The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't posted my review (crazy work schedule) but here are some pictures from elizabeth Medina at Dreams Tulum for my wedding! Check them out to see how beautiful the location is! We are the Chris and Angela Wedding on the blog :)

Elizabeth Medina Photography
Angela your pics are beautiful! I love Elizabeth's work =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
Hi All,
Just want to let everyone know, I'm not sure if anyone else had this question but I did...
Aurora sent me the wedding packet where I need to fill out all of my information before the wedding. One of the parts was- I needed to fill out an excel of all of my guests attending, and their flight info.
I have had a lot of problems with both mine and my fiance's family/friends either 1) never sending back their RSVP and we need to keep calling them to get an answer or 2) they sent back the RSVP but never booked, now a year after we sent out the invitations the price has gone up (obviously) so now they don't know if they are going to come or not.
So we don't really have a final head count for me to send back to her. So I asked her, if I put a name down as they are coming, but then don't actually end up coming, do I need to pay for their plate? (We have AROUND 45 people coming, but I don't know exactly) She said no, we can give the final count once we get there and pay then.

I see all of the pictures of the weddings here at Dreams Tulum, and everyone for the most part has bridesmaids and a bunch of family there with them. It's hard to explain what my fiance and I have gone through with our family and friends, but to make a long story short- we have no bridal party, some of our closest friends couldn't be more Inconvenienced, and aren't even coming, While others are complaining- "why are you getting married so far away this is soo much". (the weddings of our friends we've been in, we've never "skimped" on them, always gone above and beyond and given more than we could even afford) The only family members that are coming are our parents and his brother, all of our Aunts and Uncles, my sister and brother, think its ridiculous that we're getting married in Mexico and don't want to get their passports or have any desire to go to Mexico so they're not coming.
I just wonder if anyone had this problem, I hope not, but I hope I'm not the only weirdo who isn't important enough to most of the people in my life? Don't get me wrong, we do have a handful of people who are excited, practically my whole office is coming because they're excited to go to Mexico and drink tequilla. Thank goodness or else we'd have no guests at the wedding. I'm so sorry, this isn't the place to rant about these things, but just yesterday my "best friend" from college EMAILED me she isn't coming because she waited too long to book and now it's too much $. My best friend... good thing we decided against the bridal party. Sorry again for ranting, I'm just at a loss.
Oh- Don't worry about that. My fiance and I are PAYING for everyone's travel and yet they STILL complain - why are you having it so far away - why did you pick a resort so far away from the airport, etc. At least you have a group of people who are excited to be there. Don't let the others ruin your mood. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't posted my review (crazy work schedule) but here are some pictures from elizabeth Medina at Dreams Tulum for my wedding! Check them out to see how beautiful the location is! We are the Chris and Angela Wedding on the blog :)

Elizabeth Medina Photography
Wow! Beautiful wedding, amazing pictures. There are so many great photographers - how does one pick?huh02.gif

hey guys my name is Danielle and I am getting married on May 14th 2010 at Dreams Tulum.

I have currently bee working with Auora in their wedding deoartment, she has been a great help but I am just wanting some advice-ideas. We will be having 40 guests at the resort for our wedding which I'm sure you are all aware of can get pricy, after adding in costs for the guests. Did anyone seem to get help on rates and prices?

we have been communicating through e-mail which is hard, I've sent photo's and I still seem to be having a hard time communicatinh what I want for my special day. I've been asking questions on decorating, cake, and stay and the only response I seem to be getting is, you can bring it or for an additional cost we can do that. I understand they are a business and they need to make money, but I donno.

my fiance and I went to mexico last may and viewed the resort and it's amazing so if anyone is considering dreams tulum it's an amazing resort any of the dreams.

If any one has any advice, ideas, or suggestions please feel free.. Hope everyone has a great super bowl sunday..

danielle

bride-to-be

may 14 2014

PS. I had to fill out the same paper work that asked for our guests information and my family as well as my fiancee's was causing travel problems. So I asked auora if I could get back to her once I received that information and that was fine with her. It seems to me Dreams is very accomidating to some things.. But if you have anyother questions feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb0902 View Post
I am very proud to say I have finally...

POSTED MY REVIEW!!smile123.gif

*~*jmb0902's Long, Detailed, PIC FILLED Review of Dreams Tulum!*~*

Thank you so much SunBride and everyone else who has helped me out - and don't worry, I plan on hanging out to help all you planning ladies! Let me know if you have questions!
Great review! I'm completely inspired by your TTD pics!

Do you mind sharing what types of things you switched out in the package with the help of your TA? There are a couple things I really want to switch like photography since I'm bringing my own but don't know the best way to handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post
Great review! I'm completely inspired by your TTD pics!

Do you mind sharing what types of things you switched out in the package with the help of your TA? There are a couple things I really want to switch like photography since I'm bringing my own but don't know the best way to handle it.
The most major thing I had Tammy work on for me was getting the videographer (b/c we were bringing our own photog) - Natalia had origininally said "no" when I asked if I could do that, but Tammy went directly to Landy (who is now a manager I think) to discuss it and she said okay.

The only other thing I really had her do was let us get a "groom's cake" for our Rehearsal Dinner included in the cost of the $20pp instead of paying $4 pp extra for it (it kind of just substituted for the dessert that usually comes with the dinner).