Photo

My DIY Boarding Pass Invitations (Cruise Wedding)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#11 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

I had never even heard of boarding pass invitations before I joined this forum, so when I first saw them on here, I went through pretty much every boarding pass thread I could find. Thank you to so many ladies whose templates and pictures helped me SO much: Aylee, Becks, Island Princess, Jennie0521, BeckyN, Shoesiesluvr and many more. I also saw jmb0902’s circular return address labels, and I knew I wanted to incorporate them: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/39572/diy-return-address-labels-pics.

I'm not sure if I started with Aylee's template, but I'm sure whichever one I used came from her originally.

I designed the boarding passes and address labels in Word, and the monogram, return address label and ticket jacket in PowerPoint. I love the end result!

We had to make about 100 invitations, so the assembly was quite a project. Together, my FI and I did all the scoring, folding, gluing, cutting, corner punching, stuffing, belly banding and sealing. It was quite a task.

Tools:

• Straight cutters – Fiskars and X-acto (I prefer the Fiskars), Michaels
  • Corner punch – Fiskars, Michaels
  • Bone folder and scoring board – Martha Stewart, www.Save-on-crafts.com
  • Adhesive for bottom seam of the ticket jackets and belly bands: Elmer’s Craft Bond dual tip pen, Michaels (this stuff is cheap and awesome but a bit messy)

Materials:

• Boarding passes and monograms on belly bands: Snow White 110lb cardstock, www.cardsandpockets.com, $32/200 sheets
  • Ticket jackets: Tabriz blue 110lb cardstock, www.cardsandpockets.com, $19/100 sheets
  • Black cardstock for belly bands: 65lb, Michaels, $1.50/25 sheets
  • Blue belly band ribbon: 1.5” wide, Michaels, $4/roll. We used approximately 6 rolls.
  • Envelopes: Nero (black) No. 10 envelopes, www.envelopperinc.com, $23.80/100 (nice heavy quality)
  • Wraparound labels: full page labels, Staples, $6/25 sheets

Total cost (not including tools which I had or were Christmas presents): $106

Approximate cost per invitation: $ 1.06

Belly Band measurements:

Ribbon: 8” x 1.5”

Black cardstock: 8.5” x 1.75”

Belly band monogram measurements:

Black backing square: 2” x 2”

Monogram square: 1.75” x 1.75”

If you want to use the template, the downloaded fonts I used were Old Script and Wmtrees1 from www.dafont.com. Without these, these templates might look wonky.

I'll post pics in the next post...

Attached Files

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#12 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#13 janette34

janette34
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

I love it!  You have doen a terrific job, especially like the wrap around addresses.  Can you tell me how you got the text like that I have been trying forever and can't get it!

#14 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

I think this is the powerpoint I used for the return address label (can't open these at home, only at work). I'm sorry, I can't remember exactly where to click to make the lettering curved...

Attached Files

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#15 Skygirl

Skygirl
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

awesome job,tnx for sharing...

#16 coquine

coquine
  • 236 posts
  • Wedding Location:St-Thomas

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Good job! Love that shade of blue. The "ribbon" (?) that you had around the boarding passes folder is a very nice touch! Thanks for sharing all the details!

#17 anudrm

anudrm
  • 760 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

Yay Erica!!! They came out AWESOME! I am so glad we solved your printing problem.......Great job!!!

P.S. - Still in awe at how you got FI to chip in, LOL

#18 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

Thanks, Selina!! (aka my hero lol)

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#19 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

Good job! Love that shade of blue. The "ribbon" (?) that you had around the boarding passes folder is a very nice touch! Thanks for sharing all the details!

Thanks! It is indeed just satin 1.5" ribbon. I thought it added a little something while still keeping a simple look.

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#20 kks2012

kks2012
  • Site Supporter
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:38 AM

Acieta, thanks so much for sharing. I'm getting super excited about starting to do our invites. I think this may be a bridesmaids' "get together" task rather than FI because I got frustrated when he put the labels and postage for the STDs slanted.. lol. Love learning more and more about things we do well and not so much.:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter