Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

As for the photographer I didn't use Juan Navarro for my wedding but instead used that session for a family and friends session the day before the wedding. We asked everyone to wear white and Rob and I wore pink....well my dress was pink but his shirt was so pale you can hardly tell. I knew we wouldn't get a good trade for that and the pictures turned out pretty well, plus everyone has a shot of themselves from that day in their pretty whites. However I only had his assistant, there was a wedding going on at that same time so I think Juan and his other assistant was doing that wedding.

Also, I coordinated that session with Juan and waited to tell Cecilia I had an outside photographer coming until we met with her at Dreams. She charged me only one $55 fee even though it was the photographer and his assistant, not a big deal.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if I would be charged if I'm flying my photographer in and she and her husband are staying at the resort. I wouldn't think so since they will technically be guests...what do you ladies think?

Good idea by the way to do a session the day before - however I think my photographer will be there the day before to do pictures as well. Not sure what to do with the Dreams photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but i was wondering if anyone had their reception on the terrace? How was it decorated? Was it really windy? Any pics would be appreciated!

Thanks
I had my receoption on the terrace. You can decorate it how ever you want, my reception decorations were pretty minamal. I got married the same time of month that you are. It was REALLY windy, but the wind didnt bother the reception. The wind is pretty much blocked from getting into the terrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams View Post
I'm getting so frustrated with Cecilia - I have tried to be patient with her lack of communication and I know she is busy but I have to start working on some of my DIY projects that all entail critical information from her. Is anyone else feeling this frustration?
I was feeling your frustration I have been there. I was getting very frustrated with Claudia because it would take forever to get a response and when she finally did I had more questions. It would take weeks at a time. One time she emailed me a form to fill out and then weeks later when I asked where the reciept was or when they were going to take out the deposit for the wedding she said she needed somthing else so I sent that and still no reply. Very frustrating!! It had been 3 to 4 weeks since I sent that info and still no reply even after I emailed her 3 weeks ago to see if she got the info and when the deposit would be taken out no reply!!!!!! So I know how it is very frustrating to communicate with them. I am praying that when my wedding is in Febuary that everything will go smoothly. Anyone else had a problem with giving a deposithuh.gif? Fine I guess you don't want my money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandDex View Post
I was feeling your frustration I have been there. I was getting very frustrated with Claudia because it would take forever to get a response and when she finally did I had more questions. It would take weeks at a time. One time she emailed me a form to fill out and then weeks later when I asked where the reciept was or when they were going to take out the deposit for the wedding she said she needed somthing else so I sent that and still no reply. Very frustrating!! It had been 3 to 4 weeks since I sent that info and still no reply even after I emailed her 3 weeks ago to see if she got the info and when the deposit would be taken out no reply!!!!!! So I know how it is very frustrating to communicate with them. I am praying that when my wedding is in Febuary that everything will go smoothly. Anyone else had a problem with giving a deposithuh.gif? Fine I guess you don't want my money!
Ladies.... I know it can be very frustrating, but I PROMISE you that everything will be fine. YES, it does take weeks for responses, and it annoying- but when you get there, you will see how together everything is. THey keep all of your emails together and basically you can make ANY changes you need to when you get there. We met w. Cecilia when we got there and did pretty much everything there. I stressed for months prior and worried for nothing.

hi ladies I searched the thread and found some info on the vows, but I had another question. Did any of the recent brides use the symbolic vows given by Dreams or did you write your own? If you did write your own, how did it go, i.e. could you understand what was said, did it seem like the person was just reading a script or did they practice it?

Do you think it's better to hire an outside person for this?

Thanks ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but i was wondering if anyone had their reception on the terrace? How was it decorated? Was it really windy? Any pics would be appreciated!

Thanks
We had our reception on the terrace.... they can decorate it however you want but we kept ours very simple. We had our chairbows that we brought ourselves and the centerpieces. We had a long table because we only had 14 guests and we sat at the center. I loved this site.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan View Post
Ladies.... I know it can be very frustrating, but I PROMISE you that everything will be fine. YES, it does take weeks for responses, and it annoying- but when you get there, you will see how together everything is. THey keep all of your emails together and basically you can make ANY changes you need to when you get there. We met w. Cecilia when we got there and did pretty much everything there. I stressed for months prior and worried for nothing.
I am thankful for the words of encouragment! I am hoping that it all goes as smooth as your day and that I will feel the way you felt when you said that you worried for nothing. The thing is that they should tell you these things in the beginning so you don't stress about it for months. Thanks for the info and like I said I am hoping all these thought's are just for nothing.