Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

My blood test appt and WC appt were not at the same time. Your witnesses have to bring their passports and tourist cards (which they get on the plane) and sign the papers with their info that you will provide Tiffany. You don't have to bring that paperwork, they have it on file and you send it approx 1-1.5 months in advance. Your witnesses DO have to arrive in Mexico 3 business days prior to the ceremony, but they don't have to be present during your blood tests.

Hope that helps!

I arrived on a Sat and met with the WC on the Monday.

Because to be a "legal witness" as outlined by Mexican law they have to have a 3 business day residency, just like you and FI. I guess because every country has their own laws as to what makes something legal, and that's what theirs is. I think its so that they have time to process paperwork.

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well.

I am hoping that one of you might be able to give me some advice on something.

A while back we had to pull out of going to Mexico because my Aunt got cancer. We did not want her to miss our wedding so without hesitation we canceled our trip.

Now we are looking at loosing $3000.00 dollars from the Wedding Holiday because that money was not going toward "our" trip, it was going toward holding spots for 10 people that would go to Mexico for our wedding. We filed a claim through our cancellation insurance but my Aunt's doctor said that since we were going to be getting married in May it was too far away and he didn't want to sign the papers for her even though she would not have gone to the wedding.

The only other option that the Wedding Holiday gave us was that if 5 people went with us we would get the $300 dollars from each toward our trip there.

Before we call and give it one more try with the Wedding Holiday I wanted to see if anyone here had any suggestions since you were all so helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 desses View Post
Hi Ladies,
I hope you are all doing well.
I am hoping that one of you might be able to give me some advice on something.
A while back we had to pull out of going to Mexico because my Aunt got cancer. We did not want her to miss our wedding so without hesitation we canceled our trip.
Now we are looking at loosing $3000.00 dollars from the Wedding Holiday because that money was not going toward "our" trip, it was going toward holding spots for 10 people that would go to Mexico for our wedding. We filed a claim through our cancellation insurance but my Aunt's doctor said that since we were going to be getting married in May it was too far away and he didn't want to sign the papers for her even though she would not have gone to the wedding.
The only other option that the Wedding Holiday gave us was that if 5 people went with us we would get the $300 dollars from each toward our trip there.
Before we call and give it one more try with the Wedding Holiday I wanted to see if anyone here had any suggestions since you were all so helpful.
So the Wedding Holiday proposed that you still go to Mexico, not get married, and have 5 people go with you? I'm just checking if I'm understanding this correctly. So they will reimburse you half of the money if you get 5 people to go with you? Hmmmm.

I booked with the Wedding Holiday too and the problem is that the contract is pretty solid. I at one point was risking losing money as well. This is a little far fetched but what if you asked if they had another group scheduled for the same week? Maybe some people from that group can be thrown on your reservation? But, I think for that to work you would have to actually go on the trip, you wouldn't be able to cancel all together.
Tough one, good luck! And I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Have you guys decided to have a local wedding instead?

I was just at Azul Sensatori. They were not concerned about the witnesses being there 3 business ahead of the wedding date. They must be present the day you have the mandatory meeting with the onsight wedding planner. We grabbed our friends as they checked in to be our witnesses.