I know everything is so expensive!

I just received the price for the packages 2010 from Gabriela and the Strawberry package is now 3380$ instead of 3000$ !! Plus I want a catholic ceremony, so I dont know if that will add other fees.

Plus, I want an outside photographer (about 1500$) plus a night at the hotel 300$...plus our trip for a week. Not talking about the ring I want!! blush2.gifMy gosh! It s more expensive then I thought first. I know it s less expensive then if we had to pay for 200 guests at home but it s not cheap too.

We are planning to get legally married before going south to save the 180$ for the blood test and the price for the translation of the documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudou33 View Post
I know everything is so expensive!
I just received the price for the packages 2010 from Gabriela and the Strawberry package is now 3380$ instead of 3000$ !! Plus I want a catholic ceremony, so I dont know if that will add other fees.

Plus, I want an outside photographer (about 1500$) plus a night at the hotel 300$...plus our trip for a week. Not talking about the ring I want!! blush2.gifMy gosh! It s more expensive then I thought first. I know it s less expensive then if we had to pay for 200 guests at home but it s not cheap too.

We are planning to get legally married before going south to save the 180$ for the blood test and the price for the translation of the documents.
WHAT? I JUST got the 2010 prices a month ago and they weren't this expensive. If they're going to raise prices they need to let people who are already confirmed know that. That's ridiculous and I'm putting my foot down! Once they publish 2010 prices, they shouldn't change.

Claudia sent me the 2010 list back on July 31, and it lists $3080 on mine for Strawberry Passion. No way I'm paying a penny more than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
WHAT? I JUST got the 2010 prices a month ago and they weren't this expensive. If they're going to raise prices they need to let people who are already confirmed know that. That's ridiculous and I'm putting my foot down! Once they publish 2010 prices, they shouldn't change.

whhhhhhat I really hope they didn't go up!!! could some please please be kind enough to email me the packages with prices...I never even got one!!! joie000@hotmail.com

I know I agree, it still is cheaper than having a big wedding here at home...but everything that is 'just one more thing' keeps adding up!!!! :/ its getting to be more than i originally planned! You ladies are so awesome and helpful!!! I don't know what i would do without this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudou33 View Post

Finzup, I will watch the website of your photographer. Thanks a lot. Your WC told you that you can reserve a room at the Barcelo Caribe or Maya for the photographer? Do you know the price for one night?

It depends on when you're booking.. I am not going to book it until the prices drop .. currently for july 2010 they are about 20% off of the rack rate.. i think around $200? But as it is low season, the will drop to 30-50% off in my experience.. probably in the spring..

How do you know when they drop these prices??

Ladies I have to say as a fellow bride at Barcelo I think we are getting screwed!

I know everyone says but yes this is our dream and it is still so much cheaper than the US...which are both true. But we need to stand up to them and not let them keep changing prices on us, not allowing outside photog's, charing a $90 PER HOUR electricty fee for DJ or Band, $90 day pass fee for hair and makeup (the other resorts I looked at said they would only charge this for wedding guests/visitors not vendors)- even though they are not eating and drinking and that is what the fee is for. The WC has even told me that the do so many weddings they can pretty much charge what they want. I think that in a very polite and professional way we need to let them know that the other resorts actually want our business.

Excellence charges 16 per person, Ibeostar 18 per person...Barcelo 66 per person- yes we all picked Barcelo for a reason and knew of the charges, but stop the nickle and dime business!

Why doesn't someone confirm the prices before we get all up in arms about it?

I will check my pdf when I get home (it's on my home computer). And -- the prices may have gone up but your WC should probably honor the price from whenever you booked your package.

Let's get the facts before we freak out :)

And lastly I feel I have to say this -- And I mean this in the nicest possible way - if you don't like the prices (food, photog, add ons, etc) book someplace else. Nobody is forcing you to pick the Barcelo maya palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finzup View Post
Why doesn't someone confirm the prices before we get all up in arms about it?

I will check my pdf when I get home (it's on my home computer). And -- the prices may have gone up but your WC should probably honor the price from whenever you booked your package.

Let's get the facts before we freak out :)

And lastly I feel I have to say this -- And I mean this in the nicest possible way - if you don't like the prices (food, photog, add ons, etc) book someplace else. Nobody is forcing you to pick the Barcelo maya palace.
I totally agree with you! And really I'm not worried, they quoted me the price of 3080$ for the Strawberry Passion package, and that's what I will be paying...I'll be printing the email the WC sent me with this price and bringing it with me...