El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Has anyone ever had trouble with the hotel selling out the weekend of your wedding? I have guests trying to book still and our resort is booked, so is Casitas and Generations. I saw some openings at Moroma but they charge $100 for a day pass each day and only let them on from 9am-5pm. Has anyone dealt with this before? :(

If you are getting married at a busy time of year, then this is a real issue. I know that there have been past brides that have had this happen and ended up having to move their wedding... Or purchase day passes and arrange transfers for those that weren't booked.

This is why working with a good TA who can block rooms and guarantee a rate with a booking window, is so important. If you have a booking window and a guaranteed block, and your guests are given a firm deadline to book- it eliminates this possibility.

karisma will allow guests from other properties onto the hotel without a day pass so long as they are coming strictly for a private event hosted by a bride/groom... So this may be your best option... But any time you are having gatherings with guests that aren't booked as private via the wedding coordinators they will not be permitted without purchasing the day pass.

Edited by kmk2016

Ugh, my travel agent said they don't allow room blocks when I first started booking with her.  How frustrating.  Most all of my guests have already booked but a few people waited until last minute.  Thanks for the information @@kmk2016 :)

@ebiggie-

Sometimes you may have to look at different options/websites vs. just your travel agent. Try Funjetvacations, Apple vacations, Sunwing vacations , Westjet vacations, Air Canada vacations, itravel2000, to see if they have rooms available. You can then book those rooms through that site, and organize a separate flight and transfers.

Good luck!

Ugh, my travel agent said they don't allow room blocks when I first started booking with her.  How frustrating.  Most all of my guests have already booked but a few people waited until last minute.  Thanks for the information @@kmk2016 :)

Your TA didn't do a room block? That's crazy! Has your TA worked with the resort directly to try to get rooms for these guests? My wedding is in just over a week and we had someone just ask to change their RSVP and go (how rude but whatever) and the hotel's website says they're booked. Our TA is working with the resort on his behalf to see if they have any extras.

My wedding is next Sunday and I leave in 5 days for Mexico.  Any last minute advice?  I finally got my WC to change my appointment with the coordinator.  Have TONS of bags packed haha!

Anything specific to ask the onsite WC?

Anything to mention when we arrive?

Anything at all to reccommend??

I am one nervous bride :)

• Like 1

My wedding is next Sunday and I leave in 5 days for Mexico. Any last minute advice? I finally got my WC to change my appointment with the coordinator. Have TONS of bags packed haha!

Soooo exciting!!! It will be perfect! Congrats!!!

yay Nicki! don't be nervous - the hard part is done. I don't remember if you are in the Casitas or not, if you aren't, then definitely mention that you are getting married at the resort when you check in, and if there are any upgrades. Heck, ask if there are any upgrades regardless - it never hurts to ask! 

I'm so glad they changed the appointment for you. 

Recommendations... when you get there, if it isn't lunch or dinner time, and your room isn't ready. they'll send you to JoJos for lunch. it's a great intro to the resort. eat at d' Italia Casitas (skip d'Italia Royale - it is NOT the same). do your best to get reservations at Fuentes and Santa Fe Grill - they are fabulous. have lunch at Las Olas in section 31 - small little grill with great lunches.  breakfast at Cocotal or Santa Fe is the best, or room service. I also love lunch at La Isla. (yes, I'm all about the food!!!)

when you check in they'll give you the activities list and the restaurant times. keep those handy - very useful info. 

head out early before or after breakfast to put your towels on chairs at the beach or pool if you plan to congregate there (unless you're in the casitas - there's plenty of seats there for you). 

the BEST piece of advice I can give you? ENJOY EVERY SECOND. 

My wedding is next Sunday and I leave in 5 days for Mexico.  Any last minute advice?  I finally got my WC to change my appointment with the coordinator.  Have TONS of bags packed haha!

I know it has been of discussion before. I'm getting married on December 30th of next year (2015). Marisol recommended having the ceremony at 3:30p due to the sun setting earlier in the winter. This still feels extremely early to me, because I wouldn't want dinner until 5:30 or 6p. This also means there is so much down time in-between the two and I feel like I'd need even more hours for a photographer because of all this "extra time". Any thoughts from winter-time brides?

@@kfracassi - when we were there over Thanksgiving last year, it started getting dark by 5pm, and full dark by 5:30. 

I think 3:30 is the right start time. You'll finish the ceremony around 4 (unless you're doing a Catholic ceremony, which may be later), and that gives you about an hour of day light for photos. You'll want to do formals with the families, bridal party, etc. and then couples photos of the two of you. You can send your guests to the Beach Bar for drinks in between while you finish photos, and then have dinner start at 5:30 or 6 (or later if you want). If you send them somewhere specific, then the onsite WC can send them to your reception site when it's time. There is enough entertainment to keep them occupied in between. If you finish photos early, you can join your guests for cocktails. 

I know it has been of discussion before. I'm getting married on December 30th of next year (2015). Marisol recommended having the ceremony at 3:30p due to the sun setting earlier in the winter. This still feels extremely early to me, because I wouldn't want dinner until 5:30 or 6p. This also means there is so much down time in-between the two and I feel like I'd need even more hours for a photographer because of all this "extra time". Any thoughts from winter-time brides?

• Like 1