Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#731 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

On my map, it is called the Healthy Bar/Bar de la Salud (G3) and is right in front of Building #2 and attached to the Healthy Bar Pool. Pericos Bar is B7, which is the first casitas bar. I'm using the new map we received when we were there in May of 2008.

#732 MelanieS

MelanieS
    • 820 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BandE2008
      Anyone know where the cake options are located
      They asked me to choose a cake, but I don't know where to chose from.
      You have to go to the Lomas website. All of your options for decor, music, flowers, etc. are all there.

#733 BandE2008

BandE2008
      • 228 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

Please give thoughts on my time line for the day:

12:00 spa for bride (hair and make up)

Ceremony at 3:30 -- Gazebo 55
        Dinner at 6:30 - El Cocotal
        Reception at 9:00 - Tuscanes

How long does dinner actually take? Like could I shorten that time. I want to go right from dinner to the Tuscanes reception, so what are your thoughts on that timing?

Maybe we should do:
        Dinner 6:00
        Tuscanes at 8:00
        ?

Thanks!

Oh - we are having an early ceremony (3:30) because apparently the sun sets in November around 5:00, so the photographer (Claudia R) said this was the best time to have it in November.

#734 Mandy

Mandy
        • 514 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Quote:

How long does dinner actually take? Like could I shorten that time. I want to go right from dinner to the Tuscanes reception, so what are your thoughts on that timing?

Maybe we should do:
          ?

Thanks!

Oh - we are having an early ceremony (3:30) because apparently the sun sets in November around 5:00, so the photographer (Claudia R) said this was the best time to have it in November.
          I might take more time for the spa appt. Don't forget you have to eat lunch, and it always takes way longer than you think!

#735 MelanieS

MelanieS
          • 820 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

Quote:

Maybe we should do:
            ?

Thanks!

Here was Mandy's schedule:
            5:00 Wedding
            6:30 Dinner at Las Fuentes
            8:30 Reception at Health Bar

We actually arrived at the Health Bar at 8:15, so they let us start early. There were 19 for dinner. I think if you have dinner at 6:00 and reception at 8:00 you should be fine, depending on the number of guests you are having.

#736 pryzeless

pryzeless
            • 614 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Here is my getting ready letter that I plan on sending out soon. Let me know what you think and if there are errors. Thanks.

Attached Files

#737 MelanieS

MelanieS
              • 820 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by pryzeless
                Here is my getting ready letter that I plan on sending out soon. Let me know what you think and if there are errors. Thanks.
                Melissa, Great letter! As for corrections, the correct way to write the welcome to everyone is: Hola Familia y Amigos!

Also, on the 3rd page, the gray box is overunning some of the words regarding the reception dinner at Tucanes. (Does that info need to be inside the gray box?) Lastly, I assume you didn't put the webite for your group pictures on there yet for security purposes. Just double-checked and looked at a map and it should be Tucanes, not Tuscanes

I really like the pictures of proper attire. There should be no questions about what is required by the resort!

#738 pryzeless

pryzeless
                • 614 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Thank you so much for picking up those errors. You know when you stare at something for a long time and you can't see them but to others they are obvious. I took a little from several people here and added my own. Thanks again.

#739 MelanieS

MelanieS
                  • 820 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

I know what you mean. There were a couple of stupid little things that I overlooked when I did Mandy's newletter - left out a word, margins a bit off. I'm sure no one else noticed, but it was like a neon light to me everytime I looked at it.

#740 bechgrl

bechgrl
                    • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hair Trial?

Hi any former EDR brides did any of you do a hair/makeup trial? I was wondering if it is really worth it or if I would just be losing that much more time the? Thanks for any help!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter