Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#591 pryzeless

pryzeless
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

How far in advance did everyone start to finalize the details? I know it has to be complete (and paid for) by 30 days.

#592 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
    • 308 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by pryzeless
      How far in advance did everyone start to finalize the details? I know it has to be complete (and paid for) by 30 days.
      I really started making some key decisions about 3-4 months out, so I think now is the time. I did not feel I was locked into anything because we never had to pay for anything until the 30 day prior mark. I might have reserved the wedding location a little earlier maybe 5 months out now that I think of it.

#593 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
      • 308 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Ladies, whether you got married by a judge or a minister at EDR, did you tip them? How much?

#594 shannon

shannon
        • 772 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nolaroy724
          Ladies, whether you got married by a judge or a minister at EDR, did you tip them? How much?
          we had the judge that EDR provided-- and you know- I think my dad might have tipped her-- but I honestly didn't think about it- at all. So she might not have gotten a tip from us...

We tipped throughout the week, just bc we both bartended our way through undergrad, so we have a thing with tipping, plus the DH was feeling pretty good all week so he was kinda just throwing out money- LOL.. and then for our private events- we tipped pretty heavily (i think for dinner @ Fuentes we tipped $80, we tipped the cocktail waiters at our cocktail party $35, and the reception people @ Tucanes, $50)....

#595 MelanieS

MelanieS
          • 820 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

My daughter used the minister that EDR provided, and by the way, she did a terrific job. I highly recommend her! Anyway, we did not tip her beforehand in the flurry of activity and afterwards she was gone so quickly we didn't even get to thank her.

#596 bba2009

bba2009
            • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hi ladies.
              I recently confirmed my wedding at EDR for April 24, 2009. I'm working with Monica to secure my ceremony location. She sent me pics of Gaz 55, Gaz Fuentes and the white gaz. Based on the pics I'm really leaning towards Gaz. 55. I'm having a hard time figuring out where on the grounds it is located? Does anyone have any feedback on these different gazebos? We are planning to have around 35-40 guests.
              Thanks!

#597 Mandy

Mandy
              • 514 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by bba2009
                Hi ladies.
                I recently confirmed my wedding at EDR for April 24, 2009. I'm working with Monica to secure my ceremony location. She sent me pics of Gaz 55, Gaz Fuentes and the white gaz. Based on the pics I'm really leaning towards Gaz. 55. I'm having a hard time figuring out where on the grounds it is located? Does anyone have any feedback on these different gazebos? We are planning to have around 35-40 guests.
                Thanks!
                Here are some new pics of Gazebo 55. It is at the far south end of the resort.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is one looking back north (and at my guests!)

#598 Mandy

Mandy
                • 514 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:26 PM

Quote:
                  Hi ladies.
                  Thanks!
                  You can see the Presidential Gazebo on Post #555.

#599 bba2009

bba2009
                  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

Mandy, thank you! Your pictures are beautiful!
                    I've booked gazebo 55 :)

#600 Mandy

Mandy
                    • 514 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:26 PM

Quote:
                      Mandy, thank you! Your pictures are beautiful!
                      I've booked gazebo 55 :)
                      Thanks! And good choice. I am very glad that's the one I chose. On mine, we added the exotic gazebo, colored runner, and petals. I think it was worth it. We didn't go for the dressed chairs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter