Hello everyone! I just figured out finally how to start a new forum. I wanted to start a 2015 page for Azul Fives because I only saw 2014 and if you are like me you probably are already planning even though its over a year away. If anyone is planning a wedding in 2015 at Azul Fives please post here! I just booked mine for May 12, 2015!

• Like 4

Hi there KScheer! Our wedding will be May 12, 2015! We had wanted to get married in Jan, then it was February, then is was April and basically everything cost too much, so we pushed it to May. I just put down the deposit yesterday so I am super excited! We are planning on doing the Sky Terrace wedding with a Sky reception as well! What about you?

• Like 1

Yes, the cost is adding up faster than I thought! Ugh!

We are having our ceremony on the Sky Deck, cocktail hour on the Sky Terrace (which is one level below the Sky Deck) and a garden reception with the pool deck for dancing/DJ. I love the idea of a garden reception.

Were you assigned a wedding coordinator yet? It will probably take a few days to get one. I find that scheduling phone calls and making a list of questions is much easier than asking questions via email and waiting days for a response. Plus, you usually have additional questions after the question is answered - which is much easier to do over the phone. Just a tip that has made me less stressed :)

• Like 2

Hey there, what is the difference between the sky deck and sky terrace? Sometimes they change the wording so often you cant keep up but I think I get it! We plan on doing our ceremony at the Sky Deck (the one that costs an arm and leg to rent_ , go downstairs to some place for cocktails and then back up for the reception. I know doing the reception up there costs an extra $15 a person, but after seeing this picture, there is no going back! I just worry about it being windy up there/too hot? Although, I am a worry wart. We are working with a destination wedding travel agent so she has connections to get me a WC although we havent gotten one yet, I do almost everything to her, she has been amazing. Did you guys use a TA for travel or doing it a different way? 

e81724c7cdcf8a577107887844020f20.jpg

Edited by Lilgabri03
  • Like 2

Yes, that's the Sky Deck. A fabulous extra $1700 lol That's where we are having our ceremony too! :)

The Sky Terrace is one level below the Sky Deck (I would do your cocktail hour there) that's is where we are having ours. The Sky Terrace is the outdoor patio area of the Zky Bar and overlooks everything also.

I initially wanted our reception at the Sky Deck too I just cant handle the idea of $15 extra per person to do that. So we went with a garden reception. Plus they said it can be windy. I have photos if you end up interested in seeing the garden reception area.

We are using Wright Travel Agency who specialize in destination weddings for group travels. Azul's will assign you a wedding coordinator. They are in a Miami office. You deal with that coordinator until you get down to Azul Fives. Then you deal with the onsite coordinators.  

Kim

• Like 1

Have you been to Azul Fives? If you have can you send me some pics? I would love to see some pictures of the garden reception however I think if I was not going to do on that deck, I would do it somewhere air conditioned! I wonder how windy it could be? I feel like its so difficult to make a decision about where to have a reception without seeing it? Do you think it will be too hot up there? My dad went to a destination wedding in June in Mexico and he said it was very hot during the reception but theirs was at ground level so I wonder if the sky deck would have a cool breeze.

I am also not a fan of the extra $15 a person however it just looks so beautiful!

I haven't been to Azul Fives. I've been to Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen before and loved it.

At night time I don't think it will be too hot. You cannot get married inside that is why you are getting married in Mexico! :)

PM me your email address and I'll email you the photos my coordinator sent me. I'll also send you the group rates I received. You do know that the Deluxe Rooms only feature two double beds (which they say are on the small side) and the 1 Bedroom Suite has the king beds? Just and FYI.

We reserved several rooms in each category (regular, pool view and pool walkout) and will let the guests decide. I

I'll pm you my email, ya I know the rooms are double beds, that was the one annoying negative! However then I talked to the GM of azul fives. Send me your email back and I will forward you the email chain between us. Pretty cool stuff happening there! We did mostly the cheap rooms, a handful of the others because I think most people will pick the cheaper rooms!