BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 8

nsbride2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malisa View Post
1% is great and 1% a week for 12 weeks is 12%. This isn't your full time job and you have a completely different environment. Keep up the good job girls.
Exactly... we're not going to lose like the contestants on Biggest Loser, because ALL they do is exercise and meal plan. We have lives and responsibilities and temptations that are more than a trough of M&Ms.

I'm happy with my results. My minimum goal is 2lbs a week, so I made that. I also dragged my sorry butt out of bed at 4:30am so I could go to the gym before work. I'm having a hard time fitting in my cardio, though. I feel like I don't get as into it when I do it from home, but I also feel like I don't have time go to to the gym as many days as I want to do it.

My chocolate substitute has been those sugar free Jello Mousse Temptations that have 60 calories. They taste good and help satisfy any cravings.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go, girls! I agree that any loss is awesome, and 1% every week can really add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPepperette View Post
Im beginning to think that what I think is healthy...really isnt healthy. I could use some snack and lunch suggestions....preferably snacks that are filling.
I don't know if you have any diet restrictions, but I would die without yogurt. I love those fat-free Source yogurts sweetened by splenda (35 calories). Sometimes I like to add some fruit in with plain vanilla yogurt (mmm blueberries and banana).

I also like the light cheese string things (they are like 60 calories). Sometimes I'll also eat some almonds or something (like 10 or so) to help fill me up. And then I also munch on cucumbers when I want to snack... when I'm good that is :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetjamaicabride View Post
I am not in the contest this time but I lost two pounds this week and my EA Active game on my Wii kicked my butt and quads with some serious squats and lunges! Keep it up girls!
Way to go BEV that is awesome!!
I lost 3lbs. I weighed myself earlier not right away so not only did I loose 3lbs I lost an addt'l 3 because I weighed myself last time at like 11:30pm, hahaha. So tech only 3lbs here.

Great job girls!

Melissa- I like an ounce of lowfat cheese and a pear as a snack. It's filling and yummy. I also like hummus, but it's hard to not want to dip unhealthy things into it (like chips!). And it's not super low in calories, but it's got pretty good nutritional value.

If I'm craving something warm (I found that it's not the heavy foods so much that satisfy me as it is that food is warm... kinda tricks me into thinking I'm having a meal instead of a snack, even if the caloric content disagrees!), I like to pop one of those seasoned frozen veggie packs into the microwave. Some are a lot healthier than other (ie just have seasoning instead of having a cheese sauce), but even the "bad" ones are still decent as far as calories and fat go. I also like salsa with warm quinoa.