December 2009 Brides!

59 days until we leave and 61 days until we are married - can I get a WOOT WOOT?

Today we are ring shopping for FI and we HAVE to find his shoes and belt. Also on our MUST DO TODAY list is apply for passports (I know, we are way late in doing this!), fax our birth certificates and DL to the resort so they can get our marriage liscense paperwork started, and fax our photographer contract. The only other item on our to do lists are get my dress hemmed and FI suit jacket altered.

Whew ... I think that is it. Oh yeah, and we got our final proof for our announcement this week and it is so cute. Ashley Brooke Daniel of Ashley Brooke Designs did a custom announcement for us. Check her out! Her stationary is so cute.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Bride View Post
59 days until we leave and 61 days until we are married - can I get a WOOT WOOT?

Today we are ring shopping for FI and we HAVE to find his shoes and belt. Also on our MUST DO TODAY list is apply for passports (I know, we are way late in doing this!), fax our birth certificates and DL to the resort so they can get our marriage liscense paperwork started, and fax our photographer contract. The only other item on our to do lists are get my dress hemmed and FI suit jacket altered.

Whew ... I think that is it. Oh yeah, and we got our final proof for our announcement this week and it is so cute. Ashley Brooke Daniel of Ashley Brooke Designs did a custom announcement for us. Check her out! Her stationary is so cute.
Wow you are ready to goo. I wish I was that togethershots.gif

Hi ladies! I have not posted on this thread in so long! I have been so busy. Hope you all are getting excited! Only 2 months away now! Yippeee!

Things I have done since I last posted....

DONE -

*I got my custom beach towels for the OOT bags.

*I got other items for the OOT bags - Tide To Go Sticks, aloe cream, "Wake Up Call" hangover relief.

*I made and ordered my pre-wedding mailer from vista print

*Purchased wedding rings

*Had boudoir photos taken

*Purchased wedding undergarments

*Purchased flip flops for ceremony

*Purchased maid of honor dress

*Scheduled first dress fitting

*Made appointment for make-up trial

TO DO -

*Finish welcome books

*Finish luggage tags

*Order attendant gifts

*Book spa appointment for FMIL, Mother, MOH, Sister as gifts for coming

holy moly, everyone is so far ahead of me. I think I have started to come to grips that I am ok with an o.k. wedding but an awesome vacation.. less stress!

I booked my first fitting for Nov 23rd, bought my wedding earings, and went to look at bands recently.

Still to do:

Making welcome pamphlets

Buy advil/pepto for welcome bags

Buy wedding shoes (this has been the death of me)

Purchase wedding bands

Pay for remainder of trip

Buy MC outfit

Buy groomsman gifts

Buy my neices dress (Not having a flower girl but still buying)

I'm trying to think of what I've done since my last post - it's a long list, but the major items are...

I bought wedding ring for my FI

had my second dress fitting with all accessories

had my shower and sent out thanks you for my shower

booked my manicure/hair/makeup for wedding day

ordered & rcvd wedding thank you cards

finished bouts

decided on groomsmen gifts

completed MOH's thank you gift

bought MOH's jewelry

decided on menu and starting to gather menu selections for guests

I think that's it!

Well I'm with Nadine and am thinking of this whole thing as one big vacation with a wedding thrown into the mix bunny_4.gif

This is my random list of stuff, but I'm not worrying about it too much - if something falls through, it falls through!

•Print pashmina sign and frame it

•Print guest book sign and frame it

•Finish toss fortune bouquet

•Print pictures for table centerpiece cube frames, includes Reserved sign for head table. Everything else is open seating

•Figure out if I want to do the whiteboard message thing

•Figure out FIs wedding gift

•Send pre-wedding VistaPrint brochure and luggage tags

•Send the groomsmen shirts and flip flops

•We bought coordinating swim suits and I want to have Bride and Groom embroidered on them

•Finish painting the maracas

•Schedule dress alterations

•Finish motb and motg shirts and print the poem and card

•Figure out parents gift: thinking silver jewelry from mexico for the moms and a fishing trip for the dads. Also going to get them a picture collage after the wedding

•Make my garter and toss garter. I got garters from the dollar store, took off the white ribbons and will spice them up with orange bling

•Type up ceremony and reception set up instructions

•Assign responsibilities to people during the wedding: tips, rings, speeches, etc.

•Make tip envelopes for maids, DJ, WC, hair/makeup, officiant, etc.

•Make song playlists for ceremony, dinner and reception

•Send picture list to photographer

•Waiting on toasting flutes to arrive from OTC. Going to fill the bucket with sand and shells and tie orange bling around the stems. Personalized Champagne Flutes With Vase

•Make the memory frames for my bouquet: omie, grandma, great aunt

•Laminate michelada recipe for survival kit

•Finish OOT booklet. Cover is an oversized VistaPrint postcard

•Dry clean FIs suit

•Get hostess gifts for shower that is next weekend

•Make packing list for DW

•BDW planning thread

•Write host toast

•Call bank before we leave

•Get cash money for photog and tips

•Call ATT before we leave

•Break in wedding heels

•Finalize contract with Rebeca WC (meals, cake, decorations, etc.)

•Pack Nov 26 - 29

•Make receipts for customs based on what is packed in each bag

•Final hair cut and color Nov 25

•Make a facial appt for 2 weeks before DW

•Final nails and pedi Nov 28

•Scheduled hair and makeup for noon the day of

•Make final payment for trip on 10/8/09

•Send Rebeca final guest count on Nov 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
•Print pashmina sign and frame it
•Print guest book sign and frame it
•Finish toss fortune bouquet
Autumn, can you share those signs when you design them? are you bringing your frames with you? what is a toss fortune bouquet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
•Pack Nov 26 - 29
•Make receipts for customs based on what is packed in each bag
you making your receipts just out of blank receipt books from Office Max and writing your own amounts?

Thanks Autumn!

Autumn, i forgot to include - when are you sending in your song list? I was thinking as soon as possible? i figure he has to get all the songs?...

I almost have mine done. I have about 3 hours of fast dancing songs - I'm thinking we can't need much more than that since the reception only goes until 10ish, right?

I have some cheap coordinating frames that I am going to use. I think I am going to the use docs attached, but I am not "in love" with them. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. (the guest book is a coffe table book of pics of Paris)

The fortune bouquet is something I found on Martha Stewart. It is a bouquet made of several different mini bouquets tied together with 1 ribbon. Each mini bouquet has a fortune tied to it. When you toss the bouquet, untie the ribbon and all of the mini bouquets spread out and several people get a piece of the bouquet. I am going to ask all of the ladies to come out for the toss and have someone tell the legend of the bouquet toss. I printed the fortunes on left over vellum from my invites and bought flowers from the dollar tree. The fortunes I used are also attached.

Fortune Bouquets

Bouquet Toss

In ancient times, it was believed that a Bride was especially lucky on her wedding day. Guests would sometimes tear at her dress for a souvenir piece of good luck to take home. The Bride's tossing of her bouquet grew from her desire to offer a good luck souvenir, and prevent guests from bothering her (and her dress!) during her reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
Autumn, can you share those signs when you design them? are you bringing your frames with you? what is a toss fortune bouquet?

I downloaded a reciept template. I will fill one out per bag and make up amounts so that FI has $300 worth of stuff and I have $300 worth of stuff. I am also putting a note explaining the contents with each receipt. Both are attached.

Quote:
you making your receipts just out of blank receipt books from Office Max and writing your own amounts?

Thanks Autumn!

Hmmm... I haven't even begun to tackle this! I am thinking that I will send in the songs, but also have them on an ipod as a back up. I was thinking an hour of dinner music (slower love song feel) and then 3 hours sounds good for the dancing music. I figure the DJ can mix in a couple of his own songs if needed.

Quote:
Autumn, i forgot to include - when are you sending in your song list? I was thinking as soon as possible? i figure he has to get all the songs?...

I almost have mine done. I have about 3 hours of fast dancing songs - I'm thinking we can't need much more than that since the reception only goes until 10ish, right?

GuestBookPrint.doc

PashminaPrint.doc

CustomsLetter.doc

SalesReceiptTemplate.doc

toss_fortunes.doc