We picked the Barcelo because we love the resort. We stand by that decision as I have said in all previous posts.

My point is just that they will keep changing prices and making add-ons if everyone just takes it. I have not seen the PDF everyone is talking about, I am just talking from personal exp about which locations you are allowed to use for the reception, the electricty fee, etc.

We love the resort and are excited to get married there. That doesnt mean though when we are bringing in 100 people we should just grin and bear it every time a rule or a price changes.

I am sure if we were having a much smaller wedding some of these things would probably annoy me less...but for such a large wedding

But at the same point they do so many weddings a day...I think up to 6, so I am not really sure if it is a big deal to them if they change things??

I agree that we have all chosen this hotel for a reason. And I don't mind paying more than at other hotels. However, I'm concerned because it seems like they randomly raise prices. There are no contracts, so how can you be sure you will pay what you were quoted since "prices are subject to change"? Usually when prices, options, etc. are published for the year, they won't change be changed a month later...no?

I agree, My concern is that I have set a budget based on the quote that I orignally recieved. I think it is unfair for them to raise the prices and not add more to the package to justify it. There needs to be a line drawn somewhere! I know I will not regret my decision to get married here however its adding to my stress level when they raise the prices for no reason. I sure hope my $3080 is quaranteed because I chose this package with some careful planning behind it and it took me a long time to concince my FI that this was cheap in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudou33 View Post
I know everything is so expensive!
I just received the price for the packages 2010 from Gabriela and the Strawberry package is now 3380$ instead of 3000$ !! Plus I want a catholic ceremony, so I dont know if that will add other fees.

Boudou33- did you write back to Gabriela to confirm this was indeed the price for 2010? Maybe she made a mistake in her email since we had all been quoted 3080$...she may have added a '3' in there in error...??

I, as well, will be printing off every quote and promise I received and bringing it with me. I think they have a policy of charging what they want because most people don't argue! I was complaining about the pricing of the cocktail hour being ridiculous in an email to another BDW poster and found out that she complained a little and her travel agent was able to negotiate a free cocktail hour with apps for free! Now, she had 60 ppl coming, but if she had never asked, she would have just paid!

It's one thing to know about the price and then complain. It's a complete different story to have the pricing raised on us without us knowing. I hope that's not the case this time.

I've decided against the cocktail hour, OOT bags and I'm making my own centerpieces. I think I'm going to make my own bouts too. I'm not going to spend a boatload of money on things most people will overlook. I know I will be glad I did in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
I, as well, will be printing off every quote and promise I received and bringing it with me. I think they have a policy of charging what they want because most people don't argue! I was complaining about the pricing of the cocktail hour being ridiculous in an email to another BDW poster and found out that she complained a little and her travel agent was able to negotiate a free cocktail hour with apps for free! Now, she had 60 ppl coming, but if she had never asked, she would have just paid!
It's one thing to know about the price and then complain. It's a complete different story to have the pricing raised on us without us knowing. I hope that's not the case this time.
I've decided against the cocktail hour, OOT bags and I'm making my own centerpieces. I think I'm going to make my own bouts too. I'm not going to spend a boatload of money on things most people will overlook. I know I will be glad I did in the end.
Hey girl!! I hear ya! We decided against the cocktail hour too. Still planning on a welcome/rehearsal dinner, but I think we might just have that in the buffet. I've asked about pricing for lounge furniture and appetizers to have a welcome dinner on the beach but have not received any responses, despite asking for this info x 2. Oh, BTW I received an email from another gal having her wedding on our day! She's at the Gazebo too! I don't know what time, but I hope those WC's can turn around a site quickly with 3 brides all getting married at the Gazebo that day. I'm sure we all have different colors and ideas for our set up ya knowwoot.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by joie1987 View Post
Ok so if you choose to not do a cocktail hour (which I am not) what exactly do your guests do during that time before dinner while you and the hubby are taking pictures?? do they still keep the guests entertained in some sort of way? does anyone know??
smile78.gif
I'm sure some of our guests will return to their rooms to freshen up while others, I already know plan on going to the bar at the Palace. Drinks are "free" here..all inclusive.:)

Question about the cocktail hour - our ceremony is at 5pm and our cocktail hour is at 6pm. We are doing photos with the bridal party and parents after the ceremony so it is likely that we won't be at the cocktail hour (ten of us).

For the cocktail hour, do we pay for everyone at the wedding, or only those that attend? We are only having about 25 people total, so if 10 of us don't go to the cocktail hour, it's a HUGE difference in price.. I don't want to have to pay for 25 people when only 15 will be enjoying it.. .