Photo

Kool by Playa Tukan?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Has anyone been to or know anything about Kool Beach Club? I thought it might be an interesting place to host a welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner, or possibly even a reception. I haven't been able to find too many photos though. Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

#2 christmas

christmas
    • 28 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

We visited during our fact finding trip with this place in mind as possible welcome dinner spot or even wedding/reception. While we LOVED the coolness factor of the place, we were concerned about privacy. It is huge so we wouldn't have had the whole place to ourselves, and it is right next to one of the biggest and most popular beach clubs in Playa, so we were also worried about crowds from over there. That said, if seclusion had not been one of our top priorities we would have went with Kool. It has really great miami beach type style, open and flowy, the manager seemed very professional as well. HOpe this helps. Sorry I have no good photos.

#3 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

This is very helpful. I appreciate your comments.

I also noticed that you are getting married at the Omni Puerto Aventuras. This is actually one of the places that I will be looking at on my site visit this weekend. What made you choose that place?

#4 christmas

christmas
        • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

We chose omni mainly for these reasons:
          1. we can have a ceremony & reception there without staying there and it is close in proximity to playa del carmen where we and all our guests are staying
          2. we will have the whole pool/pool deck, pool bar plus a second bar and part of beach area blocked off for our private event at no extra charge.
          3. it is a smaller hotel in a less densly hotel populated area, so not tons of people around outside our blocked off area
          4. our wedding planner has lots of experience with the hotel and has the ability to turn a rather plain looking area into something really fabulous
          5. we loved the food we tried there

Hope this helps

#5 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
          • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. Those are a lot of the points that we were concerned about so I am even mroe excited now to see the place. Emmanuelle (WC) also has been very fantastic too. Quick responses and great information.

Best of luck with your wedding!!

#6 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
            • Vendor
            • 336 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:41 AM

Hello!
              I have some photos from Kool but i do not have it in this pc. The place can be amost private after certain hour (normally around 7 pm.) depending the sunset time.

I can send to you te photos, if you are interested, please write me an email (from my website) and i will send you the photos.

Best Regards,

Yazmin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter