Quote:
Originally Posted by NaM View Post
I'm going to agree with Raluca and say RM is way better than Punta Cana in my opinion. They are both gorgeous but I'm just a little partial to Mexico in general.
About the beach-a few people brought this up when they first got there but after we had pool time (at the swim up bar) and we went snorkeling...I think everyone was really pleased. We didn't hear a single complaint because everything else was so great. I, like Raluca, wanted a gazebo and the beach as a back drop "and what a backdrop it was"
I'll hopefully have my pro pics back soon so I'll post those and my review within the next few weeks (hopefully sooner rather than later). But for now here are a few from my camera:

**Just a note** since we got married in November I didn't take the time into account. We got married at 4 and although I enjoyed having all day to relax and get ready...we started a little late and missed out on some great pictures. If I could go back and do it again I would pick 3. That being said if I was getting married in the summer before day light savings time anything earlier might be too hot and I would def stick to 4. All personal preference though so make sure you research what will make you most happy!!
Natalia,
First let me say - YOU WERE BEAUTIFUL! I think I had told you that after Sascha had taken our pictures and was walking with us back to the Pandero terrace for the cocktail hour, we saw you and Justin being pronounced husband and wife - And I totally waved my bouquet and yelled and cheered (so did your guests, that's why you couldn't hear me lol) but i was far away and didn't really see much of your dress or what was going on. Now I am waiting to see photos! We also ran into some of your bridesmaids when riding the carriage over - their dresses were so cute! And, your grandpa and I danced up a storm at the disco one night - the man could twirl me so fast... (hahahaha...he told me later by the pool he was your grandpa, and then he took a pic of us...I thought he was so sweet...reminded me so much of my grandparents who couldn't travel from Romania...)
All that aside, it is so sad we didn't take photos together (duh! we were just a few feet apart all the time that night) - maybe Sascha can photoshop one :-))
I too loved the free snorkeling tour (and it wasn't because Federico was the guide - which was the reason a lot of my ladies might have thought of joining the tour, but was definitely the reason why I did water aerobics often...lol) and I saw some cool fish too - and I was dead tired afterward...that lagoon is very long...
Als, the time comment - TOALLY TRUE. The reason the light bulb went off for me was that when I booked, I asked ASP for a 6:30 p.m. wedding. And they replied to make sure that's what I wanted because it would have been pitch black. I went on one of the web sites that showed sunset and sunrise times and I realized the sun set at 5 at that time of the year....so for anyone concerned about this, it is really easy to figure out what your time of the year will look like just by going to one of these sites.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRell View Post
Sorry, I'm confused on time zones and seasons! We are getting married in June at 6pm.... what do you think? Too late??
Hi,

I got married at ASP on June 27th with 30 guests in tow and I enjoyed every moment of it.

As for the timing the wedding in June, we chose 5pm because it's not as hot by then. Also the sun was not at it's brightest making for very good lighting for all of our photographers pictures and our guests' cameras. Also we were able to have the great pictures with sunset at about 6:30 or 7:00 can't remember. Dinner was on a terrace of the Steakhouse Restaurant and we had the entire terrace to ourselves. ASP guests were only seated inside the restaurant. Then reception with bar and DJ in the Coba Gazebo where we were married. Great breeze off the ocean!

Not sure if this helps. But my husband and I traveled there a year before we got married in June to make sure we truly liked the resort, so we also checked out the best time to have our wedding during our stay. Oh I should add it rained until about 2:30pm the day of my wedding. However everything went just as planned and the staff worked overtime to make everything dry. Because it is so hot there the ground dries quickly also.

Hope this helps. Other questions let me know...

-Destination Bride

We also had our wedding at 4 and you definitely are short on sunlight after the ceremony because of it. We decided to do our pictures before hand starting around 12:30 and had plenty of time and I am so happy we decided to do it that way. Of course, that is up to you -- you don't have the "wow" walking down the aisle moment. The sacrifice was worth it to me.

By the time the ceremony and group pictures were done the lighting was about like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiinnyyeell View Post
We also had our wedding at 4 and you definitely are short on sunlight after the ceremony because of it. We decided to do our pictures before hand starting around 12:30 and had plenty of time and I am so happy we decided to do it that way. Of course, that is up to you -- you don't have the "wow" walking down the aisle moment. The sacrifice was worth it to me.

By the time the ceremony and group pictures were done the lighting was about like this:
Click the image to open in full size.
Danielle,
That is so beautiful - I love that shot... We did some shots with the sunset and I thought they were extremely romantic and different. I was very particular about the "wow" factor and not getting together before the ceremony so I didn't consider the option of photos beforehand. But many people who do (I have seen a lot on this forum) love that they have some special moments together before the big "I do." I was a wreck until the moment I walked down the steps toward the aisle so the before photos would have been (I think) a bust. I guess you can't anticipate how you will feel...at least I would have never foreseen myself to be in such an emotional state (6 years of living together + no jitters at all until the morning of...who would think I would break out in hives and have a meltdown??!) Just ask the girl that got married at 2 p.m., 1 hour before me, who had the "pleasure" of being in the beauty salon with me getting her hair done. Wreck is probably one of the lightest words she would use. lol
So the hives went COMPLETELY away when I walked down the aisle and I was very calm and totally back to normal for the after photos and reception...all is well that ends well..

hugs
Raluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarzu View Post
CancunPhotos by Sascha Gluck

Ladies, I couldn't figure out quickly how to get 60 preview photos on here, but I thought the link above (to his blog) would suffice. These are the preview shots from Sascha (AMAZING!) and they are the first ones on the page - under the heading RALUCA AND CHRIS, AVENTURA SPA PALACE. Have fun! Review coming up soon.......

Raluca
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I recommend Sascha Gluck, our photographer, all the way! As my post above says...I was a WRECK before my "I do" and Sascha made me look and feel amazing. He was such a part of our party group...everyone loved him. Once I get all of our photos I will post the link to our slideshow so you can see the many creative shots he took...
thanks again
Raluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
Any recommendations on hair stylists and make up artists at Aventura Spa Palace. Or better yet any recommendations on who to avoid?

How was the experience of getting your hair and make up done at the resort?
I didn't use anyone at the resort. I hired Fernando Fuentes and he was a great! A bit pricey, and we had to get day passes but I got a trial and it was nice not to have to leave my room while I was getting ready.
If you use the salon I would recommend you get someone who speaks English (unless you speak Spanish, of course) so you can communicate what you want/don't want.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristiandJamie View Post
Congratulations Raluca! I'm new on here but getting married at ASP in June next year. Cant wait to read your review and see pics!

Cristi
Cristi, guess what? We're getting married at ASP on June 26th as well! I figure we might as well make friends now right?

Our wedding is at 2:00pm. I assume your's is a little later because I didn't see any times booked before ours.

On a seperate note, am I honestly the only guy on this site? Whats's the deal here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis&Angie View Post
Cristi, guess what? We're getting married at ASP on June 26th as well! I figure we might as well make friends now right?

Our wedding is at 2:00pm. I assume your's is a little later because I didn't see any times booked before ours.

On a seperate note, am I honestly the only guy on this site? Whats's the deal here?

What the?? My profile is now labeled "lurker," that's really not helping my situation of being the one guy to post something