April 2010 brides - get fit!

echo2_62

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
tracy if you come out here it would have to be an arm workout - the kind you get from lifting a glass repeatedly :) And I bet we could hoop Suzy into a get-together as well, so long as it isn't within the next month while she's gone. But I'm up for it whenever!
lol!!! so true.. yeah we def need to have suzy..
I'm thinking after the holiday's when Mike has another huge project to work on, he'll be so busy he'll hardly miss me! It'll be allot of fun!!! I'll keep you posted on that one.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been pretty quiet. How is everyone doing with their work out?! does anyone find life is just taking over and it seems harder and harder to find time and motivation to work out? Personally it's been 5 weeks since I started working out and I see no results, which is very disappointing, but I'll keep at it though I didn't work out tonight lol sad.gif

Tracy - I started the 30 Day Shred dvd that I mentioned last week. It's short and sweet and you can feel that you got a workout in despite the short time. Stupid me though also slipped and fell down the stairs last weekend and hurt my upper back pretty good so I've had to drop the workouts for the remainder of the week. BUT, things are feeling better again so I'll probably be back at it tonight. I plan to do it every single night this month (as long as no more stair incidents occur LOL!).

We also just bought a scale at Costco yesterday. You can program your height, weight, age, sex etc into it so that it can calculate your body composition and a few other things to help you keep track of where you're at. I don't know entirely how accurate it will be, but I figure that even if it's high or low to start I will at least have a starting point and will still see it change eventually. I've always been hesitant about having a scale at home so as not to become obsessive but since FI and I are both becoming a little more weight/health conscious I figured it was a good time.

Tracy - maybe something like my scale would work for you so that even if you're not seeing results on the outside, it might help indicate any results from the inside? It was only about $50 and from costco as I mentioned. They've got a fancier and slightly more expensive one on the costco website too... maybe $80 for that and you can program up to four people I think (which I'm not sure if mine does multiple people now that I think about it!).

Just keep at your workouts and make sure that you are always challenging yourself. If you can always do a workout with just minimal discomfort then your body isn't being challenged and won't change as quickly. Also, remember to vary your routine if you can so that your muscles don't get used to the same thing all the time!

Mel - you said that you're up in Northern Canada somewhere right?! LOL! I want to say either northern Alberta or the NWT... not sure why though. ANYWAYS, the reason I bring it up is because I was wondering if you're in an area like Calgary that has rapid changes from high to low (or low to high) pressures, like chinooks. I know a lot of people here are affected by them so I was curious if that was an issue for you as well. I tend to get them going from high to low pressure while most people are the opposite it seems!

Hope you're doing better this week anyhow and like I said before, just try to include some variation in your workouts to keep your body from getting used to the same things. Keep at it!

Tell me about the migraines, I've had one for 7 days straight, going to bed with them, waking up with me. I just want to cry!!! plus it's the lovely time of the month, and I have endometriosis so it makes it even worse (not sure any of you know or heard of it)

But because I also have crohn's there isn't much for me to take, so I suffer and not much work out and the time.

Hope your feeling better!!!! I would never wish migraines on even my worse enemy.

Meghan,

I am sooo sorry to hear you hurt yourself!!!how are you feeling now? I admit I do stupid things like that too, I just say lucky me for not living in a house now, I'd probably would have a broken leg and arm from just having to use the stairs all the time lol

How are you liking the video? I try to find it btw but couldn't sad.gif and forgot to mention so sorry. You got yours at chapter's? couldn't find it there.. maybe I can order it from their website.

OOOHHHH I like the sound of the scale very much!!!! I will def check into that. But I read somewhere not to weight yourself often, you can be getting in shape and not lose weight. But your scale sounds more for what I need since I am not trying to lose weight as suppose to gaining shape. Thanks for sharing!!

Work out's have been hard since I've had the migraine since Saturday but hopefully I can get back to it a.s.a.p.

Really hope your feeling better

Quote:
Mel - you said that you're up in Northern Canada somewhere right?! LOL! I want to say either northern Alberta or the NWT... not sure why though. ANYWAYS, the reason I bring it up is because I was wondering if you're in an area like Calgary that has rapid changes from high to low (or low to high) pressures, like chinooks. I know a lot of people here are affected by them so I was curious if that was an issue for you as well. I tend to get them going from high to low pressure while most people are the opposite it seems!

Hope you're doing better this week anyhow and like I said before, just try to include some variation in your workouts to keep your body from getting used to the same things. Keep at it!
I'm in the NWT- in Inuvik actually. There aren't chinooks here like in Alberta but there are rapid changes in pressure and that's exactly what happened to me last week. I get them when it changes from high to low pressue too- weird! It was a rough week, to be sure, but I'm feeling much better this week thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Tell me about the migraines, I've had one for 7 days straight, going to bed with them, waking up with me. I just want to cry!!! plus it's the lovely time of the month, and I have endometriosis so it makes it even worse (not sure any of you know or heard of it)
But because I also have crohn's there isn't much for me to take, so I suffer and not much work out and the time.
Hope your feeling better!!!! I would never wish migraines on even my worse enemy.
Yep- feeling much better this week and I'm with you on migranes being a special form of torture. I had the same thing as you it seems- waking up and going to bed with the migranes- brutal. I have a friend who has endometriosis so I know a bit about it and I've heard it can be pretty painful at times. Sorry to hear about that, it sounds like it's no picnic.

I hope both of you guys are feeling better! I've been doing well with working out this week so far- FI and I are doing some minor (ha-is there such a thing?) renovations around the house and it's taking up some of my time but so far I'm still getting in some workouts.

Here's to a better week for all of us!muscle.gif

Mel - good to hear that you're doing better with the migraines now! Yuck I totally know how you feel sad.gif Damn pressure changes!

What renos are you doing at home? We're in the midst of some ourselves and it always seems to take SO long to get anything accomplished. Right now we're refinishing the bathroom in our basement because the guy who built it in before was an idiot and built it completely not to code. When you sat down on the toilet, your knees hit the wall in front of you...

Anyways, totally off topic with that one... BUT thanks for the concern Tracy and Yes I am doing better after my stupid fall down the stairs the other week! I got out snowboarding the other day too and wasn't sore in my legs at all which was a great feeling. So this week, it will be back to my workout dvd's for attempt #2 and my 30-day workout. Even FI has said that he needs to get back into a routine so maybe the two of us can do it. Maybe.

Quote:
What renos are you doing at home? We're in the midst of some ourselves and it always seems to take SO long to get anything accomplished. Right now we're refinishing the bathroom in our basement because the guy who built it in before was an idiot and built it completely not to code. When you sat down on the toilet, your knees hit the wall in front of you...
We're just doing cosmetic stuff right now- mainly painting. However, when the previous owners of our house painted a room they would paint the doors, trim, radiators etc... all in really yucky colours (picture a mustard yellow room with matching doors and deep green trim) so it's been taking a while to redo each room. Plus there was some eighties-fabulous wood paneling on some walls that needed to come down and then the walls needed to be refinished... It's all starting to come together finally, though. Everything seems to take so long to do, though.