Photo

Thoughts on a Friday wedding

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:34 AM

Mines on a Thursday. For those ppl traveling shorter time, they fly in on a Wens., Thurs wedding, Friday recouporate, Sat fly out. But most ppl are staying for the entire week. I would see what your flights are like and when do most of them fly out to Mexico, the more flights the better in terms of pricing.

#22 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

You're in Mexico, who cares what day it is? Do you all have anywhere else to go? hehe

#23 RoSean

RoSean
      • 140 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:56 AM

I'm having a Tuesday wedding!
        At a minimum, our guest would have to take off 3 days from work.

#24 jlink78

jlink78
        • 207 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Adamsgrrl
          Mines on a Thursday. For those ppl traveling shorter time, they fly in on a Wens., Thurs wedding, Friday recouporate, Sat fly out. But most ppl are staying for the entire week. I would see what your flights are like and when do most of them fly out to Mexico, the more flights the better in terms of pricing.
          We are doing the same exact thing!

#25 marie87

marie87
          • 54 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:30 PM

Friday sounds fine. It also gives your guests time to enjoy the rest of their weekend

#26 PVBride

PVBride
            • 443 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by amyh
              We're having our wedding on a Friday. We preferred having a friday wedding since most of our guests are leaving on Sunday and didn't want them to have a full day to recup!
              Ditto! In fact our WC recommended a Friday wedding for this very reason.

#27 wade2893

wade2893
              • 66 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

I think a Friday wedding is just fine. Since most people will come to spend an extended weekend with you in honor of your special day, I don't think it will make a difference to those attending. I hear great things about Las Caletas, so I'm sure it will be beautiful.

#28 rob4ever

rob4ever
                • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

We are getting married on a Friday as well. We live in Boston and are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Thursday - Sunday is perfect amount of time and when most of our guests are coming. I'm also excited that we'll have all day Saturday to spend with our guests...and won't have to worry about the wedding since we'll already be married!

#29 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

We are getting married on a wednesday.. I don't really think it matters all that much.. most people will spend 5-7 days there and have a vacation out of it :)

#30 itsme7396

itsme7396
                    • 90 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

when you're in paradise... everyday is a saturday... you're not at work, and you're about to get married... it shouldn't matter what day of the week it is...

congrats...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter