Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT1985 View Post
That's great! Any chance I can get you to post some super close pictures of the detail on your dress?
Sure. Here:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll post pics of the back on Thursday - my friends are coming over to see it :)

Quote:
And did you try on dresses in a store first? How does the quality compare? I'd just rather stick with Landy if there's going to be a huge difference. If not, i'm totally about saving some more money!!
I honestly think that it is great quality. I definitely think that it hangs nicer than a lot of comparable dresses I tried on in stores ( I did do that as well) It doesn't look cheap, and it doesn't have poor stitching or anything. I've seen clothing in stores that is not as well made, so I'm completely comfortable with the quality of the dress.

I can really only say about this style of dress, though. You might get a different quality with a giant poofy dress with pickups and crinoline or lace or something - but this is really simple. Its just bridal satin with a chiffon overlay, and then the beading.

Quote:
So I saw another bride on here ordered a dress from eBay Store - jin.dress88: Is there anybody else who has? They quoted me $164 to make my dress whereas landy bridal quoted $420 with shipping. If I could get my dress for $164 I would be ECSTATIC!!! But I'm also slightly apprehensive. But how much better could the landy bridal dress really behuh.gif? Her's looked like it was really good quality...
Unfortunatley, I had a bad experience with JINDRESS. The dress I posted a few pages back I requested them to make it. For $150 i thought, what a steal.
I had emailed them the same picture, requesting the neckline to be changed.
I have to say it came super quick (2 weeks) but it didn't even fit and they had given me a laceup when I had asked for a zipper. They said I can send it back, but I would have to pay freight both ways (Maybe about 300) there and back. If only, I had spent the extra $80 with LANDY in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Princess View Post
Unfortunatley, I had a bad experience with JINDRESS. The dress I posted a few pages back I requested them to make it. For $150 i thought, what a steal.
I had emailed them the same picture, requesting the neckline to be changed.
I have to say it came super quick (2 weeks) but it didn't even fit and they had given me a laceup when I had asked for a zipper. They said I can send it back, but I would have to pay freight both ways (Maybe about 300) there and back. If only, I had spent the extra $80 with LANDY in the first place!
Woops, also forgot to mentioned my requested neckline was not met. It was still straight sad.gif

Ok so for months I have been looking for "the dress". Unfortunately every dress I really like is WAY out of my budget. So i have decided that getting a knockoff dress may be the way to go for me. The designers I like are Mikaella and Alvina Valenta. Do you guys know any knockoff websites that has these designers or would be willing to do custom...also, who do you recommend? It really makes me nervous to trust someone this much, but I am all out of other options!

courtney - You've got good taste girl! It came down to 3 dresses for me and the other two my dress contended with was a Mikaella & Alvina Vallenta!

The ONLY knock of Chinese dress site I thought of that has both is Buyer100

BUT I have never been able to find supportive reviews and I myself am too scared to buy from them so sorry if this isn't at all helpful but it's the only website I've found which has the most designer names... good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
courtney - You've got good taste girl! It came down to 3 dresses for me and the other two my dress contended with was a Mikaella & Alvina Vallenta!

The ONLY knock of Chinese dress site I thought of that has both is Buyer100
BUT I have never been able to find supportive reviews and I myself am too scared to buy from them so sorry if this isn't at all helpful but it's the only website I've found which has the most designer names... good luck!
Lol yeah, good EXPENSIVE taste sad.gif I hate it haha. So you haven't bought your dress yet? I found that website also and I found two dresses I like on there. I posted a comment asking to see pictures of "their" dresses and they haven't gotten back to me yet, so I'm thinking maybe they are no good...or just really busy. Not sure, but let me know if you find any others. I'll keep searching too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney_b00 View Post
Ok so for months I have been looking for "the dress". Unfortunately every dress I really like is WAY out of my budget. So i have decided that getting a knockoff dress may be the way to go for me. The designers I like are Mikaella and Alvina Valenta. Do you guys know any knockoff websites that has these designers or would be willing to do custom...also, who do you recommend? It really makes me nervous to trust someone this much, but I am all out of other options!
Hey Courtney, I totally recommend Gianinarbridal from ebay. You can email them directly. I got my dress custom made from them and was not expecting good results. In fact, I had a backup dress just in case. But when the dress arrived in the mail, it was amazing! I put it on and went screaming around the house bc it was exactly what I wanted. I think the cost was $200ish including shipping. There was a lot of beading and details that I didn't think they'd be able to do well, but it turned out beautiful. I just sent them a few pictures and they put the dress together for me, then sent me a picture of the final dress. I asked for the bottom to be taken in to give a more mermaid cut... they did that and then mailed it. The whole process took about 2 months.