Photo

November weather in Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

Has anyone gotten married in Mexico in November? My wedding is on November 24. I want an outdoor reception but my WC suggested against it. She said the weather might be rainy so it's safer if I have it indoors. Any takes on this?

#2 pipi619

pipi619
    • 59 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

I'm also getting married in November of this year, but my friend who has a vacation house in Cancun told me that the weather is very good in November, don't really rain a lot.

#3 annkaley

annkaley
      • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

I'm hoping for warm weather!

#4 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
        • 812 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dallas_texas09
          Has anyone gotten married in Mexico in November? My wedding is on November 24. I want an outdoor reception but my WC suggested against it. She said the weather might be rainy so it's safer if I have it indoors. Any takes on this?
          When we started looking at Mexico I was told to stay away from the fall months because of rain, but recently I heard that even if it does rain, its only for a half hour or so

Maybe your WC can arrange a plan A and a plan B? When I was originally planning a NY wedding, the WC at the hotel said she can move the wedding indoors up to 1 hour before the wedding

On an unrelated note, your wedding date is my birthday!

#5 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

weird... most things online say november has very few rainy days.

check this out

Puerto Vallarta Weather Nuevo Vallarta climate webcam

#6 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
            • 113 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Galit
              When we started looking at Mexico I was told to stay away from the fall months because of rain, but recently I heard that even if it does rain, its only for a half hour or so

Maybe your WC can arrange a plan A and a plan B? When I was originally planning a NY wedding, the WC at the hotel said she can move the wedding indoors up to 1 hour before the wedding

On an unrelated note, your wedding date is my birthday!
              Hi Galit, since you mentioend that my wedding day is your birthday, I just want you to know that we have another connection -- I am staying at the Occidental Grand Xcaret for the wedding :) I won't be having my wedding there since they took MONTHS to reply to me. Very unfortunate . Are you having yours there?

#7 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
              • 812 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Shut up! Thats too funny...

I TOTALLY know how you feel about them taking forever. It made me really nervous at first, but then I found out that it's normal and their WC's can pull a wedding together in under a week! I am actually going down for a site visit next thursday and I fully intend on using my 3 hour appointment to nail down all the details (as much as I have figured them out).

I have never been there, but my family has and they said it's beautiful. I really hope I love it! I am definitely a little nervous about the lack of response, but FI and I agreed that if we think the WC's aren't helpful, we will just get our own WC to deal with them!

Where are you getting married?

#8 TracyK

TracyK
                • 206 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

I have been there a few times in November, it rained maybe twice. It was only for a very short time and the sun was right back out. I think it is the perfect time of year there. Hurricane season is over and not as many tourists. It is much nicer in a hotel that's at 40% occupancy verses 90%. It is also not that hot, I mean it's hot but not like it is in April through Sept. I say go for it and just have a plan B.

#9 REBECCA

REBECCA
                  • VIP Member
                  • 1,825 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:35 PM

I honeymooned in Playa Del Carmen November 14th - 21st. The weather was nice but did rain a couple times. But when it did rain, it was quick. There was a wedding every day there and the rain never interferred. In the 5 days we were there we had about 3 gorgeous sunny days and a couple cloudy days and one rainy.

I think it is safe to plan a wedding outdoors, just have the WC have a Plan B lined up in case it rains....
                    Rebecca
                    <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
                    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#10 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
                    • 59 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:36 AM

I've been to Cabo twice during Thanksgiving and had great weather both times. It's also nice not being very crowded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter