Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemball View Post
Hi everyone.

I've just requested at wedding at Dreams for February 22 next year.
I was just wondering if anyone could help me. None of my guest are staying at Dreams as we are flying over from UK it is quite expensive for it's only me and my boyfriend staying.
We have requested the Ultimate package but do you know how much they charge for guest not staying at the hotel? Also does this charge go on top of the day charge for use of the hotel? A little mean if it does.
Have emailed the wedding coordinator too but I too impaitent to wait.
according to the WC you don't get charged if your guests arrive up to an hour before the ceremony and leave after the reception.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ladies!!! Help is needed please!!! I have been reading this forum for days and I have several questions. We are considering a Dreams Cancun wedding:

1) when i go to there website i wanted to see what a room rate would cost just as a hypothetical for my brother, his wife and their 3 kids all under the age of 10. it will not let me even select a room b/c it says I have exceeded the max. occupancy of 4 people per room. so then I went to expedia to try to book a hypothetical package deal and the same thing happened. Even if I were to leave off the 4 year old from the count for the room, they would still need to purchase an airline ticket for her so that doesnt work either. this makes no sense to me. obviously a married couple with 3 kids are going to stay together in one room. Has anyone had experience with this.

2) i saw alot of questions about cost for extra people beyond the 20 that the packages include but cant seem to find the answer. We are inviting 50 people, I am sure 10-15 will not come but my question is if we do the ultimate package with ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception dinner do you know what the cost is for someone not staying at the hotel beyond the 20person limit to attend these events? Also does the 20 that are included have to be staying at the dreams?

3) when I did a search for cost of the room, the cheapest I found was $400/night. That seems really high, I realize food etc. is included but is that what your guests are paying for an Oct./nov. time framehuh.gif

I guess I dont understand how I am supposed to assume where my guests will want to stay and when I am researching a resort, it seems like you are apying for a package deal but if 3/4 of your guests decide not to stay there well then the package deal isnt so hot anymore. How do you go about this?

I am an idiot at all this clearly and could really use some guidance.:)

thank you in advance, Toby

Hi Toby -

I can help you with one of your questions. #1. I have an aunt and uncle that will be coming down to Mexico and they have 3 kids as well. They do have to purchase 2 rooms, however they are adjoining rooms meaning they have a door that connects the 2 from the inside. It stinks that they have to pay for 2 rooms, but unfortunately that's how the resort works.

As far as looking for price quotes...I would recommend going to a travel agent versus some of the online resources such as expedia or orbitz...some brides on this forum have had really bad experience with those online resources and rumor has it if the resort is booked those that have booked through those online sources are the first ones to get bumped from their chosen hotels.

I hope this helps.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the honeymoon spots--I'll google them all and speak to my TA. Soo excited. I stayed in RM in August & FI and I walked to Maroma Beach (lots of exercise and rocks on the way lol). It was absolutely beautiful. We saw Maroma Resort & Spa on the travel channel where they raved about the beach so we wanted to check it out. The beach was gorgeous but the hotel is super expensive so I'm happy I have some more options to look at now..

&

Congrats Sunitam!!! Can't wait to see your review & so happy your wedding day was so amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taapple View Post
Ladies!!! Help is needed please!!! I have been reading this forum for days and I have several questions. We are considering a Dreams Cancun wedding:
1) when i go to there website i wanted to see what a room rate would cost just as a hypothetical for my brother, his wife and their 3 kids all under the age of 10. it will not let me even select a room b/c it says I have exceeded the max. occupancy of 4 people per room. so then I went to expedia to try to book a hypothetical package deal and the same thing happened. Even if I were to leave off the 4 year old from the count for the room, they would still need to purchase an airline ticket for her so that doesnt work either. this makes no sense to me. obviously a married couple with 3 kids are going to stay together in one room. Has anyone had experience with this.

2) i saw alot of questions about cost for extra people beyond the 20 that the packages include but cant seem to find the answer. We are inviting 50 people, I am sure 10-15 will not come but my question is if we do the ultimate package with ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception dinner do you know what the cost is for someone not staying at the hotel beyond the 20person limit to attend these events? Also does the 20 that are included have to be staying at the dreams?

3) when I did a search for cost of the room, the cheapest I found was $400/night. That seems really high, I realize food etc. is included but is that what your guests are paying for an Oct./nov. time framehuh.gif

I guess I dont understand how I am supposed to assume where my guests will want to stay and when I am researching a resort, it seems like you are apying for a package deal but if 3/4 of your guests decide not to stay there well then the package deal isnt so hot anymore. How do you go about this?

Yes, as you have found online, the max occupancy for a room is 3 adults & 1 child or 2 adults & 2 children. They do have the connecting rooms as someone mentioned but there is limited availability.

In answer to question #2, I think you're talking about the day pass fee. There seems to be some discrepancy with this fee, some people have been told $100 (which is what I had heard) but others were told if the guests arrived no more than an hour before the ceremony and left right after the reception there wouldn't be a fee. Although, I think for the most part, most guests for destination weddings stay at the same resort, at least that's been my experience with the weddings I've done. And then you would have the cost per person for cocktail hour & dinner which vary depending on the menu you choose.

Wow, lets hope that the day pass fee could be waived, ouch. I guess this is the "fun" of planing a destination wedding. Chances are Im making a mountain out of a molehill, ha!! Out of 50 people invited that may or may not come, there is only the concern of kids for my immediate family which will want to come and who I will want to come and this alone will determine my venue b/c correct me if im wrong but it seems that all of the adults only resorts will not allow kids in even for the wedding. I have heard faboulous things about dreams but I dont want to choose it b/c they allow kids and find out after the fact that its going to cost them $4,000 for 2 hotel rooms for 4 nights due to the max. occupancy thing. Travel agent is def. in store. I have also heard the WC can take a while to respond to emails and I would really like to find out if there is any availablilty left so we can reserve. Thinking maybe I should call?? Thanks again for all of your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taapple View Post

Hi, Ill try to help you with some of your questions too..

I would also look into getting a travel agent. they can get you group rate quotes from different airlines. I had a group of 22 at my wedding and tried getting a travel agent but the group rate she was quoted was really expensive so in the end, most of my group booked through Orbitz and a couple others with Expedia and Westjet. Check different websites and see what the prices are like before you book.

Another option you have is getting a discount rate from Dreams. If you call or email the sales manage Armando, he will set up a wedding code for you with a special nightly rate which is good for 3 days before your wedding, and 3 daya after. I had a couple of cousins who stayed at a cheaper hotel for a few nights and then stayed at dreams with the special rate for the last 3 nights. my wedding was a couple weeks ago and the rate they got was $147 USD per person per night. thats a lot better than the 400 dollars they quote online! so if your guests can get a cheap flight, they can book the hotel seperately with the wedding code. you have to email him to get the rate for whatever month you are there.

The extra cost for each person over 20 is roughly 80 USD and that includes the cocktail hour and reception dinner.

I had 4 guests and 1 photographer who did not stay at dreams and I was not charged any day passes

hope that helps