Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

Poohshek--Keep us posted! Have a great trip. Sarah

#12 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Turtle Bay Cafe is awesome ~ they are actually catering my entire wedding and making the cake/cupcakes also!! Jen, the owner, made me a batch of tres leches cupcakes before I jumped back on a plane going home in June and they were DELISH!!!!! They are a great company to use!!!

#13 poohshek

poohshek
      • 1,456 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

Hi MarieSam, thanks for the feedback! Your web site is awesome! Are you renting a villa for your wedding?

#14 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by poohshek
          Hi MarieSam, thanks for the feedback! Your web site is awesome! Are you renting a villa for your wedding?
          Aww thank you Poohshek, our website is still a work in progress ~ but right now I'm being lazy, hehehe

Our families are actually renting a villa (more like a compound) property that will house 31 of us for the first week ~ the Casa Romero compound on Yal Ku Lagoon in Akumal. But it's solely so we can be together and it will also be the site of our Welcome Dinner/Fiesta!

Weddingwise, we are having our ceremony and reception at Akumal's CEA Center ~ here's my post with all the info http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31355

#15 poohshek

poohshek
          • 1,456 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

We had lunch at Pasteleteria and also tried out 3 of their cakes. Food is delicious and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

1. Tres Leches - The best we have ever had and this will be our wedding cake!!!
            2. The chocolate "BOMB" - My fiance wants this too besides the Tres Leches cake. It is very good. I am not a big chocolate cake fan but I will consider order this too.
            3. The very chocolate cake - Very rich and definitely a hit for chocolate lovers!

I took pictures of the cake and I can forward them if you are interested. Bon appetit!

#16 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
            • 173 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

Poohshek, is Pasteleteria a different place than "La Creperia" and Turtle Bay Cafe?

#17 poohshek

poohshek
              • 1,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

Yes, it is different than the others mentioned in this thread. We didn't have time to look for Turtle Bay Cafe and I couldn't locate the other bakery in Playa Del Carmen.

#18 christie_danielle

christie_danielle
                • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

I have emailed Jennifer from Turtle Bay to enquire about getting cupcakes at the Dreams Tulum. I was told prices start from $4/person and it would cost $50 to deliver to Dream Tulum. I am also going to check out Pasteleteria that others have discussed in this thread. It sounds like the cupcakes from Turtle Bay are pretty yummy so that's good to hear!

#19 Stina168

Stina168
                  • 170 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

Quote:
                    We had lunch at Pasteleteria and also tried out 3 of their cakes. Food is delicious and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

2. The chocolate "BOMB" - My fiance wants this too besides the Tres Leches cake. It is very good. I am not a big chocolate cake fan but I will consider order this too.
                    3. The very chocolate cake - Very rich and definitely a hit for chocolate lovers!

I took pictures of the cake and I can forward them if you are interested. Bon appetit!
                    Poohshek-they all sound yummy! I'd love to see the pics if you don't mind sending them! Stina168@aol.com

#20 Stina168

Stina168
                    • 170 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

Quote:

Poohshek-did you happen to get their contact info at Pasteleteria? If so, I'd love to have it to get a quote!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter