Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Greetings ladies. I am another Dreams Riveria Cancun bride looking to change venues. THe reviews from tripadvisor.com for DRC are looking pretty bad right now and I am panicing. EPM was my second choice from when I was researching before so now I am trying to quick make a decision to either suck it up with DRC or make a change. My biggest question so far is how much does it cost per person over the 20 included in the packages? I have emailed the resort a few times for more info but so far nothing in return. Any additional pricing info that you girls could give me would be great. I am hoping to make a decision to stay/change in the next week or so and I am already in panic mode!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirorach View Post
Greetings ladies. I am another Dreams Riveria Cancun bride looking to change venues. THe reviews from tripadvisor.com for DRC are looking pretty bad right now and I am panicing. EPM was my second choice from when I was researching before so now I am trying to quick make a decision to either suck it up with DRC or make a change. My biggest question so far is how much does it cost per person over the 20 included in the packages? I have emailed the resort a few times for more info but so far nothing in return. Any additional pricing info that you girls could give me would be great. I am hoping to make a decision to stay/change in the next week or so and I am already in panic mode!

Thanks!
$45 p/person over 20 (includes cocktail hour, dinner and cake)

Yamina (WC) is pretty slow to respond but is very nice and very accommodating once you get her.

The info and the cost of the wedding packages is included on the excellence resorts websites. They have 3 choices.

They do allow outside vendors ($100 fee)

No children whatsoever - no exceptions.

2 wedding per day only (one in early afternoon and one in late afternoon)

I can't think of anything else right now. If you have something specific, let us know.

Good luck making your decision. I know it must be a hard one.

I would highly advise against your parents using the cruise as a means to get to your wedding! For several reasons:

1.Cruises reserve the right to change ports at any time-for any reason! Even in mid sail.

2.There is a very short windowfor the passenger to visit the destination- most go from 10am - 4pm ( although many lines extend those hrs in Cozumel) .

3. When you are on a ship that is disembarking 3000 ppl- it takes quite a while, there will also be traffic jams and the ferry will likely fill up quickly. Then they will encouter traffic in PDC. Add to that the drive to EPM......

4. If they miss the ferry back to Coz, and miss their cruise it will leave them and they will be responsible to get to the next port at their own expense.

5. The logistics of trying to coordinate your wedding with the cruiseline schedule- which as mentioned above can change at the drop of a hat!

If they will not budge perhaps they can find a cruise that docks in Cancun- it eliminates many of teh logistical nightmares and save them a bunch of time!

My advise would be for them to cruise after the wedding- take a few days at EPM then get a flight to Miami /FLL to take their cruise.

As far as using a TA - there are many many threads on the forum but generally it doesn't cost anything extra to utilize a TA's services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenKen11082010 View Post
Hey ladies! I just spent the last few hours reading this ENTIRE thread and I'm sure I still missed some details but it was very informative and so helpful!

So here is my deal. I currently have a date reserved at Dreams Riviera Cancun for 11/08/2010. I love the resort and location but HATE the wedding gazebo and HATE that the recent reviews make it seem like children own the place. We do not want to get married right in the sand and our none of our guests will bring children so we are really looking for an adults only.

I have spent A TON of time researching every single adult only in this area and I love EPM but I have a big problem. My parents insist on attending our wedding by way of a cruise. The cruise stops in Cozumel - which means my parents will need to take the ferry to Playa Del Carmen and then a taxi north to Playa Mujeres (which I think will take over an hour). My parents have never traveled outside of the US and I worry about their ability to manage this. I keep trying to convince my mom just to fly in and stay for a few days but she feels like if she is going to spend this much money she wants a full 7 days vacation and has always wanted to go on a cruise. Dreams Riviera Cancun is only about 20 minutes from PDC and will be much easier for them to get to but I really prefer EPM - the wedding gazebo seems much nicer and I love that its adult only. Any insight would be so appreciated! I'm just not sure if I can expect my parents to be able to handle this and if not maybe we should plan our wedding in cozumel or Playa Del Carmen to make life easier on them. I'm torn because I've searched and searched for the perfect resort in those areas and just cant find one I absolutely love.

One more question. We have traveled a lot (all over the US, Mexico twice, Honduras, Belize, Grand Cayman, etc) but have always booked our trips online - on our own. I have never used a TA and have NO IDEA how they work, where to find one, etc. Is it best to find a TA in your town to be able to meet in person, can you find one online and how much do you typically pay for their service? Can they save you money? Anyone planning everything on your own and think a TA isn't necessary? Again, any information would be great.

I am also interested in the save the date letter mentioned a few pages ago and I'm hoping someone can email it to me jenns_cute_88@hotmail.com since I dont have enough points yet.

We would like to have 20 or so guests and would likely go with the Love Package. I'm upset that I've spent so much time emailing the wedding coordinator at Dreams and I've finally begun to understand their packages and costs and now I've gone and changed my mind...UGGHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca030510 View Post
Hi Ladies!
I am hoping to include beach towels in our wedding colors for the OOC bags, but I'm having trouble finding them for a decent price. Did anyone else do towels!?
Rebecca,

I'm looking to do the same. I haven't any either...well I haven't actually looked lol. If I find anything I'll let you know!

Hi ladies!!!! I wanted to send you a quick note.....

Everything was PERFECT! And this is coming from a complete control freak. I have to say not one single thing went wrong. Everything happened exactly as planned and discussed with Yamina. I'll post a planning thread and review when I get back home but I know there are not a lot of EPM brides so I wanted to be sure to get back to you guys asap!

The resort is GORGEOUS! The food is excellent. Yamina is THE BEST! Whatever reservations I had about her due to lack of communication before we arrived went right out the window when we met.

BTW - Towels. I used Beach Towels wholesale manufacturer of custom embroidered monogrammed bath towel for corporate events. I ordered from them. I think it was $550.00 for 40 towels. I got the large terry velour ones in white and in navy blue.

A word of warning, though.....getting the towels down to Mexico was a big pain in the you know what. They are heavy and take up a ton of room. We had 2 extra large suitcases just for the OOT bag stuff which was 90% towels.