April 2010 Brides

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't sign in all day, either! Work went by so slowly without being able to take a break and come on here now and again. This has been happening a lot lately for some reason.

I just realized the other day that I'm just about done with my planning now. I've got my DIY projects all ready to be printed up and put together, my mugs (hopefully) ordered now and I just got my favours in the mail yesterday. I've done a bunch of shopping this week and I don't think that there's anything else to buy. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm with Suzy about not being able to sign in at all yesterday but back in action now. I'm guessing that the mods were doing an overhaul on the server to try and get things fixed so I won't complain if one day off will make things run more smoothly!!

Thanks Tracy for letting me know that the link for my pics is dead... I'll post again tonight from my laptop when I can use photobucket.

Mel - how awesome it must feel to be so nearly done all your planning and everything!! I've got one kind of labour intensive DIY project on the go right now and aside from that I don't think I'll be doing too much else. It'll jsut be knocking some of these last big items down. And I *finally* got my mug order placed last night so at least one checked off so far.

Yesterday I was out of my office for the day and I go SO much accomplished at home!! It was SUCH a great day and even by the time FI got home from work I was still bouncing around with plenty of energy to spare. I totally wish that I could take off one day mid-week from now until the wedding so that I could get as much done every week - that would be AMAZING!

Now to catch up on all the emails from work yesterday though sad.gif

I'm with Suzy about not being able to sign in at all yesterday but back in action now. I'm guessing that the mods were doing an overhaul on the server to try and get things fixed so I won't complain if one day off will make things run more smoothly!!

Thanks Tracy for letting me know that the link for my pics is dead... I'll post again tonight from my laptop when I can use photobucket.

Mel - how awesome it must feel to be so nearly done all your planning and everything!! I've got one kind of labour intensive DIY project on the go right now and aside from that I don't think I'll be doing too much else. It'll jsut be knocking some of these last big items down. And I *finally* got my mug order placed last night so at least one checked off so far.

Yesterday I was out of my office for the day and I go SO much accomplished at home!! It was SUCH a great day and even by the time FI got home from work I was still bouncing around with plenty of energy to spare. I totally wish that I could take off one day mid-week from now until the wedding so that I could get as much done every week - that would be AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post

I'm with you- I'd love to have a day off in the middle of the week sometimes. Right now I'm having a cup of coffee just before going in and wishing I could just stay home today. It's awesome that you had such a productive day!
I love being almost done- but it's making me even more impatient to go! Two months from tomorrow, though, and I'll be on a plane heading home (or to Edmonton overnight, then home anyway).

The reason you guys couldn't sign in is because Tammy/server is on the east coast and with the blizzard it went down. i got an email on Facebook about it. It was making me nuts!

We got over a foot of snow yesterday on top of the foot we got over the weekend. It's insane!

So I got my veil this week...it actually took me more time to find the veil than it did for me to find my dress - we went to 4 stores and i tried on about 20 different veils. For my dress i went to one store and tried on maybe 5-6 dresses.

So here's picturesClick the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find just a simple veil with nothing on it - since my dress has so much detail i didn't want to take away from that - i ended up getting it at the same place as my dress - they didn't have this one the last time i was there - i even got to see it with my gown so i know it will look right together.

oh and i got a new car ladies....i picked up my mustang at the body shop and traded it in for a Ford Escape - and just in the nick of time....here's what it looked like last night

Click the image to open in full size.

We're getting quite a workout this week with the shoveling!

Awe Mel I'm soooooooo envious fight now for many reasons:

1. you're almost done planning!! lol

2. you're heading back east before the wedding!!!!! big envy

3. and your DIY projects are almost done too!!

I am now scratching things off the list, the list has been revised and re-written and reconfigured...and now things are coming so quickly that anything I haven't thought about recently is totally getting nixed!! lol

I went from being OCD, to not really caring at all...just as long as we make it to Mexico...I've totally crossed table favors off the list, the OOT bags have been all consuming and that's pretty much all people are getting. That alone is going to take up HUGE baggage allowance, so I figured to forget about all table favors, centerpieces and chair decor...

When I actually start to think about it I totally have a panic attack, and so this is why I choose complete oblivion, it's the best way for me ;o)

Michele!!!! Love you veil and your new wheels...but with all that snow make sure you still have good snow and ice tires!! I don't leave home without them! lol All that snow totally reminds me of NS...sigh***

HOLY CRAP LOOK AT ALL THAT SNOW!!! I WANT SOME!

And that makes tons of sense about the server being down from the storm - I hadn't considered that in the slightest so thanks for the update.

Your veil is very pretty! I really like it with the edging that you've got on it too. Must have been a bonus to be able to try it on with your actual dress and everything too - that's the reason I hadn't bought one initially was that i just didn't like the options available at the same store. I should *hopefully* be getting a call closer to the end of next week about my dress arriving for my first fitting, so I'll see then if they have anything new. I'm undecided about veils though so I'm not stressing if I don't find one I like. Hehehe, and FI told me very bluntly that I'm not allowed having any of the styles that cover my face (which I wouldn't anyways - not my thing) and not a really long one either. He's so cute sometimes, thinking he can decide that for me :)