Photo

Combo wedding/honeymoon or are you going on a separate Honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Saraha

Saraha
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

We are getting married at the finisterra, and two days after our wedding were moving hotels to "dreams" for four days.... that what were going to call our honeymoon.

#12 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

We are getting married in Puerto Vallarta (Las Caletas) on Friday, leaving Sunday for Cuaraco. We will stay there for one week.

#13 nylalany

nylalany
      • 625 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

We are staying in Riviera Maya for a week - arriving on Thursday, wedding on Sunday, staying thru Thurs, which I think might have been too long? Then hoping to go for a honeymoon with surfing somewhere, but not sure if my FI can get enough time off work yet - so either Costa Rica, Cabo, or Fiji (my preference). Other suggestions are welcome! Although we love Hawaii, we've both been there a bunch of times.
        Hopefully he'll find out soon and I can find some sort of deal...

#14 TheLB

TheLB
        • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

We're combining our wedding and honeymoon into one loooong trip. We're staying for 2 weeks. Everyone in our group will be with us for the first week (getting married mid-week) and then they leave so we can be by yourselves for the second week. We don't know if we're switching hotels for the second half...

-K&S

#15 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
          • 238 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

we're going to be in jamaica for about 2 weeks. the first part, we'll be at the RIU, and everyone will be with us for the wedding. then, the day after the wedding, we move to Couples Ocho Rios for a week for the honeymoon!

#16 junebride2b

junebride2b
            • 81 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:05 PM

We are getting married at the RIU *big hotel* and staying there for 4 nights then going next door to Sandals *quiet romantic hotel* for 4 nights for our honeymoon.

#17 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

We married in Mexico and 2 days after the wedding left and flew to Jamaica.

We wanted to separate our honeymoon from the wedding. Plus, we didn't want to feel obligated to spend time with guests who lingered in Mexico.

Basically we wanted a honeymoon by ourselves away from the people and location we spent the previous week with.

Anything goes though!

#18 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:27 AM

We're doing them separately - wedding in Mexico, and then a cruise in the So Pacific for our honeymoon in November. HELLO Tahiti!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#19 403citygirl

403citygirl
                • 27 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

Some friends had asked me the same question.. and i replied "well I suppose we are going for a weddingmoon"... although the FI wants to go to Japan the following year, seeing as his vacation time is used up for 2008 so we'll call the 2009 Asia trip the honeymoon!! (Does that count? Even if it is a year later?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter