Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee1811 View Post
The wedding coordinator told me as long as our photographer stays for 3 nights, then we do not have to pay the outside vendor fee. After doing cost comparison, this was the best option for us to get quality pictures at the best price!

Is anyone else doing the Pearl Package? I looked at all three package options, and we decided to go with the Pearl Package and then build it up from there.
I'm doing the Pearl package, mostly because the main difference I found between the Pearl and the Silver is the dinner for 40 people. I have 59 people that have paid deposits so far so the dinner that's included won't work for me. I'm having a private reception and a cocktail party and so far both of those still don't add up to price I would've paid for the Silver Package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Hi & Welcome!

The Banquet kit can be found on the Karisma website here:

http://www.karismahotels.com/sites/d...KIT%202009.pdf

If you want to do a private reception, I'd try to get a Free wedding package (if avail at AS) and pay for things as you go. I think it works out cheaper than getting the Gold package and things you might not want (massage lesson for 2 - I defo didn't want).

I heard from someone else that DWs has flooded the Karisma ppl with bookings recently so response time has been SLOW. Do a search for wedding reviews and see what other brides have said on this site.

I have looked around on all the other forums in Riviera Maya and it seems everyone gets nickled and dimed at all of the hotels - so like Katie said, you need to be prepared anywhere you go (unless you will just go with basic package for everything without upgrades).

Good luck!!

You can't get the Free Wedding Package at AS. The cheapest is the Pearl Package. I think if you're planning on having more than 40 people come it would probably be more cost efficient to get the Pearl Package and then build up from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
bridal shower in 3 days!! yeay! im so excited, and stressed at the same time. I need to go shopping, that always helps reduce my stress lol :)
Meeee tooo!!! Retail therapy is my favorite and most relaxing form of relieving stress... that and baking :) oh oh and working out, being to tired for stress always works, LOL!

Quote:
Danie - Claudia is expensive ($3k for 5 hours, $4.5k for 8 hrs plus $500 vendor fee), but if you really want her, ask your TA to call Karisma and ask them to accommodate you. Also call your WC and her boss, and everyone else you can talk to. They might allow it. I got her on a error technicality for my May wedding - Tiff got approval from her boss. So, try try try!

Yeah, that is kind of expensive but if you want really nice pictures, I guess you have to pay for them. But I think I'm more irritated by the fact that they only allow two photographers on the premises now. So even if I found someone I liked better than Caribe and Matias Cano I'd have to book them for three nights as a guest in order to have them at the wedding. That's ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
Yeah, that is kind of expensive but if you want really nice pictures, I guess you have to pay for them. But I think I'm more irritated by the fact that they only allow two photographers on the premises now. So even if I found someone I liked better than Caribe and Matias Cano I'd have to book them for three nights as a guest in order to have them at the wedding. That's ridiculous!
totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by avong1228 View Post
I am newly engaged and my FI and I are considering a DW and Azul and Paradisus are on our list. Any information you can provide would be helpful. I've emailed them but have not gotten any information yet. We think we would do the gold package. Any info on the menu options? Ceremony location pictures? If we have above 40 what the cost is? Photographer recommendations and cost? Has the Ipod option worked well and if so do I need to rent speakers? Welcome dinner or reception costs/locations? So many questions!
Congrats and welcome!!

Katie is right, there is SO much info on this thread I'd take the time to scan through (I know it's a lot) but there are so many reviews, ideas, suggestions, pictures it would be worth it.

Also, I wouldn't suggest a package. It does give you some unnecessary items, I'm building my own and it works better as I get exactly what I want.

Also, none of us want to freak you out but I think I speak for most of us when I say that a DW isn't easier than a local wedding by any means. It would ease your mind to do a site visit but I don't think of us active girls on this thread have done so (saves $) and it's a bit nerve wracking.

Also, most of us will be needing to bring down decor, flowers and odds and ends due to the resort being overpriced for what we wanted or just not what we wanted etc. This goes for pretty much all resorts in Mexico and surrounding areas... the longer you stay on this forum the more of a commonality and pattern you'll notice.

DW's are tricky and it does force you to get creative. I am bringing a photographer and a DJ with me & one of my bridesmaids owns a salon and will do my hair and makeup which is pricey but I can't take the risk.

So just be prepared for a bit more work leading up to the wedding, once you're there the coordinators onsite I've heard are amazing and really take care of you, it's the prep stuff that can get overwhelming sometimes.

The good news is, this forum will be your saving grace and all these girls are so lovely and helpful, I don't know what I'd do without them!

Good luck to you, I hope we can help you out smile03.gif

Quote:
Damn I was a Finance major too and I still can't handle creating and updating a budget. You girls are good!

Has anyone gotten the sample ceremonys from Tiffany yet? I want to start looking into this now. Is that too early?
No, it's not too early, I was thinking about this last night!

I didn't even know they provided sample ceremonies! There is a thread on here where people share their ceremony scripts and some are really good.

Quote:
Oh Amy, post the bird cake topper! I still dont know what I am going to top my cake (oops our cake) with.

So, today I changed my first dance song. I wanted to do "When you say Nothing at All" by Alison Krause but then someone kinda made fun of it and I started second guessing myself. So typical. Anyways, I decided it might be more fun to do "Is This Love" by Bob Marley.

So of course I emailed FI and asked what he thought and he said: "Yeah thats good. Or I'm cool with No Woman No Cry too. Whatever."

hahahahhah This is why I am marrying him! So funny!
Aww, Amy I hate it when people do that!

It seems like people don't really like my ceremony music that much either and friends are not for my first dance song.

The problem with music is that everyone has different music tastes so you can't 100% listen to them, I say as long as the song really suits you and FI, that's all that matters :)

Needless to say I'm still up in the air about my first dance song due to it's unpopularity :)

HAHA, that's great, "No Woman, No Cry" would be hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
You can't get the Free Wedding Package at AS. The cheapest is the Pearl Package. I think if you're planning on having more than 40 people come it would probably be more cost efficient to get the Pearl Package and then build up from there.
yeah, thats the best way. I got the pearl package. But trust they will get money from you one way or another....
I have 30 ppl coming and were having a private reception, but no because we want to because were being forced to.