Getting married at the EDR in their Royale Salon

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married at the EDR on Friday June 20th. I am set to have my ceremoney at the building 55 "gazebo" with the wall behind it. And then a cocktail hour out doors and then my reception will be a seated dinner with dancing in their Royale Salon. The pictures of this look amazing and I'm glad we'll be in doors with a/c for dancing, etc. but I haven't seen anyone post anything about this room. Has anyone seen it or have any pictures of their wedding there? Also, I have a picture of the building 55 gazebo but none with an actual wedding. If anyone has any pictures of either of these loactions, will you please share?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

We saw the Royale Salon during our site visit. It is a nice location but here are a few things you might want to consider.

If you are doing your cocktail hour outside at the Royale Salon, you might want to change the venue for the cocktail hour. They allow you to do two locations. The building has a portico that we saw a cocktail hour set up in and though the building is nice your view is of a chain link fence and some plants. Ask your WC for pictures.

The room is ALL white. We wanted a lot of color so we opted for outside, plus in January at night it hopefully won't be so hot. In June a/c will be a good thing! If you want color opt for tall floral arrangements which will look nice b/c of the high ceiling. The wedding we saw had low vases with orchids submerged in the water, though the arrangements were pretty, the room looked a little sparse.

Bring some scented candles. We saw it set up at night and the room had a nice glow with candles but due to the type of a/c they use, it smelled a little bit musty so some scented might help.

I have some photos at home of this room. I'll try to post them soon! let us know if you have any questions. Everyone in this forum is super helpful and full of spectacular ideas and advice! welcome3.gif

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, everyone in the forum seems to be very helpful. I spent a few days reading posts before I decided to join and post this question about my recpetion at the Royale Salon.

You're saying that I may want to change the location of the outdoor coctail hour because of the view from the Royale Salon? Do you have any suggestions? Or should I just ask Monica what my options are? I am working with a wedding planner in the states as well and she is the one communicating with Monica.

I would love to see your pictures of the Royale Salon if you don't mind. I do have some pictures that Monica sent me and it looks really beautiful. I'm hoping to have between 50 and 60 people. Do you think that room is too big for that number? I guess I can try having tables of 8 instead of tables of 10 to fill it up a little more. But yes, because of June, I really want some a/c when I'm dancing! HAhahaha

Have you seen the building 55 gazebo? How is that for a ceremony site in your opinion? I am only 5'1 and my fiance is 6'1 so I REALLY want to wear heels and I noticed that one doesn;t have an wooden walk way. Can they put one in for me?

Also, do you know where the Royale Salon is on the map of the property?

Thanks so much for your help!! Everyone in this forum is so great!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlj033 View Post
Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, everyone in the forum seems to be very helpful. I spent a few days reading posts before I decided to join and post this question about my recpetion at the Royale Salon.

You're saying that I may want to change the location of the outdoor coctail hour because of the view from the Royale Salon? Do you have any suggestions? Or should I just ask Monica what my options are? I am working with a wedding planner in the states as well and she is the one communicating with Monica.

I would love to see your pictures of the Royale Salon if you don't mind. I do have some pictures that Monica sent me and it looks really beautiful. I'm hoping to have between 50 and 60 people. Do you think that room is too big for that number? I guess I can try having tables of 8 instead of tables of 10 to fill it up a little more. But yes, because of June, I really want some a/c when I'm dancing! HAhahaha

Have you seen the building 55 gazebo? How is that for a ceremony site in your opinion? I am only 5'1 and my fiance is 6'1 so I REALLY want to wear heels and I noticed that one doesn;t have an wooden walk way. Can they put one in for me?

Also, do you know where the Royale Salon is on the map of the property?

Thanks so much for your help!! Everyone in this forum is so great!! :)
Clearly, just my opinion but we did not like the view from the outside area at the Royale Salon. You can't see the chain link fence too clearly in my photos so it would be worth asking Monica is she has any photos. We are doing our cocktail reception at Gaviotas, right on the beach, and the reception at Tucanes. Since it will be 6 hours between the two we thought two venues would help to break it up a bit. Monica can give your planner a list of venues where you could do the cocktail hour.

The room is a good size for 50-60 plus a dance floor. It is located to the left of La Isla on the map of the property.

here is the link to my photos (I've never posted this link so it might not work!) web browser:
Kodakgallery.com Join now and receive beautiful photographic prints from your camera

I don't have a photo of gazebo 55. Look around the RM forum, I know someone has posted pictures. My FI and I also have a one foot height difference and I love heels so I would only do the Casita's Gazebo since it has a walkway. They might be able to put one in for a fee at the 55.