• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 brigopens

brigopens
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bre
    I know it's ridiculous!!! But it's still cheaper than the DJ and WHO KNOWS what they would play... Which WC are you working with?

It is getting to be somewhat of an annoyance to hear about all these silly fees that aren't stated anywhere. I wonder if it would be worth contacting Faith about this? She's their head of marketing based in the US. My travel agent contacted her when we were hearing from the WCs when they were going through the staffing changes.

As for food, we are going to do a sit-down plated dinner. I like the idea of the dessert bar though. That should be fun! and tasty!
    We're workign with Valeria who is excellent. I found an old email from Monica promising the $250 rate, forwarded it to her, and she said it woudl be fine... I love Valeria, and have been thrilled with her speed and service.

I agree about the fees. Can only imagine what else we have to look forward to in the coming months. My fiance just starting working with her on flowers so we'll see if that brings controversey...
    Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#12 brigopens

brigopens
    • 247 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
      I didn't even know you could do a desert bar!! very cool!
      Was something that Faith and I came up with back in the day... :-) If you're interested though, ask about it...

Quote:
      As for the ipod charge - that is ridculous! give me a break!! I don't know what would be better (1) bringing it up and fight with Lomus; (2) leave it and fight with the WC at the resort.
      Remedied after I fwd the email saying it was OK before with the previous WC. Let this be a lesson,keep all of your emails!

#13 bre

bre
      • 205 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by brigopens
        I have a question: which ceremony place has everyone chosen? I have chose the casita's location, but I am starting to rethink it. I defintily want it on the beach, but I would like a more private area. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a more secluded area on the beach (big enough for 50 + people). Is it possible to have it on a location that is not one of their gazebos?
        [/QUOTE]

We are doing it at the casita's gazebo. When we went to visit in May I walked the entire property at 5:30 one morning (too anxious to sleep!). I really liked this one b/c the gazebo was very simply and there is a wooden walk-way which will be helpful b/c I insist on wearing heels. I'm 5'4" and my fiance is 6'4"- plus I love shoes!

I took pictures of almost all of the gazebos. I'll try to post them from home tonight. If you are looking for privacy you may want to look at the white gazebo on the beach. there are no beach chairs or beds near it. also, if I recall correctly there was another gazebo at the far right hand side of the beach (facing the water) that seems to be a pretty quiet area as well.

Good luck!
        Bre & Pete
        January 19, 2008
        El Dorado Royale

#14 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
        • 554 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Bre!
          What did you think of the privacy level for the casita gazebo?
          That is where I am currently booked for the ceremony.

#15 brigopens

brigopens
          • 247 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by bre
            We are doing it at the casita's gazebo. When we went to visit in May I walked the entire property at 5:30 one morning (too anxious to sleep!). I really liked this one b/c the gazebo was very simply and there is a wooden walk-way which will be helpful b/c I insist on wearing heels. I'm 5'4" and my fiance is 6'4"- plus I love shoes!

I took pictures of almost all of the gazebos. I'll try to post them from home tonight. If you are looking for privacy you may want to look at the white gazebo on the beach. there are no beach chairs or beds near it. also, if I recall correctly there was another gazebo at the far right hand side of the beach (facing the water) that seems to be a pretty quiet area as well.

Good luck!
            Do you girls have the most recent map of the updated property which shows the different wedding locations? If not, I can post it. Also, Valeria sent us pics of most/all of the location options. Would love to see Bre's pics, but I can share these if necessary... Just lemme know.

#16 SheaS

SheaS
            • 380 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

Please post these locations! I am getting married there in January- the same day as Bre but at 4:00, and I have never been to the resort! It would be great to see these locations!

#17 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
              • 554 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sheaa
                Please post these locations! I am getting married there in January- the same day as Bre but at 4:00, and I have never been to the resort! It would be great to see these locations!
                Ditto. I've seen some of the pics sent from Lomus, but I would love to see your pics as well! Also - I've only seen the map on the website - if there is an updated one, I would love to see that too! thanks so much

#18 SheaS

SheaS
                • 380 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

Bre, when are you guys arriving? We will be there the 14th-21st. Maybe we can meet..?

#19 brigopens

brigopens
                  • 247 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
                    Ditto. I've seen some of the pics sent from Lomus, but I would love to see your pics as well! Also - I've only seen the map on the website - if there is an updated one, I would love to see that too! thanks so much
                    Bre, please let us know how to check out your pics...

I will try to figure out how to post the map on here for all to see, or you can PM me with an email address and I will send it to you. It's very helpful. You can also use it, along with the following link, to get a much better perspective of the resort...

Click here for a great aerial shot of the resort from the past year or so...

#20 brigopens

brigopens
                    • 247 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sheaa
                      Once I figure out how to post the map, it will all make more sense, but here's what i can tell for sure. If you want me to email you the pics that the Lomas people sent me, then let me know...

Wedding Locations at EDR (listed from south to north)
                      1. BLDG 55 Gazebo - most secluded/basic gazebo, south end of resort near bldg 55
                      2. Presidential Gazebo - Lots of foliage, looks like small area for guests, unsure of exact location.
                      3. Chapel - Beautiful indoor location seats up to 80
                      4. Garden Gazebo - located back off of the beach, large fancy looking gazebo with large area for guests/reception, behind bldg 5
                      5. White Beachfront Gazebo - next to salt water pool in front of Bldgs 1/2
                      6. Casitas Gazebo - beach location with some foliage, between casitas blocks 27/28
                      7. Undetermined Gazebo -- Looks like smaller all white gazebo located on a pathway in the resort somewhere. Can't find any more info...

If I ever figure out how to post pics, I can put up a picture or two of each of the locations...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter