Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#3881 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

woohooo Lindsey! Wishing you a very, very happy wedding-moon. Enjoy every moment. 

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

We leave tomorrow!! Had our (hush hush) courthouse ceremony today.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3882 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

At the airport now!! Thanks to all you lovely ladies for the support! Wedding is saturday, hopefully all will got smoothly!

#3883 jnitschke

jnitschke
    • 251 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

At the airport now!! Thanks to all you lovely ladies for the support! Wedding is saturday, hopefully all will got smoothly!

Yay Lindsey! Have fun!  It's gonna be great!  I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm getting down to my last two weeks now ... eek!  So excited for you!

#3884 jnitschke

jnitschke
      • 251 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Suggestions on which buildings are the nicest to have rooms in?  Or room #s that you think had better views?

#3885 amanda50388

amanda50388
        • 153 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Suggestions on which buildings are the nicest to have rooms in?  Or room #s that you think had better views?

All the rooms are very nice, they will not disappoint but the best views are ocean views by far!!! It just depends on what your guests have booked. This resort is amazing and I have been there multiple times, but to me the best are the casitas, but the regular rooms are just as amazing within themselves. You will enjoy!!!

#3886 mstigger

mstigger
          • 239 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

They were doing some renovations while we were there in Sept and those buildings are great, right across from the ocean. Like Amanda said it depends on what your guests have booked. The majority of ours had swim-up suites on the EDR side and they were INCREDIBLE and we spent a ton of time there just hanging out. Other friends upgraded to a swim-up casita and we loved it too. We had a casita suite on the 2nd floor with an infinity pool - it was a very awesome and surprising upgrade :)

You just really cannot go wrong with any room that you get. My husbands parents were on the third floor of building 3 and while the steps sucked the view was incredible and his mom wanted that more than she wanted a pool, so it really depends, but there is no such thing as a bad room!!!

Hope that helps!!

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Originally Posted by amanda50388 

All the rooms are very nice, they will not disappoint but the best views are ocean views by far!!! It just depends on what your guests have booked. This resort is amazing and I have been there multiple times, but to me the best are the casitas, but the regular rooms are just as amazing within themselves. You will enjoy!!!

#3887 riz157

riz157
            • 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

My wedding was Monday and everything turned out great! I was impressed with their attention to detail and they didn't miss one thing that I asked for. There haven't been many reviews of DJ All Music but he was great. We only had 35 guests and everyone was on the dance floor. If anyone has specific questions let me know.

#3888 AllieH

AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Congrats Riz!! I'm so glad everything went well for you. I told ya DJ All Music was pretty good - I'm glad that worked out well for you too. 

YAY! Happy Marriage!!! enjoy your honeymoon. 

Originally Posted by riz157 

My wedding was Monday and everything turned out great! I was impressed with their attention to detail and they didn't miss one thing that I asked for. There haven't been many reviews of DJ All Music but he was great. We only had 35 guests and everyone was on the dance floor. If anyone has specific questions let me know.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3889 LKocelko

LKocelko
              • 350 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

In a cabana as I type :) they upgraded us to a casita for our entire stay!

#3890 jnitschke

jnitschke
                • 251 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Do you guys think it will be necessary to do a make up trial?  Did anyone else do make up at the spa.  Originally I wasn't going to have the spa do my make up, but after having my make up professionally done for my boudior photo shoot I am realizing that make up that reads well on camera is different than the make up I might do myself, so I'm having it done there.   But it's $50 for the trial, and I'm wondering if it will really be needed.  If they do the make up day of, and I don't like it will they redo it for me?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter