Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

I wanted to use the wine cellar as well - but we have about 30 people and my mom is adamant that they all be invited sad.gif I'm sad - Ana said it's beautiful. If you have 18 or less I say go for it - it sounds awesome. I'm asking Ana what we should do for 30 people - I'll let you know what she suggests!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Hi all,

I didn't know what the best way would be to post my photos of the resort. Just so you know, I only posted those that pertain to the wedding.

I commented on some of them, so you could understand why I was taking the photo. I believe the comment only shows up if you click on the photo itself. It should be at the bottom of the screen. I'm new to photobucket, so I hope it works.

Try this link and let me know if you have any questions about any of the photos.

Cancun pictures by jenwinston - Photobucket

Hey guys,

Someone posted a great review of her DRC wedding on Facebook. Check it out! Go to page 4 on this link.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...8110#topic_top

One comment to what she said, Ana told me that the palapas in front of the gazebo would be removed. However, now I am considering the sand wedding. I really wanted it in the gazebo but everyone who has seen a wedding there strongly discourages it. I just can't believe that they are not able to reserve the area for about 1 hour. Oh well. This review is great and makes me excited!

Thanks for the photos SDbeachgirl. They are great. Gives everybody a good chance to see the resort. I love the facebook page. Great for gathering info! I go on there daily lol.

I heard back from Ana today regarding the decoration of the beach ceremony set up although she has misunderstood my question as she sent me the legal requirements?? So i've emailed her again today attaching a picture this time so she can see what i mean. I'll let you know what she says....

Looking at the pictures it doesn't look like the beach or the gazebo have much privacy at all. The covered terrace for if it rains looks the most private and quite pretty too....

Have a great weekend everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Hi all,

I didn't know what the best way would be to post my photos of the resort. Just so you know, I only posted those that pertain to the wedding.

I commented on some of them, so you could understand why I was taking the photo. I believe the comment only shows up if you click on the photo itself. It should be at the bottom of the screen. I'm new to photobucket, so I hope it works.

Try this link and let me know if you have any questions about any of the photos.

Thanks so much for the pictures Jen! They really helped clarify some of my concerns about the ceremony location... as in it is even worse than I thought. The pictures on the Dreams wedsite are so misleading. I just can't believe Dreams would design something like that!! I am gonna hold out to see if they really move the palapas. Been looking around again at other resorts in the same price range as DRC but there really aren't many great options unless you really up the price for the guests. So for the time being I guess I am just hoping for the best. So frustrated!!!

Christine & Brandy - 11/2/2009

Laura & ? - 2/26/2010

Carina & Ari - 2/27/2010

Pam & Kevin - 3/9/2010

Ashley & Perry - 4/4/2010

Amber & Jeff - 4/10/2010

Kcgcristyn - 4/17/2010

Stephanie & Jamie - 4/24/2010

Jennifer & Michael - 5/7/2010

Jessica & Robbie - 5/15/2010

Margaret & Matthew - 5/15/2010

Megan & Jason - 5/21/2010

Ashley & ? - 5/30/2010

Rachelle & Randal - 6/3/2010

Nancy & Bruce - 6/11/2010

Erica & John – 6/19/2010

carlychristine - 6/22/2010

Evelilna & Phil - 6/25/2010

Allison & ? – 7/24/2010

Casey & Ron - 9/18/2010

Vix1383 – 10/16/2010

Emma & ? - 10/23/2010

wisconsionbride - 10/28/2010

Rachael & Alex - 10/31/2010

April & Reggie – 11/6/2010

Tracy & ? -11/26/2010

lnf_munchkin - 11/27/2010

Angela & Craig - 12/8/2010

Quote:
Hey guys,

Someone posted a great review of her DRC wedding on Facebook. Check it out! Go to page 4 on this link.

Weddings! | Facebook

One comment to what she said, Ana told me that the palapas in front of the gazebo would be removed. However, now I am considering the sand wedding. I really wanted it in the gazebo but everyone who has seen a wedding there strongly discourages it. I just can't believe that they are not able to reserve the area for about 1 hour. Oh well. This review is great and makes me excited!
I felt really excited reading this review as well!!! Sounds like everything worked out really well for her :)

It is too bad about the wedding gazebo. I wonder if it will get used much? I'm definitely thinking about the beach ceremony myself just because at least that is something it seems like they can move around a bit, or do more to help make it private.

Quote:
I think I am going to use the wine cellar (in between the french restaurant and the italian restaurant). It only fits 18 people, so we are just having the wedding party and their dates. We figure the rest of the group can fend for themselves! I believe in order to have that private spot, you only need to pay for $80 worth of wine. You can order from whichever restaurant is open that night. I need to confirm all of this with Ana, but I believe this is how it works.

The other options are $10 per pp to have a semi private dinner at one of the restaurants or the buffet can arange for a separate area and if you want your guests to eat the food at the buffet, it doesn't cost anything. So there are a few options.
Jen, after reading this and seeing your pictures of the wine cellar (thanks for those, btw!) I definitely want to have my rehearsal dinner here! In fact, I'm going to be keeping that 18 ppl thing in mind when I plan that dinner... I really hope it's going to be possible to keep that group under 18 ppl! It's hard when you have to include not just your wedding party, but all the partners too. Well, I definitely want to host some kind of dinner in here anyways...

I showed FI the pics last night and told him the plan and he said GREAT it's settled, move on to the next thing! If only everything were so simple!

Quote:
Hi all,

Jen - Thanks so much for the pictures! Are the beach ceremony pictures of the "new" beach location?
The review on facebook was very helpful as well! It made me feel a lot better. Sounds like she had a great day and that maybe she had the same worries as us beforehand.

Quote:
Hi all,

Jen, Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous pictures!!! I also would love to use the wine cellar for somehting. I only have 12 people total so this may be perfect for our night of the wedding. Does anyone know if there is any additional costs to use this room besides the $80 in wine. I know we would have no problem downing at least $80 worth of wine. LOL Is there a dinner cost?

Thanks again!