Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#4371 JenniferM

JenniferM
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

@AllieH Cool. I'm so glad we'll be getting there early. 

That's awesome! Everyone I've talked to who has been there says it's like heaven  :D

#4372 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

@JenniferM - it really is an amazing resort. the only thing I wish was different is that the beach was nicer - and you could swim on more of it. but, that's a small thing. we were actually debating between ED Maroma and EDR, but decided for the value we'd go back to EDR (for the 3rd time in 19ish months..but who's counting...).

we seriously looked at islands and resorts all over the Caribbean for the June trip - all inclusive, resort only, etc. from Aruba to Jamaica to Grand Cayman. Tammy (@tammyhost) found a screaming hot deal for us at EDR, and we decided that we shouldn't mess with a good thing.

and I fibbed - our first look was scheduled for 2:30, not 3pm. so we had about an hour from the time we finished up in the salon, which wasn't nearly long enough!

@AllieH Cool. I'm so glad we'll be getting there early. 

That's awesome! Everyone I've talked to who has been there says it's like heaven  :D

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4373 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
    • 446 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

@JenniferM - it really is an amazing resort. the only thing I wish was different is that the beach was nicer - and you could swim on more of it. but, that's a small thing. we were actually debating between ED Maroma and EDR, but decided for the value we'd go back to EDR (for the 3rd time in 19ish months..but who's counting...).

we seriously looked at islands and resorts all over the Caribbean for the June trip - all inclusive, resort only, etc. from Aruba to Jamaica to Grand Cayman. Tammy (@tammyhost) found a screaming hot deal for us at EDR, and we decided that we shouldn't mess with a good thing.

and I fibbed - our first look was scheduled for 2:30, not 3pm. so we had about an hour from the time we finished up in the salon, which wasn't nearly long enough!

You should try out the EDR Maroma next time!  We went for our honeymoon and it was heaven!  The Royale has better food, but the Maroma has an amazing beach and a wonderful chill atmosphere!

#4374 AllieH

AllieH
    • 2,014 posts
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

that's what we've heard/read - but the food quality trumps the beach for my husband. he's already decided where we're eating when we're there! (planners much?! noooo)

You should try out the EDR Maroma next time!  We went for our honeymoon and it was heaven!  The Royale has better food, but the Maroma has an amazing beach and a wonderful chill atmosphere!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#4375 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
    • 446 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

that's what we've heard/read - but the food quality trumps the beach for my husband. he's already decided where we're eating when we're there! (planners much?! noooo)

I would be the same way if I was going back to EDR.  There are some dishes there that are just SO good!  Mmmm Lobster Lasagna!  I am dreaming about it now, haha!

#4376 AllieH

AllieH
    • 2,014 posts
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

YES. D'Italia Casitas is our favorite. and the Chocolate Surprise cake (ok, really the Bailey's ice cream!!).

I would be the same way if I was going back to EDR.  There are some dishes there that are just SO good!  Mmmm Lobster Lasagna!  I am dreaming about it now, haha!

#4377 krobb317

krobb317
    • Site Supporter
    • 26 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Oo I'm getting so excited for the food! We are staying at EDR casitas from May 21-26(wedding on 23). Then we head down to Seaside Suites until June 1, excited for the change of resort! 

AllieH, thanks for the heads up on the long times, she said we can have 3 people get done at once, so that helps a lot to know to allow an extra hour and a half. 

Has anyone gotten their makeup done for the wedding? I'm having a hard time believing it will take a full hour for my bridesmaids' makeup. 

What is everyone's experience with the upgrade when you get a wedding package and the giwc upgrade for a certain mount of rooms? We'd love a swim up casita, but if we would get upgraded to it we'd rather not spend the money. Just worried if they get full what would we be upgraded to? how lenient are they?

Thanks and Happy Friday!!

#4378 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

we spent the 10 days of our wedding-moon in the swim up casita - LOVED IT. the upgrade was courtesy of our GIVC TA. she was able to confirm it for us prior to arriving at EDR. 

if they are full (which I kinda doubt), they may upgrade you to the infinity pool casita suite, or the infinity/swim up. but ask your TA to work that for you. 

I know some of the other brides had their make up done at the salon - hopefully they will chime in! 

Oo I'm getting so excited for the food! We are staying at EDR casitas from May 21-26(wedding on 23). Then we head down to Seaside Suites until June 1, excited for the change of resort! 

AllieH, thanks for the heads up on the long times, she said we can have 3 people get done at once, so that helps a lot to know to allow an extra hour and a half. 

Has anyone gotten their makeup done for the wedding? I'm having a hard time believing it will take a full hour for my bridesmaids' makeup. 

What is everyone's experience with the upgrade when you get a wedding package and the giwc upgrade for a certain mount of rooms? We'd love a swim up casita, but if we would get upgraded to it we'd rather not spend the money. Just worried if they get full what would we be upgraded to? how lenient are they?

Thanks and Happy Friday!!

#4379 krobb317

krobb317
      • Site Supporter
      • 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

@AllieH you are sooooo helpful I can't thank you enough!!!!

So looks like we will be in the Spa for quite a long time. Does anyone know if we are able to order food/drink into there?

#4380 travelgal78

travelgal78
        • Site Supporter
        • 88 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 16, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Ceremony at Marina Maroma/Reception at El Dorado Royale
        • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hi!

We're getting married at El Dorado Maroma, but thought I would introduce myself to this thread since we're still in the "family" lol :rolleyes:

*~Leslie~* :wub:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter