• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiinnyyeell View Post
We took our DVD home with us because we stayed at Aventura for our honey moon. It took about 3 or 4 days to get it.
Do you have your video posted on Youtube or anywhere that we could see it? Everyone says how great they are, but I'd really like to see one before spending the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
Hey NAM,
Just booked Del Sol for my wedding in May at Aventura, very excited. Can't wait to see you Del Sol slide show! How long does it take them to put that together?

Also has anyone purchased a DVD of their ceremony at Aventura Spa Palace? If so, how long did it take to get? Were you able to take it home with you right away?
I'm excited for you, their work is amazing! My wedding was 7 weeks ago today and I still don't have any pictures. So it takes a while to get the slideshow...I think it's varies a few weeks depending what time of year you're getting married.
We didn't get a DVD so I'm no help there. Dulce showed us one in our meeting and I thought it was a bit cheesy, esp for how much you pay for it. My cousin recorded the ceremony and that was enough for me. But I think they say it usually takes a few days to get it back.

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site and I'm getting married June 5th at ASP. Excited to read all your tips and advice!

Recent frustration: We booked our trip through Destination Weddings, and the deadline to book rooms at the group rate is February 1st. So far only our family has booked, out of 40 people who say they are going to! I feel like I'm turning into this crazy person harassing all my friends to book their rooms, but they all say they are definitely coming, but they are "waiting." For what? I don't know. Did anyone else experience this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmissyyy View Post
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site and I'm getting married June 5th at ASP. Excited to read all your tips and advice!

Recent frustration: We booked our trip through Destination Weddings, and the deadline to book rooms at the group rate is February 1st. So far only our family has booked, out of 40 people who say they are going to! I feel like I'm turning into this crazy person harassing all my friends to book their rooms, but they all say they are definitely coming, but they are "waiting." For what? I don't know. Did anyone else experience this problem?

Hey there! I'm going through Destination Weddings as well and know what you mean about stressing over people booking. We are getting married on June 26th and we are able to drop rooms until the end of April without any penalty. We are the only people that have booked so far. If it comes down to it I will drop the rooms if no one books by the deadline (I dont want to be out anymore money than I have too!) shots.gif

It would be nice if people book through DW so that way we can get a free cocktail reception!

Hello Ladies..

I was reading your post about booking through DW... hmm just wanted to know why? Did you get a cheaper price? I know if you book through the hotel they do the same thing...they create a link for you and your guests can go right through that link and book there room...if u block off rooms you dont get charged anything extra if there not used... and you can get your free cocktail hour etc.. depending on how many days are booked or how many rooms are booked..just wondering... I am getting married there next month.. been there tons of times and love it. And I also think a lot of people are frustrating in general.. I have so many people doing...oh yeah im coming...and then changing there mind... or wanting me to book there reservations im like wth...im not a travel agent..do it yourself! Lots of headaches... but hopefully in the end very happy :-)

Good Luck!!

Kimmy

I was going to ask the same thing as Kimmy...I had a TA but we booked everything straight through the resort and got a great rate and perks. Guests also didn't have to book until October which left everyone time to save and the only deposit we had to pay to hold 30 rooms was paying for our room upfront in full which we were glad to do anyway. And I'll tell you what...people LOVE to wait until the last minute, we didn't have our final count til about 3 weeks out. Not to sound unsympathetic but the reality is your wedding isn't most people's priority, know what I mean?? In my opinion and experience unless the rate you are offering that far in advance is WAY cheaper than what they could get a month out, why bother booking early??

We got the free cocktail hour AND reception AND 2 free rooms going through the hotel direct and they were more flexible with us because they knew and we knew what was said and going on the whole time.

I hope that didn't come off the wrong way, I'm just trying to offer a different perspective on the situation. I hope planning is going great and let me know if you have any questions. I should have my pro pics back this week (fingers crossed) and am dying to share!!

NaM- you are right... kinda wished I had of found this forum first before booking with DW. Not that they have been bad or anything but it looks like it would have been easier if I had of just went directly through Palace instead ... oh well!

I dont see why it makes a difference on who you book with... as long as you are bringing business to the resort in general, I would think it shouldnt matter if you have a contract or not (IMO).

At least today one of my friends said she is going to book this weekend! Yeahhhh!

I wish I had known about this forum sooner also!

I chose to book through DW mainly because I found it online, and when we got engaged, the only thing I knew was I wanted a destination wedding, but got so overwhelmed with choices that I didn't know where to start! My planner helped me narrow down locations, and that was all very helpful. But now we've reserved 16 rooms, and only filled 3 and I'm starting to panic.

I think I can only reduce 30%, which leaves us at 13. But, hopefully people come through last minute.

I kind of want to reduce my package to the complimentary package now, since I've read on here it's cheaper to do the add-ons? Is it too late to change?