Canadian Websites - OOT Bag Goodies, Invites and More

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trista - the starfish I really like is the one you posted at weddingandbridaljewellery.com Did you end up ordering from them? I'm just wondering how much they charge to ship to Canada.

As a random rant - do you know what really bothers me? When I'm charged insane amounts for shipping yet when the item arrives I can see exactly what was paid for shipping and that amount was totally reasonable. Why do sellers get away with thathuh.gif Just had to rant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
Trista - the starfish I really like is the one you posted at weddingandbridaljewellery.com Did you end up ordering from them? I'm just wondering how much they charge to ship to Canada.

As a random rant - do you know what really bothers me? When I'm charged insane amounts for shipping yet when the item arrives I can see exactly what was paid for shipping and that amount was totally reasonable. Why do sellers get away with thathuh.gif Just had to rant...
I agree with you totally on that one. I have seen that so many times and it really makes me mad. They are already making money off the item, to be stingy and make more money on shipping is not right. I bought something off Ebay once and I contacted the seller when it got to me and she actually gave me a credit for it. Surprising. I think if you say that you are going to give them a bad review for the incident, they will do anything to not get that review. So, try that next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
Shelley:
No I did not order them through the above link I posted as I was not aware of what their shipping costs were when I tired to contact them...so I worried about customer service so I actually ordered my 3-piece starfish through the lady you recommended on ebay..I also ordered some flip flops so my order for shipping was $26.50..

Take note that, all the items on her page come from all different manufacturers so she is unable to give you one shipping charge, so lets take for instance, silk rose petals, I wanted to order those too for $9.99 but shipping for that item was $19.95 and I said "forget that" and just ordered my starfish and flip flips for the one flat rate..

When you posted that she had a flat rate of $10.00 that was only for favors but anything else you order with it, even if you included favors, would of EACH had a seperate shipping charge..

Anyway, I am glad I got 3 starfish so I can add two in my bouquet (which I finished this weekend) and also one for a pin as mentioned before..I will let you know once it arrives..

Trista

Trista - I'd recommend talking to Karen (the seller) b/c after I placed my order (which was only favors) and paid the $10 flat shipping rate I got an e-mail from Karen saying thanks for your order and that I could add anything else from her store on for no additional shipping.

As for the weddingandbridaljewellery store, they are yet to get back to me either. Good call about being concerned about the customer service. If they won't even get back to me I'd be worried they'd actually ship it ASAP like I'll need to be able to get it in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay girls I am in a bit of a bind now, the girl Shelley recommended off Ebay, has just advised me that she no longer can supply me with the starfish jewels I ordered and even though she waits 2 l-o-o-o-n-g weeks to tell me AFTER I order, I am running out of time..All the sites mentioned on this post, I have contacted and have yet to hear anything..I leave in a little over 5 weeks and I for sure need my starfish..

As I mentioned earlier, because I am having such a hard time finding a pin or brooch, I had decided to order a jewel and glue it to a pin and wear in on my dress..

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, I am in a bind now~

Yikes! I'm probably no help. I searched everywhere for a good starfish seller, and found ONE that was in the U.S. that'd ship to Canada. Shipping costs killed me though, I paid over $100 in shipping fees, $50 of which was a complete surprise to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista View Post
Well I am desperate as I need a starfish for my dress! UGH....A few vendors from Ebay said they would ship it to me but again, it costs $28 for product and $50 for shipping, YIKES...
Trista, I am going to China Town on Saturday, and hitting a few bridal shops in Toronto. If I find one, do you want me to get it for you? Where do you live? Do you have any specific colour requirements? You want a pin right? Or just any jeweled starfish.