Carnival Destiny Brides

tricy99

Hello Just in search of a few Destiny Brides. How was your experience with Carnival? Did you get your Marriage license prior to arriving for cruise/wedding? smile29.gifthis is a question for out of towners like myself. If you could change anything about your day what would it be? I have the option for the Aft Lounge and Onyx. I have heard the Onyx is beautiful but according to my WC it is not a good place if you have a videographer because it tends to come out dark. Anyone have any opinion on this? I am so excited and can't wait for this time to hurry up.

Yay you came! You won't be disappointed this site and CC were both so helpful to me while planning. I went through Carnival to get my license so I did all the application stuff through the mail then the planner had it all ready for us at the reception. The WC has a good point about the Onyx being dark but the wedding is very short and not the whole video so I don't think it would ruin the video but if is def something to consider. I think I figured out what they mean by the aft lounge, I think it is part of the Palladium which would also be a nice place to have the ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merocket59 View Post
Yay you came! You won't be disappointed this site and CC were both so helpful to me while planning. I went through Carnival to get my license so I did all the application stuff through the mail then the planner had it all ready for us at the reception. The WC has a good point about the Onyx being dark but the wedding is very short and not the whole video so I don't think it would ruin the video but if is def something to consider. I think I figured out what they mean by the aft lounge, I think it is part of the Palladium which would also be a nice place to have the ceremony.
I Love these sites!!!!!!! They have me addicited! It has answered so many of my questions and my concerns. I would personally like to thank you for being so helpful. I can not wait until my big day so I can help future brides like myself. I called my WC today and she stated that the Aft lounge is the Criteron Lounge (spelling).

Quote:
I would like to thaank you personally, for being so helpful. These sites have helped me so much with all my concerns. I can not wait for my big day so that I can be as helpful to future brides. I found out today that the Aft Longe is the Criteon Lounge.

Quote:
No problem! I am still addicted to these sites even tho I'm already married, it's fun to read other people's stories and remience on mine. So have you decided on which lounge to go with? Let me know when you do :)
No I haven't decided yet, I am still in limbo. The Criterion Lounge (from Pics) look better to me. I really can't see Onyx on most pics. I like the stage in the Criterion and I do not believe Onyx have a stage. I like the seating arrangements better for the ceremony in Criterion. I have heard from another bride that Onyx is nice and I should request that lounge. I am confused...I wish I could view them in person

Hey everyone, another Carnival Destiny bride here! I FINALLY registered with this site after reading so much about it on CC. Yay!!

Tricy99, just out of curiosity, how do you know which rooms you may be having your reception? I haven't called the wedding dep't since I booked and that was long enough ago that I was the first wedding booked for that day. I'm curious where we'll have the reception, the only thing I know is that it won't be in the disco bc we didn't get the DJ and just got the "sound tech equipment".

Erin

Quote:
No problem! I am still addicted to these sites even tho I'm already married, it's fun to read other people's stories and remience on mine. So have you decided on which lounge to go with? Let me know when you do :)
I think I will do the Criterion Lounge, I like the seating better also. My day seem so far away frown.gif