OOT Bags overboard

In the middle of the airport we had to change some things around in suitcases because they were overweight! Needless to say, my husband was not happy!!!! However, everyone LOVED their bags and the things in them! The biggest hit with my group was the large plastic bottles I got at the dollar store~ they were great to put your own Corona in (there was a self-serve tap in the buffet area!), and the bartenders were always filling them with Miami Vices (the drink of choice for most of my guests~ half pina colada, half strawberry daquiri!).

Amy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are having your wedding at a resort, check with the onsite WC and see if you can ship the stuff directly there. And from what I hear, don't ship via DHL - only Fed Ex. It may be a bit more money, but chances are it won't get "lost." And by that, I mean stolen.

Also, I just bought stripped towels from Target for $5.99 each. It was a pretty good deal. You may want to look into it now since it's a seasonal item.

Get a few people you trust to pack some of your items. We flew to visit our family a month before the wedding and took a bunch of stuff to my mom, moh, & a bm. It took a little burden off of us in the end...although if any of their luggage had been lost we would have been a little screwed LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlsay View Post
OK, I can't buy anymore. I'm worried about getting things to Cancun. This is what's in my 20 bags and I just love them and hope our guest will to.

Cooler Bags (hold 18 cans) but can be used just as a beach bag.
Logo Beach Towel
Welcome Letter
Spanish Phrases
Stamped Riviera Maya post card
Koozie
Tequilla
Candle
Tylenol/Pepto Bismol/Alka Seltzer (moring relief) Shout wipe, bandades
Sunscreen

Lip Balm
Bubble Bath
Custom CD
flip flop playing cards
Seashell Bookmarks

The towels alone are 40lbs and looks like will cost $356 to ship fed ex. We have 7 rooms worth of guest arriving the same day and thinking I will only ship their bags and try to take the rest (another 12 rooms) down with us? The wedding coordinator said she would assemble the bags and hand out when guest check in. This is why I thought to ship only the ones that arrive when we do??

Any suggestions.... We are also giving a bag to the wedding coordinator and her assistant.
Those bags sound amazing - i would love to get one of those!

We are taking everything down with us and we are arriving a day before everyone else, so Tom and I will assemble them once we are there. People are coming in on different nights, so we are having a welcome cocktail reception each evening and I will have a table set up with the bags of the people arriving that night on them. One bag per couple with a travel mug for each person in the party ... and a separate "kiddie bag" for any youngsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
We are taking everything down with us and we are arriving a day before everyone else, so Tom and I will assemble them once we are there. People are coming in on different nights, so we are having a welcome cocktail reception each evening and I will have a table set up with the bags of the people arriving that night on them. One bag per couple with a travel mug for each person in the party ... and a separate "kiddie bag" for any youngsters.
that is eactly what we are doing, I have asked all our guests to arrive the day after us, so I have time to put them all together for when they start arriving!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride View Post
that is eactly what we are doing, I have asked all our guests to arrive the day after us, so I have time to put them all together for when they start arriving!!

Do you know if most hotels would be able to give out the bags when the guests check in? I have people arriving different days and at different times and don't want to spend my days waiting in the lobby for them to give out their bags. I'm wondering if I just gave all of them to the front desk, if they could hand them out when guests check in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz10179 View Post
Do you know if most hotels would be able to give out the bags when the guests check in? I have people arriving different days and at different times and don't want to spend my days waiting in the lobby for them to give out their bags. I'm wondering if I just gave all of them to the front desk, if they could hand them out when guests check in?
You will probably be in luck. Our resort charges $4 a bag for resort delivery ... and I was going to do that ... but I've heard too many horror stories of the bags never arriving -- or arriving a lot lighter than they should be once they are handed off in the DR, so we aren't going to do it that way, although it would be easier.

Having them at a table with labeled name tags at the welcome receptions I think will be easier for us, and let us keep an eye on them.