1009 replies to this topic

#171 sisterofthebrideerica

sisterofthebrideerica
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DreamsTulumBride
    Hi !

Many of you are getting married at Dreams Cancun and alot of info is available for you all ! I would just like to start a new tread on Dreams Tulum resort and Spa in Riviera maya

Hope this helps all the Dreams Tulum bride 2 B
    Any chance you can donate some points to me so I can open all of these? I can only open the first one..
    THANK YOU!

#172 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
    • 766 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sisterofthebrideerica
      Any chance you can donate some points to me so I can open all of these? I can only open the first one..
      THANK YOU!
      I would be happy too ! Here are a few !

#173 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
      • 766 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by rabbitnow
        Those are great pics of the gazeebo's and tables where were you able to get those from?
        Thanks

Gazebo is always there...
        table + chairs are included in the wedding ! Like all resort LOL You don't have to bring your own chairs to your wedding ! ! !

e-mail Sandra, she will send you many pictures of the gazebo options... let me see if I still have them...

#174 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
        • 766 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sisterofthebrideerica
          Do you know how many people they allow for this?
          Yes there is a few sections at the world cafe...

One is actually very private and nicely decorated, the other is in the center (many people) and the section on left if much better (nicer chairs, tables, deco...) That last sections looks more like the other restaurants there than a buffet area !

#175 babycow

babycow
          • 367 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:39 AM

Anybody use, DT's videographer? Who is everyone hiring for video? Or for those already married, who did you hire? Please share pricing, I really want a video but don't want it to be too much $$. I have been trying to get in touch (through my photographer) with the videographer that did the Lambert's wedding, but no luck yet. She also recommended someone else but was way out of my price range. TIA
            http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
            Erica and Tim
            Dreams Tulum
            Mexico
            May 17, 2008

#176 can't wait!

can't wait!
            • 517 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:11 AM

There is no additional cost to host your welcome dinner at the World Cafe. And the semi-private rooms are pretty big so I wouldn't worry about whether they can accomodate all of your guests. I am expecting around 80 people!

#177 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
              • 766 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

Yes, in one of the area at the world cafe, you can easily have 100-160 poeple! Also, all the tables are decorated (small flower vase in the middle of each table) so you won't need to buy flower decoration for a welcome diner (unless you want something in particular...

#178 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
                • 547 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by babycow
                  Anybody use, DT's videographer? Who is everyone hiring for video? Or for those already married, who did you hire? Please share pricing, I really want a video but don't want it to be too much $$. I have been trying to get in touch (through my photographer) with the videographer that did the Lambert's wedding, but no luck yet. She also recommended someone else but was way out of my price range. TIA

We are purchasing the Ultimate wedding package which includes the videography.
                  http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
                  Amy & Aaron
                  May 10, 2008
                  Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#179 IowaChik22

IowaChik22
                  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

How many of have gotten a gift for your husband to be on your wedding day and what is it? I'm not sure what to get him if I decide to get him anything...maybe just a card?

#180 SunBride

SunBride
                    • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by babycow
                      This is one of the biggest details I have yet to figure out yet, and as of today it's one month until we leave. I'm hesitant about using the resort videographer (Oscar Video - Cancun - Riviera Maya) because I've never seen a sample of his work, and it's pretty pricey (380$ for one hour) when you don't know what you're getting from it. Also I want a bit more than 1 hour, probably 1.5 - 2 hours, so it would cost me even more than that. I really want a full video of the ceremony, and then a "highlights" video of ceremony and post-ceremony with a song. I'm not sure if the resort videographer gives you the full ceremony, although I read somewhere that somebody (forget who) asked for the full video but is still waiting for it.

I haven't found any other cheap videographers. Miguel Cantarell are Dino Gomez are both much too expensive for me. Others I've found when googling are: Playa Weddings - Videography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya, Mayan Riviera Weddings - Wedding photography & video, and Inacqua Images - Playa del Carmen - M©xico - Producciones audiovisuales, video, DVD, multimedia, filmaci³n. I'm waiting to hear back from the later two about cost. Playa Weddings charges 400$ per hour but you need to get them for 2 hours to get a free highlights video (assuming I understood their pricing information correctly).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter