Photo

Shangri-la Caribe

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 sarah310

sarah310
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Thanks! I contacted them and they are still open. Unfortunately they only do weddings may - dec and I'm looking to get married in April 2010. I was told I could do it at Petit lafitte. Here's the website if anyone is interested.

Hotels offered by MayaZone

#22 rivieramayabride

rivieramayabride
    • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Hello Kevsgirl,

I am curious: how did your wedding at Shangri-la Caribe work out? I really like the pictures of the hotel and would love to hear a follow bride report about if it really was amazing and beautiful and fun. Could you post some pic's from your wedding there? Thank you and congratulations!

#23 poohshek

poohshek
      • 1,456 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

Update to weddings at Shangri-La Caribe:
        Christine at the Turquoise Reef Group is no longer handing wedding planning at Shangri-La Caribe. Please email Deborah at Mayazone (reserva@mayazone.com) going forward.

We saw a wedding taking place at Shangri-La Caribe when we were down there at the beginning of December 2008. The beach was not very big for the ceremony and there were quite a few bystanders and people walking past behind the altar on the beach 20 feet away. This is probably the biggest downside to picking this venue. Hope this helps.

#24 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

Update to weddings at Shangri-La Caribe:
          Christine at the Turquoise Reef Group is no longer handing wedding coordination at Shangri-La Caribe. Please email Deborah at Mayazone (reserva@mayazone.com) going forward.

We saw a wedding taking place at Shangri-La Caribe when we were down there at the beginning of December 2008. The beach was not very big for the ceremony and there were quite a few bystanders and people walking past behind the altar on the beach 20 feet away. This is probably the biggest downside to picking this venue. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter