Airport Transfer - Riu Palace Mexico

We booked our package in Feb/07 and now we have found the same package for $400 per person cheaper. Our travel agent is attempting to calm our anxieties by letting us know that even airport transfers can be expensive and this adds to the price.

So to put this to rest.. How much does it cost to get from the airport (Cancun) to Riu Palace Mexico? And what different styles of transportation can we arrange? (Taxi, shuttle van, limo etc)

Thanks,

Jason

This is a typical price for transfers, some may be as high as $100 round trip for two. But not even close to $400. I would talk to my TA a little bit more on this. Unless you booked as a group, then I believe things are a little more complicated.

Cancun airport transfers : Cancun airport transfers and Cancun airport shuttles

Cancun airport transfers

Cancun Airport - Hotel in Cancun

One way $ 9pp Round trip $17pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Bwedding View Post
We booked our package in Feb/07 and now we have found the same package for $400 per person cheaper. Our travel agent is attempting to calm our anxieties by letting us know that even airport transfers can be expensive and this adds to the price.

So to put this to rest.. How much does it cost to get from the airport (Cancun) to Riu Palace Mexico? And what different styles of transportation can we arrange? (Taxi, shuttle van, limo etc)

Thanks,

Jason
why is it cheaper now? the room rate or air? transfers for 2 will range about $60 for not direct to $100 for non-stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
why is it cheaper now? the room rate or air? transfers for 2 will range about $60 for not direct to $100 for non-stop
That's a good question!? We're a little upset that some of our guests know that they could have saved $600-$800/couple by waiting. I just looked up the package on Expedia and 1 month ago it was $1775 which was pretty close to our deal, so it didn't matter. Now they have some sort of discount and it's around $1450... ouch! Of course Sunquest says they don't price match.. but they said they would reduce our rate by $100/person.

Quote:
That's a good question!? We're a little upset that some of our guests know that they could have saved $600-$800/couple by waiting. I just looked up the package on Expedia and 1 month ago it was $1775 which was pretty close to our deal, so it didn't matter. Now they have some sort of discount and it's around $1450... ouch! Of course Sunquest says they don't price match.. but they said they would reduce our rate by $100/person.
unfortunately it does happen...prices fluctuate but usually the other way.

so often by booking later, the rate either skyrockets or their is no availibity. also, with expedia rates, there is not an infinite amount of packages at that rate...sometimes just a few...

Quote:
I'm getting married at the Riu Palace Mexico in about a month, and the EXACT same situation happened with me.

Sunquest reduced our rates by $100 however Expedia had the same kind of discount - a $600-$700 difference. Sunquest could not reduce our rate. A few of our guests on the group rate wanted to cancel and re-book with Expedia. My travel agent went over the benefits of securing the trip with the group rate, but im sure it was all just smoke comin outta her a$$...lol.

Thats unfortunately the way it goes with booking so far in advance, you are taking a chance, but with a wedding, its better to be safe than sorry.