Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post
I emailed Ana on this because I wanted fake flowers to be on the back of our chairs. She told me that it was against Mexican Law to have any fake flowers on the beach. So I would guess if you are planning on having the ceremony on the beach any fake flowers are not allowed. I would ask her again and see what response she tells you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcraney View Post
Hi everyone,

After pouring over the various locations and resorts in the area, I finally chose DRC as my wedding venue and am super excited. I have a million years to wait--I reserved May 14, 2011 (really early, I know) about an hour and a half before sunset. I wanted to give all our friends and fam a year's notice and also give us time to save up, so it made sense for us.

Now I guess I just sit around and only plan a few little things until like a year from now. That does not sound so bad to me! :)

I am grateful to everyone on this thread for helping me get a sense of this place and the packages and whatnot. If anyone new has any questions about basics I am glad to answer them.

Happy Weddings, all!
As far as the flowers go - I have been told that fake rose petals etc. are just not allowed to be left on the beach - as far as I know you are allowed to have your fake floral bouquets on the beach as long as you take them with you and don't leave them behind as this constitutes littering if you leave them behind!

lcraney - Welcome and congrats on the wedding planning! It will go by soooo fast you don't even know!! My FI and I got engaged in May 2008 almost 2.5 years engaged by the time we get married.. and so far time has flown by so fast.. and I know that the next 8 months are going to go even quicker! Your date will be here before you know it!!! woot.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1219 View Post
Hi Icraney! Congrats! I know how you feel about searching for resorts!! It was extremely overwhelming. It sounds like DRC is pretty nice though:) Hopefully people who get married before us will post pics and help answer some of our questions! Good luck planning.
I will for sure post pictures and write a review/give all the brides after me some insight into DRC as well as answer any questions you guys have - even though my wedding is 8 months away.. I just hope others before me will do the same!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Does anyone know the resort phone number? I'm getting ready to send out my invitations and I have an information sheet with that info on it. The phone number on the website doesn't seem to work.
Hi SDbeachgirl-
I called this number and got through...you just have to dial 011 52 (99cool.gif 872-9200

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsjcr View Post
so none of us have really heard much feedback on the rehearsal dinner?
I haven't heard anything back yet. Ana just sent me a document called AMresorts corporate deluxe all inclusive banquet kit. I has several different menus.....but I have no idea what my choices are or if substitutions can be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1219 View Post
I haven't heard anything back yet. Ana just sent me a document called AMresorts corporate deluxe all inclusive banquet kit. I has several different menus.....but I have no idea what my choices are or if substitutions can be made
Yeh- I am going to have 25 adults and 2 children at my rehearsal dinner. We want a plated, sit down meal. She told me they are working on the menu options but sent me the same thing she sent you. She said that we could have 2 hours (and it will include food and alcohol) and it would be $35 a person- I believe. But that is about as much as I know. I am not sure where my options are, etc. She did mention subbing out food- but it all looks confusing to me ??

Anyone else with anymore feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsjcr View Post
Yeh- I am going to have 25 adults and 2 children at my rehearsal dinner. We want a plated, sit down meal. She told me they are working on the menu options but sent me the same thing she sent you. She said that we could have 2 hours (and it will include food and alcohol) and it would be $35 a person- I believe. But that is about as much as I know. I am not sure where my options are, etc. She did mention subbing out food- but it all looks confusing to me ??

Anyone else with anymore feedback?
When I asked Ana about rehearsal dinner options she needed me to give her specifics... number of people, what we wanted, ect. Earlier in the thread there is information about rehearsal dinners. I want to say that you can have it at the buffet if you'd like, and they could reserve a spot but there is an extra charge per person.

We have decided to charter a private catamaran sunset cruise in lieu of a rehearsal dinner. The resort is all inclusive, and again I do not feel it is necessary to pay extra for food! Friday night before the wedding day we are taking a bus to Playa del Carmen and we will go on a two hour sunset cruise. It is about $25 a person with transportation, so we opted to give our guests something different in place of the rehearsal dinner. This is just another option if anyone wanted to do something different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
When I asked Ana about rehearsal dinner options she needed me to give her specifics... number of people, what we wanted, ect. Earlier in the thread there is information about rehearsal dinners. I want to say that you can have it at the buffet if you'd like, and they could reserve a spot but there is an extra charge per person.

We have decided to charter a private catamaran sunset cruise in lieu of a rehearsal dinner. The resort is all inclusive, and again I do not feel it is necessary to pay extra for food! Friday night before the wedding day we are taking a bus to Playa del Carmen and we will go on a two hour sunset cruise. It is about $25 a person with transportation, so we opted to give our guests something different in place of the rehearsal dinner. This is just another option if anyone wanted to do something different!
Do you have any more information on this that you can send me? That sounds great!! Also- do you have an idea where (in this post) I could find the info on the rehearsal dinner? I am finding it more helpful to get answers on here than from Ana. Thanks so much!