Photo

Dreams Tulum Ceremony Time Help (or Mayan Riviera in General)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 donandcorri

donandcorri
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

Hi there,

I need some help/reassurance before I reply to the email I just received from Landy.

I had requested 3:00pm as my ceremony time and had received confirmation that this was booked. I just received a response to my request for help on the days timeline from Landy and she advised that the judge was booked for 5:00pm.

From what I've been able to find online, the sun sets at 5:05pm on November 23rd. I can only find approx sunset times for Cancun and I'm assuming that this will be approximately the same in Tulum.

This means that we won't be able to do pics in daylight unless we do them before the ceremony but I like the idea of not seeing FH until the ceremony.

Any reassurance, tips, input would be greatly appreciated - I need some calming down here!

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

I would contact your WC and verify the timeline. Perhaps it was an error on her part. Express your concern regarding sunlight for photos, etc.

Good luck!

#3 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
      • 766 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

Is nov the only date you want to get married? How about the day beofre or after?

Otherwise, how about a 11 am wedding? After the ceremon, you can either have your reception for lunch or wait for the supper. You can take your time for the pictures in the afternoon, relax, have some time alone with your hubby tthen meat again for supper.

#4 donandcorri

donandcorri
        • 57 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

I'm going to email both Sandra & Landy tomorrow to get clarification - I just needed to calm down/vent a little before I do that. Hopefully they get back to me ASAP - it generally takes 2-3 weeks and we don't exactly have that amount of time to deal with changes that might need to be made.

I'm not sure if we can do much to change the time at this point - it's only 1 month away - I'll see what our options are. From the way that the email was worded, it seems like this was the time that the judge was available.

If we have to, we'll just do pictures before the ceremony - I'll just have to suck it up. I can't let one small detail ruin our wedding!

#5 trisha0612

trisha0612
          • 491 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

I agree with TiffJT! Even though it's not EXACTLY what you planned, pictures before hand might come out better b/c your makeup and hair will be ready to go! I'm getting nervous about this whole wedding planning process through email myself. We are doing our site visit in February, hopefully we will be able to figure things out then....if possible!

I vote to keep your time, get pictures beforehand, get crazy sunset ceremony pics and then go have fun at your reception!
            Travis & Trish
            10-10-08
            Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#6 donandcorri

donandcorri
            • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

Well it seems that Landy & Sandra don't really communicate with each other.

Before I had a chance to send an email expressing my concerns, I received another email from Sandra saying that the wedding was booked for 5:00 but did I want her to reschedule to 3:00?...

So that's fine - drama's over - we're switching back to 3:00.

But just a heads up to the Dreams Tulum brides - make sure you save all your emails from both Sandra & Landy. It doesn't seem that things discussed with Landy are getting back to Sandra & vice versa.

Landy emailed me a Planning form that I needed to fill out with our choices for flowers, cake & menu etc. 2 days later, Sandra emailed me the exact same form. I also get duplicate (and sometimes different) responses to my questions.

#7 babycow

babycow
              • 367 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by donandcorri
                Well it seems that Landy & Sandra don't really communicate with each other.

Before I had a chance to send an email expressing my concerns, I received another email from Sandra saying that the wedding was booked for 5:00 but did I want her to reschedule to 3:00?...

So that's fine - drama's over - we're switching back to 3:00.

But just a heads up to the Dreams Tulum brides - make sure you save all your emails from both Sandra & Landy. It doesn't seem that things discussed with Landy are getting back to Sandra & vice versa.

Landy emailed me a Planning form that I needed to fill out with our choices for flowers, cake & menu etc. 2 days later, Sandra emailed me the exact same form. I also get duplicate (and sometimes different) responses to my questions.
                Glad your timing worked out.
                That's good to know. Everytime I get impatient waiting for a response from Landy, I want to email Sandra with the same question. I guess it's best just to stick with one for the time being.

I got some new info from Landy too, don't you just love the new brochures? They are so much more helpful. Know I know what cake and flower options look like, makes my planning much easier and I don't have to wait for each individual response to my questions about these things.
                http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                Erica and Tim
                Dreams Tulum
                Mexico
                May 17, 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter