Quote:
Originally Posted by nschacht View Post
How did you find D.J. Mannia- I do not have one yet but I was unclear if the Barcelo has some you pick fromor you find one on your own?

If the Barcelo has one does he have a good rep?

Also have you decided or confirmed the location for your reception or ceremony?

what are you doing for make-up, hair and nails ? If you are using the resort are you making appts soon since there will be 3 bridal parties there maybe more that day?

What are your colors?

LOL- I have so many questions! sorry !

One more question sorry- Do you have pics of flowers or centerpieces avaliable from Barcelo.
Thanks for the help
Nichole
I found Mannia on this website. I read the thread about him and heard nothing but good things. I visited his website and contacted him for a quote. He got back to me right away. You should visit the site because they have several DJ's that work for Mannia, so they could still do yours as well! His ad is always 2nd from the top on the right sidebar of this forum.

I have both my ceremony and reception location confirmed. You will be allowed to confirm both once your wedding date is confirmed (WC has your travel itinerary from your travel agent).

My MOH is a hairstylist so she will help with my hair and one of my friends is a MAC makeup artist so she will be doing my makeup. The resort offers it at the spa. If you and MOBride09 really wanted to, I'm sure I could ask my friend if she would be interested in being hired to do your makeup! She's awesome. I'm sure for a fee she would do it.

My nails I will probably have done at the spa.

My colors are Navy Blue, Yellow, and white.
I'm bringing my own centerpieces and flowers but the resort has a HUGE book of flowers from you to choose from and you can mix and match whatever. Flowers is something you can pick out the day you arrive during your meeting with your WC, so don't stress over it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post
Is the hourly charge for electricity the only thing the Barcelo charges for using an outside DJ, since they have their no outside vendors policy, or do you also have to have them stay at the resort?
Nope, it's the only fee. Like I said you would be much smarter to see if your DJ has an electricity generator for rent. It's cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MObride09 View Post
Hi there! For now, we reserved the French Restaurant for our reception, Victoria said it will not be totally private, but we aren't terribly concerned about that. We aren't planning on a huge DJ type reception so that was fine for us to have a nice dinner with all our guests for the time allowed. If we want to dance we'll go to the nightclub at the resort that night. It's kind of a cheesy place but it was fun the last time we were there :)We are planning on a private catamaran sail the next day with guests so that will be more of our party/nontraditional reception. If we change our minds and use the banquet room for a reception (we are going with the Mint package as we didn't want to be outside for dinner) then we will use the Ipod for music. I do have examples of flowers for bouquets but nothing on centerpieces, send me your email and I'll forward them to youcheers.gif
We are having the ceremony at the Gazebo and I'm using a black and ivory floral-damask type print as the base color for my wedding and accenting with lime green, watermelon and a purply-magenta type color. If you've looked at Wedding Paper Divas, the Brilliant Blooms invitation is the one we chose and is the color scheme for the wedding. (One of the reasons we chose the French Restaurant, because the decor is our wedding theme/colors!!! )
Fortunately, my sister is a hair stylist and she will be doing our hair for the ceremony. I've spoken with Adrian(makeup artist from the area) about doing my makeup for the day. If you've seen eblum999's pics, he is the artist who did her makeup! I'm leaning towards hiring this done simply because I want it to last for pics and in the price, he includes individual false lashes which really look great in photos.
What about youhuh.gif?? When are you arriving? What are your colors and reception/wedding location? Sorry for all the questions, it's just exciting to think we'll all be there at the same time!!!
Hi
Thank you for answering all my questions. The french restaurant is so nice. We are having over 60 people and we wanted dancing so that want an option. The private catamaran will be so nice.
We want to confirm the spoy on top of hill looking over the ocean for our ceremony, its a hard sand area, in front of the palace.
We are also using a damask type theme brown and pool color:)
We are thinking about an open air restaurant for the reception but I am having a hard time getting pictures. If you have any that would be great.
Maybe we could coordinate and hire (makeup artist from the area) maybe hell give us a discount if we book two wedding parties through him? What is his contact information I can contact him. My email is nsschacht@gmail.com, can you forword me any pictures you have.
Thank you and it was nice talking with you.
Nichole

Nichole- I just sent you pics of the Palmeras grill and pool set ups that Claudia sent me.

-Steph

Quote:
Hi

Thank you for answering all my questions. The french restaurant is so nice. We are having over 60 people and we wanted dancing so that want an option. The private catamaran will be so nice.

We want to confirm the spoy on top of hill looking over the ocean for our ceremony, its a hard sand area, in front of the palace.

We are also using a damask type theme brown and pool color:)

We are thinking about an open air restaurant for the reception but I am having a hard time getting pictures. If you have any that would be great.

Maybe we could coordinate and hire (makeup artist from the area) maybe hell give us a discount if we book two wedding parties through him? What is his contact information I can contact him. My email is nsschacht@gmail.com, can you forword me any pictures you have.

Thank you and it was nice talking with you.

Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
I found Mannia on this website. I read the thread about him and heard nothing but good things. I visited his website and contacted him for a quote. He got back to me right away. You should visit the site because they have several DJ's that work for Mannia, so they could still do yours as well! His ad is always 2nd from the top on the right sidebar of this forum.

I have both my ceremony and reception location confirmed. You will be allowed to confirm both once your wedding date is confirmed (WC has your travel itinerary from your travel agent).

My MOH is a hairstylist so she will help with my hair and one of my friends is a MAC makeup artist so she will be doing my makeup. The resort offers it at the spa. If you and MOBride09 really wanted to, I'm sure I could ask my friend if she would be interested in being hired to do your makeup! She's awesome. I'm sure for a fee she would do it.

My nails I will probably have done at the spa.

My colors are Navy Blue, Yellow, and white.
I'm bringing my own centerpieces and flowers but the resort has a HUGE book of flowers from you to choose from and you can mix and match whatever. Flowers is something you can pick out the day you arrive during your meeting with your WC, so don't stress over it now.

Nope, it's the only fee. Like I said you would be much smarter to see if your DJ has an electricity generator for rent. It's cheaper.
Wow
Thank you you for answering all questions- where is your recpetion? If its confirmed I dont want to ask the wedding planner for somthing thats not avaliable. We are looking at open air restaurants because we have over 65 people.
Ill get back to you on the make up but if you could ask her and then email me the price I could talk it over with my fiance. I have booked and confirmed the cermony location which will be on the beach. My colors are pool and brown, I wanted yellow flowers. How are you bringing your own centerpieces? Are you shipping? I heard customs can be a pain when bringing things?
Please email me any pics you may have ... I love looking at bridal pics and ideas.
my email is nsschacht@gmail.com
Thank you

Quote:
Wow
Thank you you for answering all questions- where is your recpetion? If its confirmed I dont want to ask the wedding planner for somthing thats not avaliable. We are looking at open air restaurants because we have over 65 people.
Ill get back to you on the make up but if you could ask her and then email me the price I could talk it over with my fiance. I have booked and confirmed the cermony location which will be on the beach. My colors are pool and brown, I wanted yellow flowers. How are you bringing your own centerpieces? Are you shipping? I heard customs can be a pain when bringing things?
Please email me any pics you may have ... I love looking at bridal pics and ideas.
my email is nsschacht@gmail.com
Thank you
I am going to bring down the centerpieces in suitcases. Even if I pay $25 per suitcase to get them down there it's still cheaper than shipping it down there I would assume, plus I have to bring it all back, so why wouldn't I just put it in suitcases??!! Ya, customs can be a pain, but I've heard that if you bring receipts and put a note in your suitcases that it's for your wedding, they are usually cool about it. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!

I mentioned the makeup thing to my friend, but she said she wants to be totally focused on me that day! I wonder if Adrian could do you both that day thoughhuh.gif?

I do know the following is taken for our day: Mariachi Grill, Palmeras Grill, French restaurant. I think the poolside is still available and possibly some other grills as well. I'd ask your WC about it.