Hello,

I got married at the Grand Palladium Riviera on November 19,2009. We did a private reception and had "DJ Bob" DJ our wedding. The photographer we used was Devin Card. The pictures he did for us our amazing.

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. Trust me, the wedding coordinator there knows what they are doing and you can tell specialize in this. We worked with Erika and she was great! At our private reception she stayed right till the very end.

We did not have one thing go wrong at all. It was better than we expected. I highly reccomend this resort for a wedding. Plus, all our guest enjoyed this resort and was above their expectations as well. We had guest that came with us who have never even been on an airplane before or to an all inclusive. They are already talking about traveling again. It is a trip of a lifetime to have all your family and friends with you.

I wish all of you brides the very best on your wedding day and enjoy every minute of being engaged. Your wedding day is here and gone so fast but you get left with the most amazing memories.

We are now planning our honeymoon for February back in the Mayan Riviera again and who knows maybe even back to this resort. We travel every year to the Mayan and love it.

All the best!

One more thing...if you go with Signature Vacations and fly with Skyservice please prepare yourself because you can not hang your wedding dress, you have to fold it and put it above you in your seat (which really is not that bad, I did not have to iron my dress for the day of the wedding) and if your travel agent tells you that she has given select seating to your group so you are all in the same area and can sit with your significant other don't believe her or him because it is out of their control once you get to the airport and Skyservice did not do that on the way going or coming home. They split up couples etc....but it all worked out because there will 32 of us and we just moved seats on the plane.

I would highly reccomend Sunwing but sometimes that is not possible due to the price you get on your group rate. Just make the best of it because once you get to the resort is really all that matters anyway.

thanks for pointing that out. Same thing happened to me but with Transat. My TA assured me that we will all be seated together. My advice, push your TA to get the booking numbers; she will have them when you book. Then you can go on their webiste and do the seating yourself. I ended up doing this late and was only able to book a block of seats in theback near the bathroom. AND they were more expensive lol. And we all have big nurse bladders so its not even like we'll need the BR :P... Oh well, it will be fun regardless.

Hello Brides

I wondered if any of you could help me...

My fiance and I are so undecided as to which hotel to book for our wedding. First we liked Azul Beach (but a little on the small side) then Azul Sensatori (put off by reviews) and more recent the new Dreams Riviera Cancun. The privacy issue there is a big part to us not booking. So now we are looking at the Grand Palladiums. We have children of 12yrs and 2yrs who don't use the kids clubs really so wondered which Palladium would suit us best? We love the look of the ocean gazebo. Beautiful! Also can anyone tell me how long the transfer is from the airport? Our broucher says 2hrs which we thought might be a bit much after travelling from the UK. Any help would be appreciated as we are so up in the air about the hotels and just want to get booked up. Many thanks Michelle

Hi Michelle,

If you are travelling with kids, then colonial is good because it is central to everything. White sand is also pretty close to everything. The transfer takes approx 2 hours if you're on a bus and you have to stop at other resorts along the way. If you book a private transfer (it costs just over $100 for round trip - they'll drop you off at the airport at the end of your stay) it takes just over an hour. hope that helps :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammikins View Post
Christina,
I'm leaving on Friday. I got legally married 2 days ago, so technically I'm a Mrs already. Just to let everyone know, now that its so close to my wedding, Erika has been extremely prompt with replying to emails... like a few hours to about a day. So close!!!

Congrats Tammikins!! Sooooo exciting! Hope everything goes smoothly & that your day & vacation is all you dreamed it would be... and more!!!
Our day is soooon to arrive as well!! Can't wait to see your pictures & hear about your wonderful adventure! Congrats fellow British Columbian!! xoxo