Photo

Dreams Brides Help PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzy

Lizzy
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:17 AM

Could the Brides of Dreams Resorts please tell me what they are getting from Dreams for booking several-(a lot) rooms at the resort? I am talking about extras. Maggie hasn't blocked any rooms because she didn't know when and how long her guests might want to stay. She is having her rehearsal dinner there and has booked about 8 rooms so far. The wedding is in January. She wants to ask her TA to ask for some extras, but wanted me to ask you folks first, what you have negotiated.
    Thanks, ladiies!
    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#2 RoSean

RoSean
    • 140 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

WC told me that if we book 30 rooms then we get an upgrade, if we have 50 rooms then they can give us 3 nights/ 4 days of free vacation on our next visit. I'm sure all of these are negotiable.

I think the way you have to approach the negotiation is to ask for something that matters to you. Also, you are entitled to the Eternity Honeymoon package if you are staying at a Honeymoon suite of higher category for 7 nights or have 5 rooms staying for 3 nights (from your guests).

Goodluck!

#3 Lizzy

Lizzy
      • 501 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

I was beginning to think I had written the thread wrong or something...nobody had responded. Until you! I appreciate your info, thank you so much.

lizzy
        For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

My TA was able to negotiate a discounted rate, in addition to an upgrade to the honeymoon suite for Jeff & I.

#5 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:19 AM

Our TA got us a room block with discounted rates for the rooms as well as the hotel providing us a 2 rooms for 2 nights free for the site visit.

#6 Lizzy

Lizzy
            • 501 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

Great information, thanx!

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:35 AM

Oh yeah- forgot about the site visit! We got that too.

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

We got the same deal. 2 nights free site visit, free upgrade.

#9 Lizzy

Lizzy
                  • 501 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

Thank you all. This gives us more to go on. Since we aren't having the wedding there, just the rehersal, I wasn't certain if we had any bargaining power. More people are booking their rooms now as we are getting closer to the date, so soon it will be time to do some negotiating. I am not sure what she is asking for, but this info will certainly help her alot.
                    You ladies are a wealth of information!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter