Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#861 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pryzeless
    We bought them in PDC town for $1 each. They worked well for favors!

WOW!

a $1..that's it, what a great buy. Would you mind sharing pics if you have any. And by the way, how did u get to PDC from EDR? Was it a long trip?

#862 brigopens

brigopens
    • 247 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ikupoo
      Hey Brigopens, I noticed that you did slideshow! How much was it to rent out the screen and the projector?
      We made the screen ourselves out of a white sheet and had my dad hang it between the ceremony and reception. We also had a friend bring the projector. They wanted a ridiculous amount of money for their screen and/or projector...

Can't remember how much, maybe $200
      Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#863 brigopens

brigopens
      • 247 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rhonda
        I am very curious about the Walmart in Playa...did they have everything you needed? I am planning on buying a bunch of stuff for my OOT bags at Walmart or Costco (I think they have one in Cancun) once I'm down there. Did anyone else here do that?

We got mostly table decorations... All of our glassware and votive candles. We did buy some tequila gift sets there as well. Definitely not like an exact replica of our US WalMarts but they were relatively well stocked up.

We also found a few other glassware stores throughout town, which is where we bought our sand ceremony container and some containers to put sand from the reception site as a keepsake for our parents.

#864 brigopens

brigopens
        • 247 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
          BRIGOPENS...,

You mention that you guys purchased your Maracas at the Walmart in Mexico. Which Walmart was this? Because we really want to do the Maraca favors too. we've been trying to purchase them out here in NJ, but we haven't had any luck finding some. How much did you guys get them for if you don't mind me asking. I wonder if I should wait to get them while we're out there.

We got out maracas at a small store in Playa. Didn't have them at Walmart. Definitely shop around. We met guys trying to sell them to us for as much as $5 per pair. Eventually found a store with tons of them, still packaged and in pairs, who was willing to do 100 for $100.

I have the address and contact info somewhere around here!

#865 brigopens

brigopens
          • 247 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:27 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
            WOW!

a $1..that's it, what a great buy. Would you mind sharing pics if you have any. And by the way, how did u get to PDC from EDR? Was it a long trip?
            All the maracas we saw looked the same. You can see them in our slideshow.

There's a once daily bus from EDR to Playa or you can just cab it for approx $20 each way... We needed a cab with all that we bought. :-)

#866 ikupoo

ikupoo
            • 171 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for your response, brigopens!
              I received email from Valeria regarding the rental price of the projection screen.

30 guests tent: 800 usd
              30 guest dance floor: 230 usd
              Projection screen: 550 usd

I rather buy a million threadcount white sheets and put it up myself like your dad!

#867 pryzeless

pryzeless
              • 614 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

I think the trip was about 15-20 minutes for $20 each way. I am trying to find some picts of them but I have not gotten the pro-picts yet. I think we are getting them this weekend. If I find one, I will post it.

#868 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
                • 292 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

yay..can't wait!!!

#869 ikupoo

ikupoo
                  • 171 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Did you guys see the updated prices for 2009 banquet kit?! The price jumped up so high!!! I can eat at Joel Robuchon or French Laundry for this price!!!
                    I'm hoping that Valerial would give me the 2008 price since I booked before the price change... otherwise, I would have to start a petition like with the photographer vendor fee!

#870 ikupoo

ikupoo
                    • 171 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

Also, for those of you that got married at the chapel... are candles allowed in the chapel? I was going to order them, and thought that I should check first... there's so much rules in this resort

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter