Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriB View Post
I just checked with Kelley and unfortunately they still don't do legal ceremonies on Las Caletas. You have to get married beforehand which they can do, just not at the site. She is going to send me more information about what they offer for the legal side of things.
We are planning on doing the legal ceremony in Mexico. It entails a little extra paperwork and a blood test but we think it is really fun and romantic to have the legal ceremony performed in Mexico in Spanish with a Mexican Judge the same weekend as our wedding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan_Rae View Post
We are planning on doing the legal ceremony in Mexico. It entails a little extra paperwork and a blood test but we think it is really fun and romantic to have the legal ceremony performed in Mexico in Spanish with a Mexican Judge the same weekend as our wedding!!
Where and when are you going to do it? At the LC office before leaving or do you have something else planned? I am still not sure what we are going to do. It sounds so much easier to do it here first but that isn't really what we had in mind originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhabas View Post
How far in advance did everyone start looking into details for the ceremony? Im 11 months out right now. What should I start with? Im thinking the photographer. Also, does anyone know if I will still be able to go out early the morning of the ceremony if its on a Sunday? I dont think they run day trips on sundays. Thanks! Melissa
Definitely get your photographer squared away. And yes you can go out early on a Sunday. My wedding was on a sunday and we met Kelley at the marina at 10am. It was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinc View Post
I used the DJ that Kelley set up and I am a huge fan. .
I have to totally agree! I spent HOURS making a list of songs we liked etc. Such a waste of my time, Johnny the DJ was awesome and had our crowd dancing literally the entire night!

Quote:
I did it!! I finished the old Las Caletas thread front to back! All 1976 posts... And now it is 1am again and I am still awake... Anyhow, thanks to all the previous LC brides for the great posts and information. I am so excited to get my date confirmed and the deposit down.

Quick confirmation from the old post information though - it sounds like you def cannot get legally married at LC but have to do it on the dock before you leave or in PV? Sound right? We weren't going to do a legal here before leaving but I am now thinking we should and save us the trouble of running around for blood tests etc.
We got legally married before hand. We figured it was just easier to go the courthouse here and be done with that part!

Quote:
Where and when are you going to do it? At the LC office before leaving or do you have something else planned? I am still not sure what we are going to do. It sounds so much easier to do it here first but that isn't really what we had in mind originally.
We haven't decided where we are going to do it yet. Once we do I'll let you know. We are going to do it Saturday and we are getting married at Las Caletas on Sunday. We were originally going to get married on Saturday so we were going to do the legal ceremony the same morning at the LC office before leaving. Now we have a little more freedom as far as timing/location so I'm still trying to decide.

OMG Erin your slide show is awesome, what a beautiful day it must have been.

Can I ask which package you went with?

Can anyone explain to me the different two packages? (we are 30 guests so barefoot package is out). Kelley has suggested the Paradise package for our wedding, we are arriving by cruise ship so they are doing an earlier Rythem of the Night show to accomodate the cruise ship leaving by 10:00 PM. With the "paradise" we basically have the ceremony, eat dinner , cut the cake, have a first dance,then go to the show , then go home. I'm wondering what other options I have. ie: if we don't go to the show do we get to have a longer reception with free booze(Or do we need to upgrade to the highest package)? We might not have time to have a longer reception, I think we have to leave to catch the ship by 8:30 to 8:45 at the latest. Does the show cost extra? Alot of these questions I have e-mailed Kelley but I haven't heard back yet. I'm just wondering if I should upgrade the package. If anyone has done the Paradise can you let me know what to expect as far as timelines go for reception etc.

Thanks for all of your help,

Michele

Hi, Everyone -

Nate Cordova got our blog posts up. All of you that have booked him in the future will be pleased. He did an amazing job. There are three separate posts - enjoy!!

Trisha

Destination Wedding – Trish and Luke’s Holgas license to Still

Destination Wedding – Las Caletas license to Still

Trash the Dress – Sayulita license to Still

• 2 weeks later...

wow the pics are gorgeous! I cant wait, less than 3 months to go! I think I have decided on plumeria for my bouquet and cake. has anyone ever seen a square LC wedding cake? I emailed kelley today to ask her if they could do a square one with little yellow and white plumeria at the top and cascading down one side. I want 2 tier with a wide white ribbon around each tear and a narrower yellow ribbon on top of the white..I can see it in my head but cant quite explain it lol.

Hi All,

I am new LC bride and thought I would say hi since I have been reading everyone's posts for the last couple days :) Gosh there is a lot of information on LC...and it truly sounds like the perfect spot!

We are looking at booking June 12, 2010 so I need to start getting organized. The big thing I am stuck on is where to have everyone stay. It is important for us to find a place that is affordable to all of our guests rather than a place that is super fancy. I have been researching a number of hotels online but thought I would reach out to all of you to see if you have any recommendations. Dreams PV sounds like a popular spot but I am afraid it is a little pricey for some of our guests.

Also, my FI and I have never even been to PV (and I don't think we are going to do a site visit) so we are just going to make our decision off recommendations. Ok, here are few details about what we are looking for - let me know if any of you have any thoughts:

- Beachfront

- A larger resort that has multiple Restaurants/ Bars/ Activities

- All-inclusive (but a resort that offers an AI plan as well as a European plan would be fine)

- Swim-up bar would be fun but not necessary

- A resort that is good for kids as well as adults (I have noticed that some resorts offer a kids free option)

- A resort that is mid-range in price so it doesn't brake the bank of all our guests

- Location doesn't really matter but one near the marina would be a plus so transportation on the wedding day is easy

- Either Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta is fine but I do think it would be fun to have our guests stay closer to PV for certain activities

Sorry for the LONG introduction email...but I want to get this organized so we can get our invites out. We aren't giving people much time to plan for this (just over 5 months) and we are anticipating 80-100 guests!

One final thing, are there any June brides out there? I am a little nervous about the weather but this is the date we have to go with.

Thanks in advance and Cheers!