Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine2010 View Post
We am going with Juan Navarro as he is included with the packages and i am not sure i can afford to go with an outside photographer. I am not planning on getting alot of prints so we are getting the 50 prints and album that comes with the package and then paying to have all of the photos on a cd, which we can make prints of at home if we want to. His website is juanphotos.com and is worth checking out.

Are you going with the wedding package at the resort? If you do choose an outside photographer you may be able to get a trade for the photos in your package but I know they have been cutting back on alot of the trades recently.

If photos are really important to you and you have it in your budget, alot of the ladies seem to have gone with an outside photographer, usually claudia rodriquez studios. I am not sure what her website is but they have several phtographers, each with slighty different styles.

On a seperate note, does anyone happen to have a price list of Juan Navarro's packages or atleast info on a TTD session the next day?

I checked out his website and I love his style, plus it is included!! I think the package we chose (ultimate) includes two hours of photography, so we're going to use it because they aren't really doing many exchanges anymore. we're actually doing our TTD at playa del carmen during our honeymoon so I don't know about his rates for that.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
I checked out his website and I love his style, plus it is included!! I think the package we chose (ultimate) includes two hours of photography, so we're going to use it because they aren't really doing many exchanges anymore. we're actually doing our TTD at playa del carmen during our honeymoon so I don't know about his rates for that.
Ooh that is interesting, I never thought about doing the trash the dress shoot during our honeymoon. I will have to look into that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneDay View Post
My fiancé is a photographerâ€s nightmare. He knows all there is to know about cameras, Photoshop and photography. We are going with Pierre Violle because he passed my fiancés artistic style and equipment questioning. I am very excited to use him and most excited about his TTD photo sessions. So far he has been really great to work with. His web sight is Pierre Visual Studio - Wedding Photography- Mayan Riviera- Playa del Carmen - Home - Wedding Photographer
I think I am going to go with Pierre Violle as well. What all packages are you doing with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaychelRae View Post
I think I am going to go with Pierre Violle as well. What all packages are you doing with him?
We have booked the “standard†3 hours coverage for our wedding. We also plan on doing the cenotes underwater 50 photo package with him the week following our wedding but have not paid the deposit to set the date for that. He is the only photographer in our price range that uses great equipment (fish eye lenses and such), has reputable underwater photography equipment, and Photoshopâ€s your photos. He limits the number of sessions he does in a week so that he can touch up your photos and offer a 3 week turn around. He has probably received 20 e-mails from either my fiancé or I and has been nothing but kind and understand with each response. At first I was nervous that he is new to wedding photography in Mexico but I am excited to see his artistic style at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneDay View Post
We have booked the “standard†3 hours coverage for our wedding. We also plan on doing the cenotes underwater 50 photo package with him the week following our wedding but have not paid the deposit to set the date for that. He is the only photographer in our price range that uses great equipment (fish eye lenses and such), has reputable underwater photography equipment, and Photoshopâ€s your photos. He limits the number of sessions he does in a week so that he can touch up your photos and offer a 3 week turn around. He has probably received 20 e-mails from either my fiancé or I and has been nothing but kind and understand with each response. At first I was nervous that he is new to wedding photography in Mexico but I am excited to see his artistic style at work.
That's the packages that I was thinking of going with as well. So when he photoshops your photos, do you know does he do ALL of them?? I've seen that some photog's will only fix a certain number of them, and then the rest of the photos just remain as proofs.

He is one of the photographer's I am actually most comfortable with. I have a couple others "on the line" that I feel uneasy about the way you feel about Pierre. I am having Stefanie from Ajua planners coordinate my wedding and she spoke very highly of Pierre. I also liked the way he broke down his price/information sheet. He included more info than I've seen from many other photographers' price sheets.

You will have to keep me updated on how everything goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine2010 View Post
Ooh that is interesting, I never thought about doing the trash the dress shoot during our honeymoon. I will have to look into that!!
Yeah I think we'll be too tired to worry about pics the next day; plus I want to relax and enjoy being a wife...and our honeymoon beach is amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaychelRae View Post
That's the packages that I was thinking of going with as well. So when he photoshops your photos, do you know does he do ALL of them?? I've seen that some photog's will only fix a certain number of them, and then the rest of the photos just remain as proofs.
!
Below is the information from my contract with Pierre on his standard Photoshop procedures. I had my fiancé explain the reasoning of this to me. He said that Pierre has very good equipment that will take multiple photos every second. So when he takes 150 photos 7 might be taken within the same two seconds and he will only use the one with the best shot (like having your eyes open). I never new this but I guess my fiancé also sets up his camera to take the same photo 3 times in a row with different lighting and then combines them for different effects. I am thinking Pierre also does that. I hope this helps.

" (1) Amount of photographs you get: For any package, I guaranty a minimum number of photos. Anyway, youâ€ll get all the good shoots; I never keep good shoots for me By experience I know that a good professional photographer shoot an average of 30 to 35 good photos (emotions) per hour. During the session I shoot around 150 photos per hour to capture the best moment of each emotion. The post-production consists in selecting and touch up the best photos to give you the most emotional photographs. (2) Personalized design of each photograph (This work is time consuming and explain the delivery time): The contrast, colorimetric balance, light and the image composition are optimized manually with specialized picture software (Nikon Capture NX and Photoshop CS). A digital makeover treatment is added subsequently to eliminate any imperfection in each photograph. " - info from my contract