Photo

I found a Rabbi in the RM/Cancun area

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
  • 812 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:25 PM

A few of the girls have asked me if I ever found a Rabbi, and I did, so I thought I would post his info here. He is an American who relocated to Cancun in July, so he speaks perfect english.

His name is Rabbi Mendel Druk, and here is his info:

Chabad-Lubavitch of Cancun
    Ave. Antonio Enr­quez Savignac, Cond. La Noria dto.
    D1 Frac El Table, m4 L4 B-4 SM 1
    Cancun, Quintana Roo 77500 Mexico

Phone number: 521-998-219-5601

His website is Chabad Lubavitch Jewish Center of Cancun

In the end, FI's parent's asked me to use their Rabbi from NY which was fine with me, so we ended up not using him. I didn't speak to him myself, but my sister did and she said he was great. Even after we decided not to use him she called for help finding kosher food in Cancun and he was really helpful.

Let me know if you need more info!

#2 nylalany

nylalany
    • 625 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

You probably don't have any idea, but do you happen to know if he'd be willing to perform an interfaith marriage if the bride is Jewish, the groom is atheist and not willing to convert, but the couple is going to raise the children Jewish?

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

that's great, I know we've had a couple of people ask about this.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
      • 812 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by nylalany
        You probably don't have any idea, but do you happen to know if he'd be willing to perform an interfaith marriage if the bride is Jewish, the groom is atheist and not willing to convert, but the couple is going to raise the children Jewish?
        I have no idea, but it doesn't hurt to send him an email to ask. Oh, and not that I am encouraging you to lie to a Rabbi, but if it were me I would just ask if he performs interfaith marriages and leave out the part about FI being an atheist... that whole, don't believe in god thing might throw a wrench in your plan.... WOW, I feel guilty just writing that! On second thought, tell the truth!

#5 nylalany

nylalany
        • 625 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

#6 nylalany

nylalany
          • 625 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Not sure why my post was reposted :). You think believing in another faith that may eventually interfere is better than just taking a step back from religion in general? Hmm. I would have thought the opposite, but maybe I'll just keep the email simple!

#7 nylalany

nylalany
            • 625 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

Oh I just realized his is Lubavitch which is pretty Orthodox so no point in asking :).

#8 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
              • 208 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:21 PM

hey.. i was just wondering if you actually spoke to this rabbi and knew if he was willing to perform the ceremony or not? im having trouble working the details of flying out a rabbi from home.. and i havent been able to find anyone else in cancun...
                "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

www.steveandmich.com

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

#9 Luba&Mike2008

Luba&Mike2008
                • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Hey
                  Happy New Year!
                  We spoke to him. He said that he wasnt able to do our wedding because he doesnt really know us and we are not Orthodox. Plus there will be no kosher food at out wedding. I was really upset. We are trying to find one here to fly out to RM.

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Just wanted to say good luck everyone, it's tough to get a minister of any faith to fly out for a DW. I would definitely start at the place where you worship and try to get a referral :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter