Feedback on Average Cost of Wedding in Punta Cana

Hello Ladies: As all of you, I have been doing a lot of research on weddings in Punta Cana. One of the reasons we chose DR is because we didn't have a big budget, however, a lot of these prices are higher than wedding in NYC!!! I have about 100 people going and it seems that you are penalized for big parties in DR. Has anyone negotiated better prices? The premium bar tabs is what seems to really add up. A lot of places are trying to charge $22 p/p/p/hr! So far I've narrowed my choices down to Moon Palace, Melia Caribe Tropical and Dreams Palma Real. Any advice is appreciated!

curlsdc

July 2010 wedding

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on how private of a reception you want -- if you want to rent out a restaurant and have a private bar, it will cost you a lot more. We are going with the regular package, which offers dinner and then we are moving to another location (not yet decided) - I find it crazy to pay EXTRA for a premium bar when we are at an all inclusive!!

That being said, I know that most packages do a maximum for dinner etc, but I don't see why they can't give you a deal, or discount for having 100 people!!! See what you can work out with the WC.

We are second guessing our decision of choosing Cuba, especially now if it's true that the notary cost has increase. But we too are worried about the price of a wedding in the Dominican. The base price is quite high and it seems like everything is an extra. We are expecting around 40 people. We do not want a private reception, but just make sure that our entire group gets to eat in the same restaurant at the same time.

We are a bit overwhelmed at the idea of going through all the research for DR after doing it for Cuba. Anybody can point us in the direction of a few reasonably priced resorts/wedding packages?

Hi! We are getting married at the Majestic Colonial and they offer free wedding packages if you book 15 rooms or more for 7 nights. That saves you close to $2K in the wedding package alone. Plus, dinner at one of their restaurants is included in the package along with a wedding cake and buch of other stuff.

Check them out its a gorgeous resort. MAJESTIC RESORTS - Web Oficial ? HOTEL MAJESTIC COLONIAL ? HOTEL MAJESTIC ELEGANCE ? HOTELES REPUBLICA DOMINICANA -HOTEL RESORTS PUNTA CANA - PLAYA BAVARO TODO INCLUIDO-

I second what the other two have said, since they were my two choices I had to pick between (I picked Dreams). Be careful with what the girl above mentioned about Majestic: Its 7 NIGHTS, not 7 DAYS... meaning you need to have those 15 rooms (or more) staying 8 days. Other than that, the resort is wonderful! :) Good luck, I know its never easy to try to pick a resort!

I agree with NSBRIDE2010! at dreams to get the comp. package you have to stay in a honeymoon suite room (or above) for 7 nights and that's it!

At the majestic you need 15 rooms for a minimun stay of 7 days! I think it is a bit toooo muchhh to ask your guests to stay over 7 days (many of them might go just for five days or so), But it depends of your guests!

Hi Ladies:

Thanks for all of your feedback, I really appreciate it. Perhaps I'm unrealistic about what weddings should cost but I have been to DR enough to know that with an exchange rate in the hight 30's to our every dollar, paying a hundred something per person is ridiculous, and something I can do in the U.S. I eliminated Dreams b/c of all the additional little costs and taxes that add up. I really want a private reception, so it will cost more. I'm sorry if I sound whiney ladies, I don't mean to, just really want to find a place. I am leaning towards Moon Palace b/c of their prices, I'm just worried that it might be too expensive for guests. Do you think that $900 something dollars is too much to ask guests to pay for airfare and hotel for 4-5 days?