Photo

Dreams Cancun Here We Come!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:10 AM

Congratulations!!! There is nothing like finally choosing the date - what a weight lifted off your shoulders, right?!! I found the location and date to be the hardest decisions to make.

Now the "real" fun begins!! :)
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:57 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
      I will be getting married there on 2.2.2008 !

#13 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

such a beautiful resort.. good luck :)

#14 missconniec

missconniec
        • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:33 AM

i also was booked for a 2pm wedding. i was worried about the heat so claudia suggested a brunch wedding so we moved it to 11am. has anyone else had an earlier brunch or lunch wedding at dreams cancun? how is it? any advice about heat, pros/cons, etc?

#15 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by missconniec
            i also was booked for a 2pm wedding. i was worried about the heat so claudia suggested a brunch wedding so we moved it to 11am. has anyone else had an earlier brunch or lunch wedding at dreams cancun? how is it? any advice about heat, pros/cons, etc?

did you decide where you were going to have your reception yet?

If you're doing the wedding at 11 you will probably want to do it on the terrace as there is a cover, so you will have shade. It's hot there at 11, I got married at 4 and I was sweating!

One good thing is that the gazebo side of the resort is windy, so you will have a nice breeze, but its still really warm.

#16 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
            • 444 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jilly76
              did you decide where you were going to have your reception yet?

If you're doing the wedding at 11 you will probably want to do it on the terrace as there is a cover, so you will have shade. It's hot there at 11, I got married at 4 and I was sweating!

One good thing is that the gazebo side of the resort is windy, so you will have a nice breeze, but its still really warm.
              Do you know if the terrace can accommodate 50-60 people? I can't tell how big it is from the photos.

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

I think claudia said 50, but if you use the lounge area just inside from the terrace, I think she said up to 100.

It would probably depend on how you set up your tables as well.

#18 Samantha S

Samantha S
                • 369 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kaelasmommy
                  Fiiiiiiinnnnnnaaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyy!!! after back and forth emails and all the waiting we finally set our date!! 11/22/08!!! i'm so excited that i can start finally planning. i've been soo stressed trying to set a date with claudia and daniella. i was told that there were no weekend dates available in november but i guess something fell through. or maybe i just got lucky. anyone else getting married at 2pm? i wanted a later time but i guess beggars can't be choosers, huh? i feel like theres been a tremendous weight lifted off my shoulders.
                  Tiffaney, we are getting married there on November 20, 2008, we'll still be there on your day! How cool. We'll have to compare notes on planning and negotiating with the resort. Congratulations!!!

#19 JODEY

JODEY
                  • 344 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:30 AM

Congratulations !!!!!
                    I booked yesterday for 2nd Nov 2009 ! I'm excited already, still ages away!
                    Keep us informed with the planning !!

#20 Amanda77

Amanda77
                    • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:45 AM

Congratulations! We're getting married at Dreams on 20 August 2008 and we're having the ceremony at 5 p.m. Has anyone else been married in Mexico in August? Slightly worried about hurricane seasons!

I'm slightly worried as I'm under the impression that we won't be in contact with Claudia until we arrive on the 11 August, which is stressing me out slight. I want to know exactly what will be happening before I get there and how much extras I will have to pay for, such as chair covers, gazebo decorating, meals for guests, blood tests, toasts etc. As you can see I've lots of questions

If anyone has an email address for Claudia I would be very grateful!

Thanks
                      Amanda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter