April 2010 Brides

I tried everything.. from laminating the label and then using double sided tape.. the lamination was to strong (and I used the thinnest one.. 3mm) So I tried cement clue.. this glue is way to hard to work with especially with plastic mugs.

So I went back to staples and got them to print my labels on sticky back side paper.

I stuck them on the mug and used book protector over it to make it water proof. I've washed the mug (by hand) and it works.

Click the image to open in full size.

I still have to work on them to get the book protector more even at the bottom where it starts to go round.

Hard to tell.. but it says 'mint to be' I will put mints in them.. was just to show and I had M&M in the cupboard lol.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the label my self. Then went and got it printed on sticky label paper.

Book protecter: It's sticky on one side you have to peel the back off (your school never made you bring your books home to cover them? ) this is the stuff we use to use.

You wont have a hard time finding it.. It's just called 'book protector'

it says on the paper 'removable self-adhesive vinyl-covers 2-3 books'

lol hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
The car isn't totaled - 4500 in damages, but I'm getting it fixed and trading it in for an SUV. I am done with sports cars.
An SUV is definitely the way to go. I love my 4WD Ford Explorer. I bet I make people laugh though when they see this little 5 foot-nothing woman hop out of that huge car. I just feel so much safer in it. I hate driving standard size cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
well the funny thing with his bach. party is that I totally don't even care that they're taking him away for the weekend. He absolutely needs it and I really want him to have lots of fun with the guys.

I just don't get why my friends think it's SO amusing to keep me in the dark when it's not even my own party! It isn't like I have a history of ruining surprises or anything so they have no reason to think that I wouldn't be able to keep the secret myself. And I didn't think that they'd hold even the most basic of details from me too. GGRRRRR!
The FI and I are having our Bachelor and Bachelorette parties on the same night in Miami, FL. My MOH is keeping me in the dark about what's going on for my own bachelorette party... So, I'll be snooping around trying to find out what's going on for my party. I won't have time to worry about his. LOL! I'm pretty sure FI's BM will keep me in the dark about what they are planning too.

Hey ladies… I know Iâ€ve been missing in action for a while, but Iâ€ve been pretty busy with wedding stuff and my job. Time has flown by. Oh, and my family thinks I will get around to planning a family reunion this year (I donâ€t think so).

As I mentioned a while ago, my FI and I are getting married out of the port of Miami, Florida on the Carnival Glory cruise ship before it sails on a 7-day cruise through the Eastern Caribbean. So, we have had to make arrangements in the Miami area for our wedding guests for the day before the wedding (hotel stay, welcome dinner, transportation, etc.). So, I was in Miami for two weeks (just got back Friday) for a work trip and decided to get some wedding planning stuff taken care of on the weekends and while I was not tied up with work. My FI took vacation time from work and spent a week in Miami with me.

While I was there, I was able to check out the area around the hotel where my guests and I will be staying the night before the wedding. My FI and I made a trip to Menâ€s Wearhouse where we will be picking up our tuxes to set-up our tux order. I found a spa/salon to get my nails done for the wedding. I was able to find my wedding shoes and purse while I was there (they have great deals in Miami). I was also able to get my makeup/hair trial done while I was there. I found a makeup artist/hair stylist that will come to my hotel on the morning of the wedding to style my hair and do my makeup. I havenâ€t decided if I am going to pay for makeup/hair for my two bridesmaids yet. There are some pics at the end of this post.

My MOH lives about two hours outside of Miami and the groomsmen live in the Miami area, so we all met up for dinner one weekend in Miami. We had a great time. It was my first time meeting the groomsmen and my FI and MOHâ€s first time meeting each other. My MOH and the groomsmen had never met before either. Weird huh??

So, although I have gotten a lot of stuff done, I still feel like I have so much left to do. I am just exhausted all the time. Iâ€m just ready to get married already!!

Pics from hair/makeup trial. The hair will be a little shorter for the wedding and the eye makeup will not be as light

Pics of wedding purse and shoes. Both are silver (I decided to do silver accents). Sorry if the pics arenâ€t very clear, I took them with my cell phone camera

The purse only cost $13! I had the hardest time finding shoes because I have a wide foot. I also needed a low heel because I canâ€t walk in real high heels. I found these shoes at a Macyâ€s in Miami (Déjà by Nina, metallic silver). I also found the cutest bridesmaids gift, a bronze/black leopard print passport cover and luggage tag set on sale for around $12. They only had one left! I havenâ€t been able to find it online either. My MOH loves animal print stuff. I just found a cute little wristlet for my sister, who is my bridesmaid. I will have to take a photo to share with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
lol I made sure that our party was on the same night as well. I didn't want to be at home wondering what the FI was doing. I'll be to busy to wonder!
I'm so excited just to get out and not think of wedding for a night (it's definitely been awhile since I had a night out)
I hear ya!!! I will be so ready for a night out!

OMG!! I just feel in love all over again... with your shoes!!!!!! they are to die for and I am not a big shoe person. I love maimi!!!!! I've been once and did buy a pair of shoes. You lucky girl you!!!

Love the make up and the vail and the purse.. you'll be rocking on your wedding.

Good for you for getting a lot done. I know the feeling of always feeling like there is a ton left to do. Definitely can't wait untill wedding anything is over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
OMG!! I just feel in love all over again... with your shoes!!!!!! they are to die for and I am not a big shoe person. I love maimi!!!!! I've been once and did buy a pair of shoes. You lucky girl you!!!
Love the make up and the vail and the purse.. you'll be rocking on your wedding.
Good for you for getting a lot done. I know the feeling of always feeling like there is a ton left to do. Definitely can't wait untill wedding anything is over with.
Thanks Tracy! I'm not a big shoe person either. I wear the same two pair of shoes all the time.

I am so missing the weather in Miami right now. It was 80 degrees F when I left Miami on Friday and 35 degrees F when I got off the plane in Atlanta on Friday. But, it is probably warmer here in Atlanta compared to where you are right?