Dreams Cancun Bride to Be... I think

Hi all,

I just got back from my sister's wedding at Dreams Tulum. It was beautiful and it has inspired me to stay with the Dreams Resorts for my own wedding. I would even consider going back to Dreams Tulum, but the the drive to the airport was around 1 hr and 40 minutes (we did not stop at all either). Also, I was not crazy about the wedding coordinator, Sandra, at Dreams Tulum. I didn't think she was as attentive to my sister as she should have been. That being said, I still liked the casualness of the resort while still being beautiful.

When I saw the pics of the wedding gazebo at Dreams Cancun I knew that this was where I wanted to get married. My only problem is that we are going to get married March 15th in the height of Spring Break! Can anyone tell me if they have visited Dreams during this time? I stayed at the Marriott Casamagna a few years ago in March and it was completely unaffected by spring breakers, but that was the Marriott. Any info would be great!

I'm happy to see that there are so many Dreams brides here! I spent the whole evening reading everyone's posts! If anyone has any question about Dreams Tulum I will be happy to answer questions and send you pics.

Thanks,

K

Hi K

I am a dreams cancun bride too!

I don't know for sure, but I think because dreams is more family oriented I don't think it tends to have as many spring breakers. I feel like I read something about that somewhere, but I'm not positive.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with!

I am a Dream Cancun bride too (a week before Jilly)!!! We were there last October and saw a wedding...it was gorgeous. The gazebo area is even more beautiful in person than it is in pictures. And it is very close to the airport (maybe a 15 min. ride at the most). It obviously wasn't spring break time when we were there, but if I had to take a guess, I wouldn't think you'd find too many spring breakers at Dreams. Being a more expensive, all-inclusive, I wouldn't think it would be a place college kids would flock too I'm sure you'll see them everywhere at the airports, and if you ventured out at all, but I'd bet you'd be pretty safe at the resort. Dreams is not downtown or in the hotel "strip", it's at the "elbow"/"point" (which makes for an ideal location with water surrounding the resort on three sides). Plus, the resorts on either side of Dreams are very upscale, and I don't think there would be spring breakers there either. Now that I think about it, I think Dreams might actually have a policy saying that they don't accept spring breakers...hmmm.

Hi,

I'm not a Dreams Cancun bride, but I did get married in March at Moon Palace and a few of our friends stayed at Dreams. I was there until March 9 and didn't see Spring Breakers until we were about to leave (not at Dreams, but out and about). I think you will be ok there. Dreams seemed to be more couple oriented with some children too, but not college kids.

It's alot of Dreams brides here that could give you more information. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Paula, I emailed the wedding coordinator yesterday regarding my date, but I have not heard back from her. Does anyone have an email address directly to her?
It's just the email on the Dreams website. Her name is Claudia and she does take quite some time to respond. She has taken over 2 weeks to respond to some of my questions once we got our date reserved, (see the link I sent you earlier). She will respond though ~ she is very nice.

You can get your date reserved and work on getting all the items on your contract together... I think that takes some time. I don't have mine finalized.

I hope you get your date Karen!