DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by schelleq View Post
Does anyone know how much it is for someone to have a guest pass if they decide to stay at another hotel? Also, is the guest pass only for the wedding?

Thanks!
Guest pass is only for one day. It's $80 bucks for full day (bk, lunch, dinner) and I think $50 bucks for half day.
Which brings me to this question...has anyone on this forum gotten around this charge? Just curious b/c some guests are thinking of staying elsewhere.

Hi ladies

I put together this map just for fun, thought if might help some of you visualize the resort. The resort has a map on it's website Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spas: Resort Map which is cool because it's interactive, but not so good for visualizing the resort since it's not realistic looking.

I took the following aerial photo from loco gringo Dreems Tulum Resort & Spa, Mexico: beach photo tour, aerial images and added labels for all the important stuff

note: I just realized my smaller red square should include a bit more to the left as that is actually where the chapel and restaurants are (yellow buildings)

Click the image to open in full size.

Stephanie, u are the bestest! You've been there done that yet still are helping us.

Thanks!!

Since you posted the name of it (I couldn't remember for the life of me) what does everyone who's been to DT think about having my cocktail hour at the Veranda bar?!

I'm getting married in the chapel and the reception will be at Seaside.

My mom was thinking the lobby bar would be a great place. But the Veranda bar is much closer. I want to keep people away from seaside until reception time so they won't see all the decorations and stuff.

Any thoughts? Appreciate the help.

I didn't really spend any time in the veranda bar so I can't say. I only went in for my briefing with the tour operator. From what I do remember, it's not a very upscale fancy place, more rustic looking (i.e. like wicker chairs and stuff). Plus it's indoors, although I think it's fairly airy (i.e. lots of open windows?) but can't remember for sure.

Another option would be the sugar reef bar, which is right next to the chapel. It's a completely open area with wicker style chairs and benches. If you want to keep people outdoors (but with a roof over their heads to keep them in the shade) then it's a good option. Although since it's more open, the group might not be as "together" as they would be in the veranda bar. The veranda bar was pretty dead the couple times I walked by so your group might pretty much have it to themselves (although maybe I just walked by at times when it wasn't busy).

The lobby bar would definitely be the most upscale version. People could get to the lobby bar by walking from the chapel towards teh back of the hotel, and then turn left at the giftshop and head to the lobby without going anywhere near the Seaside Grill. This way would be slightly closer than going through the pool/beach and up the main walkway (i.e. in front of the lobby). But I don't know if you would be successful in getting everyone to walk that way (you'd have to have somebody kinda leading the group).

I'll try to remember to update the map tonight to add where the main walkways are. In the picture the entire right side of the resort seems like a jumble of buildings, but there is actually a nice open walkway going through it.

The veranda was pretty dead when I was there but that's what's appealing to me. It would just be my guests. But that's also the drawback. Not sure if they would get bored 2 soon even though I will have the carribbean trio playing in the background. Ugh! Don't know what to do!