I had never even heard of boarding pass invitations before I joined this forum, so when I first saw them on here, I went through pretty much every boarding pass thread I could find. Thank you to so many ladies whose templates and pictures helped me SO much: Aylee, Becks, Island Princess, Jennie0521, BeckyN, Shoesiesluvr and many more. I also saw jmb0902â€™s circular return address labels, and I knew I wanted to incorporate them: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/39572/diy-return-address-labels-pics.
I'm not sure if I started with Aylee's template, but I'm sure whichever one I used came from her originally.
I designed the boarding passes and address labels in Word, and the monogram, return address label and ticket jacket in PowerPoint. I love the end result!
We had to make about 100 invitations, so the assembly was quite a project. Together, my FI and I did all the scoring, folding, gluing, cutting, corner punching, stuffing, belly banding and sealing. It was quite a task.
- Straight cutters â€“ Fiskars and X-acto (I prefer the Fiskars), Michaels
- Corner punch â€“ Fiskars, Michaels
- Bone folder and scoring board â€“ Martha Stewart, www.Save-on-crafts.com
- Adhesive for bottom seam of the ticket jackets and belly bands: Elmerâ€™s Craft Bond dual tip pen, Michaels (this stuff is cheap and awesome but a bit messy)
- Boarding passes and monograms on belly bands: Snow White 110lb cardstock, www.cardsandpockets.com, $32/200 sheets
- Ticket jackets: Tabriz blue 110lb cardstock, www.cardsandpockets.com, $19/100 sheets
- Black cardstock for belly bands: 65lb, Michaels, $1.50/25 sheets
- Blue belly band ribbon: 1.5â€ wide, Michaels, $4/roll. We used approximately 6 rolls.
- Envelopes: Nero (black) No. 10 envelopes, www.envelopperinc.com, $23.80/100 (nice heavy quality)
- Wraparound labels: full page labels, Staples, $6/25 sheets
Total cost (not including tools which I had or were Christmas presents): $106
Approximate cost per invitation: $ 1.06
Belly Band measurements:
Ribbon: 8â€ x 1.5â€
Black cardstock: 8.5â€ x 1.75â€
Belly band monogram measurements:
Black backing square: 2â€ x 2â€
Monogram square: 1.75â€ x 1.75â€
If you want to use the template, the downloaded fonts I used were Old Script and Wmtrees1 from www.dafont.com. Without these, these templates might look wonky.
I'll post pics in the next post...